Multiple ID, any sugestion to prevent it?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

JavjavJAV

p0rnMeNow
Jul 8, 2010
As there is so many multiple ID these days, might be the cause of error 503 (high load server)
I would like to sugesting for Staff here to open registration one day in a week, no automatic email confirmation so staff can scan the IP first if there is same IP or proxy IP on registration the registration would be denied :sadomaso:

any others sugestion?

aikonhey

idolfun.net
Jul 14, 2008
most of them are Vietnamese posters, (i'm not a racist, i love vietnam)

they will do everything just to piss other works. :exhausted:

some people here in akiba are urged to become a member just to repost other people's work. sad to say, you waste a couple of hours just to make quality posts and suddenly the spammers will bug you as much as they can. :thief:

why not just assigned people who has a good reputation and deliver quality uploads.

aikonhey

idolfun.net
Jul 14, 2008
the funny part of reporting alternicks and spammers is like this, cursing and threatening me via PM :exhausted:

16b321.jpg

i'm not familiar with Vietnamese language, but this is what i got with Google Translate.

original message

Fuck you,tôi sẽ trả thù bạn nếu như bạn cứ tiếp tục phá tôi.

translated (Google Translate)

Fuck you, I will avenge you, if you keep breaking me.

:notagain:

JavjavJAV

p0rnMeNow
Jul 8, 2010
the funny part of reporting alternicks and spammers is like this, cursing and threatening me via PM :exhausted:

16b321.jpg

i'm not familiar with Vietnamese language, but this is what i got with Google Translate.

original message

translated (Google Translate)

:notagain:

lol
never had PM like those before
and I'm lazy to translate useless things

I hope I'm not getting weird PM xD

and by the way, how does banned ID can PM you ?

aikonhey

idolfun.net
Jul 14, 2008
lol
never had PM like those before
and I'm lazy to translate useless things

I hope I'm not getting weird PM xD

and by the way, how does banned ID can PM you ?

of course, he's not yet BANNED when he sent that message. as of now, there's another user (new member) who are mirroring my newly made topics (Exclusive DynamiteChannel MOVIES), what's more annoying is the fact that all he does is to click and make copies from it. and voila! he got an instant files :giveup:

JavjavJAV

p0rnMeNow
Jul 8, 2010
of course, he's not yet BANNED when he sent that message. as of now, there's another user (new member) who are mirroring my newly made topics (Exclusive DynamiteChannel MOVIES), what's more annoying is the fact that all he does is to click and make copies from it. and voila! he got an instant files :giveup:
lol
thats correct, the major cause of these are there are a lot new filehosting
sorry as I knew that you are using wupload for your filehosting

for an example
last time staff here banned fileserve for the reason spam, but today they cant ban wupload as there is wupload banner on this board xD

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
we get angry about them keep coming back, the banned list is getting bigger everyday, if anybody can come up with good idea, we do listen,

and we have many tools in place

aikonhey

idolfun.net
Jul 14, 2008
Hi CK, its very obvious that those spammers will gamble their membership just to spam the board. they really don't care about to be banned for their actions. the more alternicks, the more chances of spamming :exhausted: we knew it sir as we deal of these users. I think akiba should come up with another rule that recognize the contribution of true uploaders, its not necessarily to have a huge numbers of uploaders and posters if they will just making trash and recycling trash, but to distinguish who are really deliver and bring good quality contents.

in my case, i'm not against alternative host or mirrors but in respect to the original uploader/poster, how about leave it just for a couple of days or a week. before making mirrors. aside from that, what is really annoying is the fact that they just let their leechers to make a copies from others' files while the original uploader put an effort to produce screenies and everything. :thief:

for the spammers and copy-paste people, let's face the truth, uploading is a competition if those people can't handle the competition, so be respectful and don't be just a DICKRIDER.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
A wild idea came into my mind.

To have a thread in the announcements section, where people have to write a word or two, so that they are allowed to upload stuff. Not sure if it will reduce the flood, but at least we know that they have spent a minute there, or that they are not bots.

Even better: the message must be put in the rules thread, like 'i have read the rules thank you'.

Then if we find someone posting in the torrents or direct download sections, having not confirmed he has read the rules, we can delete all his stuff and give him an infraction.

They can post in the discussion, news, request and help sections without any problem.

Of course the problem is that the list of people to monitor will grow steadily, while the number of moderators not as much, but I believe this is an idea to dig into.

