New Rapidshare

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

loginname

Nov 30, 2007
If you still upload to rapidshare, please be aware that only people who have an RapidPro account can download your stuff. You can't say it's free anymore.

I've never complaint about waiting time or speed but now it is a mess. There is a countdown of 64 seconds which can take up to 30 minutes. If you check your mails or do something else during waiting time and come back later be sure your one minute download session time has expired. Then if you try again it says your bandwidth is too high or your ip is already downloading a file or whatever.:vomit:

If you finally had the luck and got part 1 you get a new half hour countdown for part 2. Now guess the time this countdown needs. Forget it.:giveup:

I understand advertising, the delay and slower speed but this is very negative publicity I think.

I mean I never participated in the rapidshare flamings. I always agreed that it is a question of taste and sure people who have an account will further use it. But in my view rapidshare is a pure paysite now.

And I wrote it here in this section because every link to rapidshare is a free of charge ad for them. Not now but in the long run I think they should get banned for this policy.
Or at least claim some money for every customer you bring them.

loginname

Nov 30, 2007
I just made a free account and yes it is the same screen, same cartoon with waiting boy, same unpredictable waiting time etc

The difference concerns uploading. Seems they still like free content.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I used to have a premium account, until they changed the rules, it used to be the fastest and the best, but now, it is useless

xater

Bibitur Semper
Jun 5, 2007
Uploaders won't care about all the things mentioned in the OP -since they will most likely have premium accounts-, I've used rapid premium for about 2 years now, and it does get slow at certain times (peak hours) but the real problem is the thing about deleting files after 60 days of no downloads. Since no one is using rapid anymore, there's no reason to have a premium account unless for download my own files to prevent them from being deleted, which is selfdefeating, imo. :sadomaso:

Megaupload has a 90 day cutoff but it seems they don't enforce it, and for uploading it is good, but the account thing is buggy, and then there's the dreaded "temporarily unavailable" thing...
:notagain: Hotfile, fileserve and filesonic are all a pain in the butt to upload to, I stick to HF because they keep the files as long as the premium account is there, if they change that, it would be :bye: I'm looking for more alternatives, bitshare says they keep files for 190 days... :study:

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
choose to fail

RS was on top of the world, then they beat a huge lawsuit,
then maybe at the after-party, they decided to burn bridges
for every loyal paying customer. The drunken toast must
have been, "First, we stop rewarding people for bringing
potential customers to Rapidshare!, F EM! Who needs traffic?
Then we cash in all aquired points and begin the countdown
for all our paying customers to quit.! Then we can sit here
and delete files for the next year! Ready? Set? SUCK!."
My Pro status ran out a week ago, but I can still download like
a member, with my FreeDownloadManager. Soon they will patch
that fricken hole. I'm still downloading my own files to re-up to HF.
Why would they give up? There has to be a goal of some kind.
If they were tired of making money, just donate it or sell your
company. If there are other hosts involved,
you'd see promotions like "No like RS's BS? Try HF U SO!"
It's gonna be the biggest first-to-worst TANK in internet history.
ssss

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
Thx CW!

I was just judging from my POV, but that confirms it. From top-10 to 86,
behind HF MU and even 4shared. What a great read that was.. thxthx

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
MU

Great:-( Now MU has changed it's look. Instead of
the bare-bones filename---# downloads
It has frilly fonts and bubbley icons. It's
like having to dook in gramma's bathroom.
Forget it! I'll waddle down to the gas staion,
and do my business there. (multiupload)
Only while I'm away from home. (HF)