1. Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Discord server for JAV videos?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by javerotikaz, Jun 7, 2018.

1. javerotikaz

javerotikaz Active Member

Was wondering if the admin here has a discord server or if not I would love to see one. I think this would be great idea to have this community hosted on there as well.

2. Casshern2

Casshern2 Senior Member...I think

I know there is an IRC...

CoolKevin likes this.
  3. CoolKevin

CoolKevin Nutcase on the loose Staff Member Super Moderator

I am wondering what a discord server is

if it is chat, yes we are on the rizon network, and channel #akiba, or you can hit the chat link under our banner

4. javerotikaz

Discord is a very popular platform these days, a lot of people set up full communities there. go to https://discordapp.com and see. Although it says for Gamers, but people use it for everything now. May I suggest looking into it. It's very easy to setup and free. People can communicate and share in real time via screenshare, video, text, audio. Instead of IRC, which is very old and outdated, I definitely recommend setting up a Discord server for the JAV community.

5. CoolKevin

oh great does not work for me

so what is it supposed to do for me/board/and whoever

6. javerotikaz

Well since you have IRC on here, I thought it would be better to setup a Discord server instead. I think this website could use modern technology. It's just another alternative to IRC. If you want help, I can help you set it up. It's free, quick and easy. Since the JAV community is very active, I think it could make a nice meeting place for others to engage, talk, share, etc.

Discord works for anyone and everyone. You can use the web version of it, that way you don't have to download the app and install it. All you need to do is sign up with a discord account to use it.

I've been using Discord for 2 years now and its great and growing very fast. A lot of people have switched over to it. I have it installed on my computer, phone, tablet, pretty much everywhere. And I'm always in contact with everyone at all times. Makes communication easier, faster, instant and much more efficient. You can set up permissions, which you can't do on IRC. It's very extensive and scalable.

7. CoolKevin

ok thank you,