Many forums don't allow people to access the download areas before they made 10 to 30 posts, so it's a compromise between the current situation and a strict policy against posting.

aikonhey

idolfun.net
Jul 14, 2008
^ good point, new users who wants to post their uploads should a have visible activities in the forum prior to their plan to post to the download section,.etc.. this will help to stop the autoposters/bots to propagate their spams, and it used to limit the user to create alternicks that serves them as back up if ever the previous one was BANNED. unless that user is willing to sacrifice time and hassle to build activities for all the alternicks that he made. :exhausted:

JavjavJAV

p0rnMeNow
Jul 8, 2010
well,
they dont care about being suspend for 30 days or banned as they still can register back as another nick
the only thing they care is post their links so other user can see their files link and download it
even last time I saw the other alternick giving thanks for another alternick post, lol

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
why not just restrict the direct download section to new members, those who want to access there need to have reached certain reputation (lets say 100 thanks, or more)
Many forums don't allow people to access the download areas before they made 10 to 30 posts
there are many user that only post "thanks, thank you, or seed please", they dont contribute nothing to the forum, even if they have 50 post

aikonhey

idolfun.net
Jul 14, 2008
why not just restrict the direct download section to new members, those who want to access there need to have reached certain reputation (lets say 100 thanks, or more)

there are many user that only post "thanks, thank you, or seed please", they dont contribute nothing to the forum, even if they have 50 post

same here, BUT on the other hand they will just create other accounts and serves as bots to click the THANKS button for them. :pandalaugh: anyway, that's a lot of job. spammers will be having a hardwork to that. give them some pain. :D

as i've said, its not important to have a huge number of posters and uploaders, a limited number of posters per section who has a good reputation is enough to maintain the daily updates, less spam and most of all those sections will be organized. so the forum needs dedicated uploaders who has a sources, capability and will be able to deliver good quality contents.

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
A new idea

To prevent posible spammers or multiple accounts it could be a good idea that new registred members cant post in the first week or two (like a stand-by mode) to give the staff time to check their IP for possible multiple account before they post their tr@sh.

JavjavJAV

p0rnMeNow
Jul 8, 2010
To prevent posible spammers or multiple accounts it could be a good idea that new registred members cant post in the first week or two (like a stand-by mode) to give the staff time to check their IP for possible multiple account before they post their tr@sh.

isn't that rules already added on A-O system ?

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
isn't that rules already added on A-O system ?

yes, and with over 500 joining everyday, we cannot go through every single post

loginer

Follow the rules!
Mar 17, 2011
A wild idea came into my mind.

To have a thread in the announcements section, where people have to write a word or two, so that they are allowed to upload stuff. Not sure if it will reduce the flood, but at least we know that they have spent a minute there, or that they are not bots.

Even better: the message must be put in the rules thread, like 'i have read the rules thank you'.

Then if we find someone posting in the torrents or direct download sections, having not confirmed he has read the rules, we can delete all his stuff and give him an infraction.

They can post in the discussion, news, request and help sections without any problem.

Of course the problem is that the list of people to monitor will grow steadily, while the number of moderators not as much, but I believe this is an idea to dig into.

Many forums don't allow people to access the download areas before they made 10 to 30 posts, so it's a compromise between the current situation and a strict policy against posting.

I second that. Lots of people keep posting without using the some of the most basic rules. Force them to edit correctly so they'd have to take their time to post.

JavjavJAV

p0rnMeNow
Jul 8, 2010
another idea
how 'bout registering by invitation
old member can give invitation for several people (5 for example)
and the inviter must take responsibilty for people who they invite (banned for inviter too if the people he invite get banned)
this will reduce multiple id for sure
as coolkevin said 500 joining every day high load server for sure :scared:

are you sure free user still can browse this board, I guess not :notagain:

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
another idea
how 'bout registering by invitation
old member can give invitation for several people (5 for example)
and the inviter must take responsibilty for people who they invite (banned for inviter too if the people he invite get banned)
this will reduce multiple id for sure

are you sure free user still can browse this board, I guess not :notagain:

5 members introduce 5 members x 5 members 125 members within minutes, and some have memberships from 3-4 years ago
it still goes back they do not care,

yes you can come here as guest, that is also another reason for the slow, people googling say ABC-123 and Akiba is at the top of the list of results, unfortunately that is the price of success