looking_2226465b.jpg

skytree3.JPG

Free Photos By: Google | Tokio SkyTree

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people

Javvee

Aug 29, 2013
Tower Tokyo Sky Tree, On The Inside, From The Inside ....... #2

263899-tokyo-skytree-tower-world-s-second-tallest-building-boasts-sweeping-vi.jpg

9674117562_eb039244ae_b.jpg

9670870799_974cd295d5_b.jpg

Sorakara .... The Main Mascot For The Tokyo SkyTree

Tokyo-Japan-Sorakara-the-main-mascot-for-the-Tokyo-Sky-Tree-looks-out-over-the-view-from-the-newly-opened-tower-which-at-634m-in-height-is-now-the-worlds-tallest-freestanding-broadcast-structure.jpg

Interior-Tokyo-Sky-Tree-875x576.jpg

Javvee

Aug 29, 2013
Tower Tokyo Sky Tree, On The Inside, From The Inside ....... #3

From .... Up Of All. In the Air. WOW !!! What a high is that.

tstmirador.jpg
vista-skytree_thumb.jpg

sky_tree_tembo_deck.jpg

tst.jpg

Is Empty

photo2_3b.jpg

tokyo-skytree-L-DF6yuL.jpeg

Appears Inside A Spaceship.

sky_tree_tembo_galleria.jpg

photo2_1b.jpg

They are always in the same place, filming or taking pictures to the same area from above.

filecdn.php

TokyoSkyTreetoweropenedtomedia-686x387.jpg

skytree-tokio.jpg

Circular Restaurant

153814847.jpg

Smooth, Extensive And Comfortable Travel.

TOKYO SKYTREE TOWN is just under an hour away from Haneda Airport by HANEDA AIRPORT EXPRESS.
With its spacious luggage area, you can travel in comfort.

photo1_3b.jpg

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Thats awesome that you got to shoot the emperor! I'm seriously jealous of that opportunity!!!! When did you do that?????

Javvee

Aug 29, 2013
Aquamarine.

All these photos I find on the Internet thanks to GOOGLE search.

As I saw you stopped posting pictures of you, and you do not so often as before, then, not to leave this post alone
I decided to have it active, and so the people who like to see these pictures of Tokyo - Japan, continue to enjoy them.

If you find my contributions are not correct, then, tell me, and stop doing what I'm doing.

No problem either on my part.

Greetings.

ane-san

snow queen
Sep 25, 2008
I always enjoyed photos by aquamarine posted on this thread,this was probably not only for me but for many on this forum place to enjoy the view we`ll probably never see for ousrelves so please Javvee don`t start flaming.....
I don`t mind other users posting their photos too, but as I said -their- photos and not ones from the internet.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Well, the topic of the thread is "Photos from Japan" and not "Photos of Japan" so realistically anything else could be reported as being off topic. That is a fine line we had not really had to worry about before though. I admit, I too miss aquamarines posts in this section. However it is his decision whether or not he wishes to share with us here or not and I respect that. But he should know that his shares are missed and Akiba-Online is a little less than it was without them.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Sorry folks, moving to a new place, Will post up a bitch-ton soon.

Reactions: 7 people

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I hope you didn't have to move anything down the stairway.

Baby_Princess

Love me Ok
Nov 12, 2011
a long way of aquamarine to go get many Pictures from Japanese , i will be say '' Thank you and take care'' :th_059_:

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
OK ok ok, I'll see if I can post a few more in a while after I pack some boxes up.

Reactions: 4 people

Suvlaco

Jun 9, 2009
Well, I'm heading back to Japan this week for a short time... not sure what to do on the two days my missus has work though, so any suggestions on where I should head for some more snaps? Anyone got any where they're keen to see photos of?

Reactions: 1 person

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
You may not be familar with him but I would love to see some pictures of the Kondo Shrine. It marks the birthplace of the notorious samurai/Shinsengumi Kondo Isami. At one time he was one of the most feared individuals in Japan and the most loyal of servants to the Shogun. Pictures of the tomb and the original Dojo of "Tennenrishinryu, 天然理心流" would be nice too. It is located in the Musashino Area.

These are the directions I got online:

Access
0. at Shinjuku Station
1. use Keio Line to Chofu (16 min.)
2. use local bus to Kokaidomae (10 min.)
3. walk west (20 min.)

Suvlaco

Jun 9, 2009
You may not be familar with him but I would love to see some pictures of the Kondo Shrine. It marks the birthplace of the notorious samurai/Shinsengumi Kondo Isami. At one time he was one of the most feared individuals in Japan and the most loyal of servants to the Shogun. Pictures of the tomb and the original Dojo of "Tennenrishinryu, 天然理心流" would be nice too. It is located in the Musashino Area.

These are the directions I got online:

Access
0. at Shinjuku Station
1. use Keio Line to Chofu (16 min.)
2. use local bus to Kokaidomae (10 min.)
3. walk west (20 min.)

I'll keep that in mind and see if I can find it, weather and so on permitting. A lot of that stuff is pretty cool and interesting, but may not be pleasant to go to in current weather :p

Reactions: 2 people

tylersailer

Jan 24, 2011

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I was kinda wondering what Ceewan was referring to as there are (seemingly) two tombs of Kondo Isami... One at execution site and the other at the real tomb along with his family?

It was kind of an intense time for Japan, the Boshin war, so I can see both tombs having historical significance. I was talking about the real tomb. There is a third grave site as well, in Aizu, Fukushima. It is said that the exact location of Kondo’s remains are unknown and only a rough guess can be made. Although a samurai that had the right to directly meet with the Shogun, he was beheaded as a common criminal rather than being allowed to commit seppuku. He faced his death with great dignity and courage. His head was placed on public display in Edo. Kondo Isami was accused of the assassination of Sakamoto Ryōma the leader of the movement to overthrow the Tokugawa shogunate. History is still mixed in its reports on the Shinsengumi. Some see them as a throwback to nobler ideals, when samurai lived and fought by a strict code of ethics and held high ideals of martial and personal virtue. Others see them as official thugs who terrorized Kyoto in the name of the Shogun. Kondo had a black training robe with a human skull embroidered in white on the back. It was said he wore this to show his determination as a swordsman. The jacket is now on display at the Kojima house.