meguIV: The Official Akiba-Online DVD Encoder (v1.0.1.1)

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
No problem isityours. Shame really, because your previous results at least suggested a reason for the strange behavior of this one file.

I don't suppose beta1 or beta2b work after this more careful installation (sandbox deletion) do they?

no__One

May 27, 2007
Absolutely, this problem is not specific to the new meguIVit_1.0.0_beta2.
It is present on all versions. Feature inherited from MeGUI.
It was just a suggestion that would circumvent the problem of not being able to encode directly from the ISO without extract its contents.

PS: I'm sorry, my English is really limited and low ... :rainyday:

Regards.

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
Encode directly from the ISO without extract its contents.
I'm sure it's possible to parse the ISO directly rather than extract. But I don't really want to spend the time investigating/writing such a parser. Probably technically complex to integrate it with MeGUI's systems. It would only save a couple of minutes per ISO, and you can delete the VOBs after encoding...

I'm sorry, my English is really limited and low ...
Every time you apologize, God slaughters a kitten.

no__One

May 27, 2007
I understand.

I am then responsible for large-scale massacre of innocent kitten!:eek:hnoes:
My God, how such a thing can come?

I've tried using Google translation but their service is so bad, it mades ​​sometimes misinterpretations, antiphrasis ... (Absolutely, more than myself, it is quite possible, I assure you ..):stress:

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
another post....yeah, i know.

up until now i have followed your advice and been adding:

global MeGUI_darx = 16
global MeGUI_dary = 9
AviSource("Yourpath\hfyu_VTS XX X.avi")
SelectEven()

or

global MeGUI_darx = 4
global MeGUI_dary = 3
AviSource("Yourpath\hfyu_VTS XX X.avi")
SelectEven()

to the avs script to make a 30rip but the contents of the avs look very different now. what steps do i need to take to make a 30fps rip now?

(a 60fps rip of Sho-boh just completed now without incident. looking good.)

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
The preview of the .avs will not reflect the correct aspect ratio. The display aspect ratio (DAR) is just passed onto the container during muxing, and it is the software player (such as Haali in MPC-HC) that will read the DAR and correct the ratio during playback.

Just make sure the DAR variables are present in whichever .avs script you pass into MeGUI. In One-Click mode with pre-rendering enabled, MeGUI automatically creates a secondary .avs script for the HFYU file, but the DAR variables are placed in the original .avs and passed automatically to the container during muxing. But if you reload the secondary .avs script (for the HFYU file, eg: for a SelectEven() 30fps encode), you will have to add in the DAR variables again.

Or, if you encode to MKV, just use MKVtoolnix to change the DAR manually in a completed MKV file.

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
isityours: No real change to the process you've used before

The hyfu_XXX.avs file will look something like this:
Code:
LoadPlugin("...yourpathto...\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
FFVideoSource("...yourvidpath...\hfyu_XXXX.avi").AssumeFPS(60000,1001)

Change it to something like this (with the appropriate aspect ratio):
Code:
global MeGUI_darx = 16
global MeGUI_dary = 9
LoadPlugin("...yourpathto...\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
FFVideoSource("...yourvidpath...\hfyu_XXXX.avi").AssumeFPS(60000,1001)
SelectEven()

[Dual rip functionality is 3rd on my list of things to do...]

IncestJAV

KinShinSouKan JAV
Feb 17, 2010
I got "Cannot load avisynth.dll" error.
How to link to the avisynth.dll?
I already have MeGUI_1989_x86 and AviSynth 2.5 installed in my computer.

[FULLATTACH]435712[/FULLATTACH]

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
meguIV runs from a sandbox (the folder called 'Sandbox' created when you start it) so doesnt conflict with any other instances of megui/avisynth on your system. one thing i would try before getting too drastic is giving Vitreous' meguIVit a go. the 'stable' version, 0.2.1, is available from here and the new release (still being tested) is available here. meguIVit adds a lot of extra functionality to meguIV and may solve your dll problem at the same time. instructions for usage are on the 0.2.1 download page.

some advice to tide you over till the experts get here.

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
IncestJAV: MeguIV contains its own Avisynth and MeGUI so this problem is unexpected. MeguIV does require "virtual" access to the C: drive. Are you using a computer with an unusual setup, e.g. a networked machine with restricted access, or an unusual kind of C: drive?. This might prevent MeguIV from creating the virtual folders it needs.

Also, did you follow the instructions in the first post? You should only use "One-Click" with MeguIV. You don't use it manually like MeGUI.

IncestJAV

KinShinSouKan JAV
Feb 17, 2010
@isityours
Thanks. I'll try meguIVit.

