MotionScreens

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
MotionScreens

Standard Screenshot (JPG Image)

attachment.php

Screenshots are nice and are required in most cases when it comes to posting uploads. For some they make or break the decision to acquire a title. As good as they are they are still just frame shots, essentially. Sometimes what you see can misrepresent the actual file for the better or otherwise. That's not intentional, mind you, and is usually the fault of the program creating it. I decided to see if we could one-up the standard fare for a bit, just to see what it would look like. The result? MotionScreens: moving screenshots.

Below is a 10 second MotionScreen that used the screenshot above as time markers. Wherever MPC started a new frame shot (going by the time stamp of each frame) the MotionScreen starts a 10sec clip. Four rows, four columns = Sixteen 10sec clips combined into a single frame (odd aspect ratio but we're not going for any standard compliance). That's 2min 40sec worth of preview to enjoy in a 10sec offering all at the same time. It is best to have your player of choice on replay to get a good effect from it. True to the screenshot preview form the sound has been eliminated so you will not hear a thing. The title used as an example is an oldie but goodie (JUFD-257) that I have posted HERE as a full SuperSD presentation.

MotionScreen (Video File)
attachment.php

MotionScreen as displayed above.
JUFD-065_MotionScreener.mkv - 7.1 MB

[JUFD-065] Chinami Sakai - Erotic Mature Woman's Big Ass Seduction

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Casshern2, if I understood it correctly (please correct me if not), MotionScreen doesn't create thumbnails JPG image, but an MKV video file instead. And these shows the 10 seconds of each shot starting from the point the shot would also be normally taken by a thumbnail program.

But it seems you can't upload this files because they won't be shown animated in the browser, right? That's also the reason why you upload an screenshot of that MKV video file.

So it's not an alternative for thumbnails, but an enrichment, right?

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Correct. I forgot to add a link to the MotionScreen on this post (just did). The screenshot of the player, ironically, is to show what you'll be seeing in the MotionScreen MKV file when you grab it. And you're right, not an alternative as the thumbnails will still be present, but a really neat enhancement. That was a first pass at it. The best thing to do, really, is to have a 10sec clip of each scene. Four scenes = four frames (2 rows, 2 columns). For odd number scenes there will need to be a blank frame.

Depending on how big you make the presentation the file size will vary. This one is 7MB in size.

And I wish there was a MotionScreen editor! I did that manually. Didn't take too too long, but it isn't point, click and run. :sleep: