Picture view help

zylpher

Sep 10, 2008
Okay since this my first post here, I gotta say, love the site, second I downloaded at file of some pics and a few movies in it, the movies play fine, but when I try to view the images with ifran view, or any viewer they say it can't read the header. Is there a way I can change it so I can view these pics, I wanna be able to re-size some of them to be used as wallpapers.

This is the first time I have trouble using ifran veiw for photos, is there a better one I can us that is free.

E:\[imouto PLUS]mai ashiya\芦屋舞 いもうとPLUS this is the image name style, or all of that shows when I look at the properties.

If this is in the wrong forum I apologize, and I wont cry if it gets moved to the right one.

The warning message I get is
E:\[imouto PLUS]mai ashiya\??? ????PLUS\m.jpg : Can't read file header
Uknown file format or file header

zylpher

Sep 10, 2008
just rename the file to any name in eng.
ex. ???.jpg to image01.jpg

The actual names of the photos are just numbers, I am thinking it has to do with the type of file format that I can view them, in the folder the thumbnails show up fine and I can view as slide sh ow, just no picture viewers.:cry:

Added some of the pics from the file, as I can't seem to find it again.

zanzan

Jan 25, 2008
try changing any foreign letters in your directory to eng.
ex. C:\若菜ひかる\pictures to C:\avidol\pictures
this should work

vagoo

Feb 22, 2009
Yea the problem are caused by the folder name. The software just can't handle japanese letters properly.

RhinoHunter

Sep 16, 2010
new here as well. i ran into the same issue and resolved it just the same. another question: is there any way to incorporate or otherwise configure a standard english installation to display the foreign character set, as to not have to be renaming every time this issue comes around ? :puzzled: not sure it even matters so much, just wondering if it is even possible. thanks in advance.

i also like akiba as it has just what i need. i will be posting some material as soon as i go over the site so that i am not just re-posting the same things.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Just use a different image viewer software that supports unicode filenames and different codepages.

I recommend http://www.honeyview.org/ for this purpose.