@Vitreous
My personal computer is normally setup. Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits. I think there's no unusual setup.
I use "One-Click" encode and MeGUI got " Cannot load avisynth.dll" error either and it crashed.

[FULLATTACH]435922[/FULLATTACH]

I found my avisynth.dll is in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ folder, not in C:\Windows\System32\ . Does this matter?

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
I found my avisynth.dll is in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ folder, not in C:\Windows\System32\ . Does this matter?
That is the correct place for avisynth.dll on a 64-bit machine... but the avisynth.dll you can see is not the one that is used. The avisynth used is "virtual" - MeguIV creates its own Windows system when you run it.

To see the virtual file do this:
- Run MeguIV
- In MeguIV choose "File>>Open" from the menus
- Change "Files of Type:" to "All Files" at the bottom
- Browse to "C:\Windows\SysWOW64"
- Can you find avisynth.dll in there now? [This is not the same file you saw earlier - this is a virtual file].
- Hover over it with your mouse cursor. What is the "File Version"? It should be "2.5.7.0"
- If avisynth.dll is not there or if the File Version is not "2.5.7.0" then look in "C:\Windows\System32". Is the correct version there?

IncestJAV

KinShinSouKan JAV
Feb 17, 2010
Yes. There is an avisynth.all which version is 2.5.7.0 in my virtual C:\Windows\SysWOW64". There's also an version 2.5.7.0 avisynth.dll in my virtual C:\Windows\System32.
And my real avisynth.dll in my real C:\Windows\SysWOW64 is version:2.5.8.5.

Don't know how come my MeGUIIV does't link to the virtual avisynth.dll properly. It always crashes.

I tried MeGUIIVit and there's no avisynth.dll problem.
I could process to the next steps.
I checked there're also 2 avisynth.dll in both of my virtual C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and virtual C:\Windows\System32. Their versions are unknown and filesizes are both 1.63MB.

[FULLATTACH]436014[/FULLATTACH]

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
I don't know what that problem was with the original MeguIV.
But if MeguIVit works then it doesn't matter - it has the same features and is faster. Your screenshot above looks good, hopefully it will complete OK.
Make sure you choose a One-Click preset to suit the ripping speed/quality you want and the power of your machine.

hofct

Jul 10, 2009
My 1.00b2 test:

Without changing any settings, I have following error during the muxing phase. (Though I can manual mux using MP4Box GUI)
First 2 pictures show the error.

Previous working version path: C:\Program Files\meguiV
My new version testing path: C:\Program Files\meguiVit 1.00b2

View attachment 436517 http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/p...R&s=+&prod=attachments&ins=link_thumb_2_orig#
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/p...R&s=+&prod=attachments&ins=link_thumb_2_orig#
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/p...R&s=+&prod=attachments&ins=link_thumb_2_orig#

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
Without changing any settings, I have following error during the muxing phase.
Yes, I can recreate that error. Only affects MP4 muxing. I will fix it for the next version.

____

I have also been alerted to another error which is probably locale (country) related. A syntax error occurs in a ".inc" file. I hope to get this one fixed next version too.

____

I'm in the middle of some tricky changes to the way MeGUI handles resolutions, so the two fixes above will take a couple of days.

lilgurlsrfun

Loliphile
May 29, 2008
Thanks Vitreous, I will test and get started on my collection of videos I have here with it. :D

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
lilgurlsrfun was asking about deinterlacing CandyDoll content. The new MeguIVit is good for that - it will deinterlace and crop those WMVs easily.

However, lilgurlsrfun, I was just testing and I forgot how sensitive those vids are with regards quality. It's because after cropping they are very low resolution, so every pixel needs to be captured as perfectly as possible as they will likely be upscaled so much.

So for best results, don't just drag the wmv in and go. Add these steps:
- Go to the "Custom Processing" tab
- Set Source Match to 2 and check Boost. This will improve precision greatly, but it will be around 3 times slower to process (!). However, for these short vids that's not so much a problem.
- Optionally set the Preset at the top to "Slower" and the Noise Remove/Retain to +0.4. If you've got a decent machine that is.
- Then go to the Encoder Config and choose a higher quality 480p 60fps x264 setting than the default. I suggest "Quality+3"
- Now press Go

Actually the x264 settings could be better for this tiny source (it's really 360p) but that's the best choice in the current version of MeguIVit

hofct

Jul 10, 2009
Hi Vitreous,

Any recommended settings for a quality 60fps DVD rip ?
Are the default settings already good enough ? For previous version I use "60fps D: Slow + Light EdgeClean".

thanks,