Planing to build a site with jav Subs

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

tobi879

Dec 26, 2014
Hi there,

i am planing to make a website with jav subs that are most wanted be the users. I will buy them for some euro /dollar via paypal. Is that interesting for you guys?

I see there is at the moment a site online called erojapanese.com

But i will do my own thing. Are somebody interested?

rice12345

Jan 14, 2015
I think people will be very interested as long as it's free or at a low cost. For as long as I remember the only popular subs are Chinese and they are mostly just machine translations excluding some rare ones with actual translation,but now all the Chinese subs are all crap quality fill with watermarks.

ericf

Jan 13, 2007
If you want to do something like that you have to start with giving away at least one "popular" title for free so people can see what the quality of translation and grammar is. Popular is a very vague word as I don't have any idea where one would find out what videos are more popular than others. I'd say you should go with actresses that have been mentioned a lot and appeal to a wide audience.
Erojapanese charge $7 per backer for a crowdfunding project so I don't think a non professional translator should start above $5 for a subtitle.
I don't charge anything for my translations, but then I'm not a professional translator either.

ericf

Jan 13, 2007
Last edited:

asianbooblover

Akiba Citizen
Jun 20, 2007
I would be interested- having subtitles makes all the difference if you don't understand the language.

Bladeleon

Dec 8, 2009
Make sure you have to be selective too on the JAV you translate like, if the JAV all about straight sex from the beginning then pointless. Pick a JAV with some story like maybe some Female Detective or Female teacher series or whatever series which has story aside from sex.

Reactions: kharo88

therealpmuk

Dec 20, 2012
Make sure you have to be selective too on the JAV you translate like, if the JAV all about straight sex from the beginning then pointless. Pick a JAV with some story like maybe some Female Detective or Female teacher series or whatever series which has story aside from sex.

Totally agree - it's often the situation in which the female character finds herself and her reaction to it that's so sexy, and translation is needed to do that. Translating "Oh my God, it's so big!" 100 times is a total waste of time.

My other strong advice would be to use automated tools to get your translator started quickly. Produce Japanese subs using automation as a first step. This will take minutes and give you a good (and hopefully accurate) framework of timings for your translator. You yourself (or anyone with an interest) could then tidy up and fill in the automatically generated file (music, etc. prevents a lot being captured). Only once you have got a decent set of Japanese subs do you need to get your translator involved, making the whole process more productive (different people can be working on different projects at the same time) and keeping costs down.

If you do go down this route, make the Japanese subs available alongside the translations. This will allow the community to identify any problems with the process, suggest improved translations, and also potentially enable further translations into other languages.

You could find yourself with a success on your hands if you make the right choices, and I would be willing to invest subject to seeing the end product (like others).

Good luck!

Reactions: kharo88