oekaki sites

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
This doesn't really fit with Anime Discussion, and it's also a poorly-concealed request to boot. It'd be better suited for either the Chatterbox (if you could provide some discussion of your own to get things started) or the Request forum (if all you can think of to say is, "What do you think the best [oekaki site] is?").

I've never found a good oekaki site. Most of the sites which are self-proclaimed "oekaki hubs" remind me a lot of DeviantArt: sure, they may have tens or perhaps hundreds of good pieces, but they have thousands of files which are pure rubbish. It's because, being an artsy-farsty site, they don't discriminate "good" from "bad" and they let everybody upload his or her own oekaki, no matter how atrocious it is.

Typically the way I find good oekaki is either one of two ways:
(a) pure, random luck in finding one particular image
(b) going to the website of my favorite fan artist and seeing if, in his gallery, he happens to have any oekaki that is drawn well

I know this isn't what you want to hear. But I don't have an answer for you, and I thought I'd write this just so you didn't think I was being an asshole with the first paragraph.

mcnofx

Jul 29, 2008
i just figured anime - drawing anime.. whatever. :dunno:

i was just wanting to know what people thought is the best one to use to draw.

thanks for the reply:bow-pray:

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Sorry I couldn't be more help. It is frustrating just how difficult it is to find a good imageboard for a given drawing style or franchise.

Suggestion? If there are other forums where you post more frequently, or if you plan on becoming a frequent poster here, maybe include that request in your signature? Really easy to do: just add the line "I'm looking for a good oekaki site. Please PM me with any information you might have. Thanks!" to your sig and you're good to go. Every time you post, people will see it. And who knows -- you might get lucky.

nosihc

May 12, 2007
buy some proper training book...
promote youself a little outside so you never bore

but if you want to learn all from oekaki's artist ..you are better talking to them.w.save more time to go to the orignal than the third party...
try them all out!!