meguIV: The Official Akiba-Online DVD Encoder (v1.0.1.1)

astrayred

Mar 19, 2008
Thanks for the new script Vitreous! Yup, I get the sense that you really put in a lot of work into this version. I apologize sincerely if I ever sounded like I was rushing you; It's definitely not my intention!

I think I will have to spend some time reading the documentation over and over again to understand all the parameters. BTW, thanks for the very clear and succinct help text. It's a far cry from the really bare TempGaussMC_beta2 ROFL.

BTW, I experienced a crash on my first try with the following settings, about 3% into a 1 hr 40 minute movie:

Code:
QTGMC(Preset="Slower",SourceMatch=3)

Some additional info: I encode directly to x264 as always, and I'm running 64-bit Avisynth. Not sure if it should matter.

I'm currently doing some further testing now, to see whether it's isolated to this source. Believe it or not I had a video that always crashed at an exact point on my AMD system, but ran perfectly fine on my Intel laptop.

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
With SourceMatch=3 you may need a SetMemoryMax, set MT threads or EdiThreads lower, or even do a pre-rendering step. There will be 3 NNEDI3 calls per frame. That needs memory.

Can make faster and use less memory with minimal loss by:
Code:
QTGMC( Preset=XXX, SourceMatch=3, MatchEdi2="Bob" )

That will use two NNEDI3 and a bob.

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
just a follow up on my own question (#543). after vitreous identified the problem, i found that an avast update, or more specifically how that update affected the 'Behavior Shield' function in Avast 5.1.889 was the cause of the problem. apparently just disabling avast isnt good enough (which i also confirmed), the shield must be removed. i dld the latest version of avast, uninstalled, rebooted, ran meguIV (success), reinstalled avast (minus the behavior shield) and no problems.

(Win 7 64 Ultimate running 64 bit Avast 5.1.889 w file system shield, web shield, P2P shield, network shield only installed)

thanks again for the help.

astrayred

Mar 19, 2008
Vitreous,

In D9 you posted the following settings for maximum denoise and maximum detail:

QTGMC(Preset="Slower", NoiseBypass=2, NoiseRemove=1.0, DetailRestore=0.5, NoiseRestore=0, Sigma=1.5)

Does it make sense to use the above with SourceMatch=3? I'm wondering whether the denoising will wipe out whatever small detail that SourceMatch recovers...

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
That maximum denoise + maximum detail was an impossible request. And the result completely subjective in any case (one man's detail is another's noise).

But to answer the question: source-match occurs entirely within the bypass, so is not directly affected by noise bypass. The full details of what happens is rather complex though. I need to make a flowchart for the thing...

I use NoiseBypass=2 (allows a lot of noise/fine detail through) with NoiseRestore low or zero (doesn't put the noise back in) and DetailRestore medium (lets fine detail back in). Couple that with SourceMatch=1,3 and Lossless=2 (enhanced vertical resolution, tiny combing - but rare for me) and TR2=1 for clean sources (a minor final clean), 2,3 for noisier ones (stronger clean-up)

anandneemish

Apr 25, 2008
Vitreous,
Thanks for continuing to improve upon a great thing. Been using 2.1 for a while now, and really no instability to report. Thanks!

I have a config related question that I hope you don't mind: I am finding that whenever I use MeuIVit, I always set the following. Is there a simple way to get MeguIVit to remember these settings:

1. un-select "Add pre-rendering job"
2. "Working Directory" pre-set to a specific dir (e.g. X:\temp)
3. select "Keep Input Resolution"

Second question relates to scaling the output. Is it advisable to increase the screen resolution of the output instead of relying on Media Player Classic to scale the size? I know this results in larger files, but if it also provides better quality playback, I may do this for some select titles.

Thanks.

no__One

May 27, 2007
Hello Mr. Vitreous,

I embarked on the adventure of QuickTGMC V3. At least I tried because I completely and totally failed ... :giveup:
Sad to say and to recognize, but I must be really haunted ...:curse:

I have verified that all the required plugins are present. (it does)
I think compared to QuickTGMC of meguIVit_0.2.1, there is no new to add.
Here are the steps I followed: Sandbox meguIVit_0.2.1 freshly created and the "old" script replaced by the QuickTGMC V3 by renaming.

Several times I have redone the tests and I still get the same error with the new QuickTGMC V3:

Code:
Error message for your reference: Script error: There Is No function named" VerticalCleaner"

VerticalCleaner.dll is present else "old QuickTGMC" doesn't work.

I even try the trick to copy it in Windows/System32, but no go... :puzzled:

The other question I wanted to ask you is about "The one-click encoding".

Is this still in your "To Do" list ?

I wanted to import MKV (to ReEncod or ReRip) but unfortunately at present it is not functional. I have tried MeGUI again ... but it really is not simple.

In advance, I appreciate the time you spend to answer me.
Regards.

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
@anandneemish

Points 1 & 3 are straightforward:
- Press One-Click, then next to the One-Click Profile, press Config
- Make the changes you want
- Press Update then OK
- The changes are set and now permanent for that profile

Unfortunately I don't know of any way of setting a default working directory. It's something I'd like as well, so maybe I'll add it to the global settings in the next MeguIVit.

Pre-scaling. Not worth it if you're just planning to do a Lanczos or similar. MPC-HC does a precise bicubic upscale that is on par with a Lanczos really. However, if you use a more intelligent upscaler, like NNEDI3, then that might be worth it. It would smooth edges better than bicubic, Lanczos etc. It won't add extra detail of course. This is the line to do it (you need to add it to the AviSynth profile then update the profile or make a new one):
Code:
# Set X and Y to the dimensions you want, better not to upscale more than 3x
nnedi3_rpow2( rfactor=2, cshift="lanczosResize", fwidth=X, fheight=Y )

[I did make a strange prototype QTGMC 3.0 that attempted "Super-Resolution" - upscaling whilst generating extra detail for the new lines. Kinda worked, better than NNEDI3 in some ways, but you might not want it: 0.01fps !!]

@IceManZ

VerticalCleaner is only used if you enable Lossless modes or SVThin. I guess you are trying the lossless modes now, but you didn't before.

I've attached a VerticalCleaner dll that I compiled myself. Extract the zip and copy the dll into your "Sandbox\meguIV\1.0.1.1\Virtual\MODIFIED\@SYSDRIVE@\meguIV\Avisynth 2.5\plugins"
You must delete the old VerticalCleaner files first.

I still would like to add rerip functionality to MeguIVit, but it's not near the top of my to-do list I'm afraid.

anandneemish

Apr 25, 2008
[I did make a strange prototype QTGMC 3.0 that attempted "Super-Resolution" - upscaling whilst generating extra detail for the new lines. Kinda worked, better than NNEDI3 in some ways, but you might not want it: 0.01fps !!]

THANKS. You da MAN!

0.01fps ... Haha. I'll stick with MPC scaling ...

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
just something to add to #543, 545, 551

meguIV is back up and running now as i mentioned but when when meguIV runs i usually see the first window that shows the 'one-click' window during d2v creation, that window closes and the 'encoding audio' window opens, followed by 'encoding video' etc up until the process is complete. now, when i use meguIV, after the first 'creating d2v' window closes, nothing else opens or closes for the duration of the rip. i can see everything working as the contents of the working directory change and if there is an error, that window opens and/or the red cross appears on the 'm' icon in the system tray but this just started happening after solving the crash issue. its no big deal but i just wondered if anyone had encountered this, and if so, did they find a workaround.

snakeboy

Former Staff
Sep 13, 2007
Can any of you guys make some sense of this?

(MeguiVit 0.2.1.0, Win7 X64)

[Information] Standard output stream
-[NoImage] MEncoder Sherpya-MT-SVN-r32198-4.2.5 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
-[NoImage] success: format: 0 data: 0x0 - 0x14b
-[NoImage] AVS file format detected.
-[NoImage] VIDEO: [YV12] 720x592 12bpp 25.000 fps 0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
-[NoImage] [V] filefmt:38 fourcc:0x32315659 size:720x592 fps:25.000 ftime:=0.0400
-[NoImage] Opening video filter: [expand osd=1]
-[NoImage] Expand: -1 x -1, -1 ; -1, osd: 1, aspect: 0.000000, round: 1
-[NoImage] ==========================================================================
-[NoImage] Opening video decoder: [raw] RAW Uncompressed Video
-[NoImage] Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
-[NoImage] videocodec: libavcodec (720x592 fourcc=48564646 [FFVH])
-[NoImage] Selected video codec: [rawyv12] vfm: raw (RAW YV12)
-[NoImage] ==========================================================================
-[NoImage] Writing header...
-[NoImage] ODML: Aspect information not (yet?) available or unspecified, not writing vprp header.
-[NoImage] ODML: Aspect information not (yet?) available or unspecified, not writing vprp header.
More from the error log:
[hide]
[Error] Log
-[Information] Versions
--[Information] MeGUI Version : 0.2.1.0
--[Information] OS : Windows Seven x64 (6.1.0.7600)
--[Information] Latest .Net Framework installed : 4.0 (4.0.30319)
-[Error] Log for job9 (video, VTS 01 1.avs -> hfyu_VTS 01 1.avi)
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:02:20 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:02:21 PM] Preprocessing
--[Information] Job commandline: "C:\meguIV\MeGUI\tools\mencoder\mencoder.exe" "D:\rw\VTS 01 1.avs" -o "D:\rw\hfyu_VTS 01 1.avi" -of avi -forceidx -ovc lavc -nosound -lavcopts vcodec=ffvhuff:vstrict=-2:pred=2:context=1
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:02:24 PM] Encoding started
--[Error] [03-Feb-11 8:02:30 PM] Process exits with error code: 3
--[Information] Standard output stream
---[NoImage] MEncoder Sherpya-MT-SVN-r32198-4.2.5 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
---[NoImage] success: format: 0 data: 0x0 - 0x14b
---[NoImage] AVS file format detected.
---[NoImage] VIDEO: [YV12] 720x592 12bpp 25.000 fps 0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
---[NoImage] [V] filefmt:38 fourcc:0x32315659 size:720x592 fps:25.000 ftime:=0.0400
---[NoImage] Opening video filter: [expand osd=1]
---[NoImage] Expand: -1 x -1, -1 ; -1, osd: 1, aspect: 0.000000, round: 1
---[NoImage] ==========================================================================
---[NoImage] Opening video decoder: [raw] RAW Uncompressed Video
---[NoImage] Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
---[NoImage] videocodec: libavcodec (720x592 fourcc=48564646 [FFVH])
---[NoImage] Selected video codec: [rawyv12] vfm: raw (RAW YV12)
---[NoImage] ==========================================================================
---[NoImage] Writing header...
---[NoImage] ODML: Aspect information not (yet?) available or unspecified, not writing vprp header.
---[NoImage] ODML: Aspect information not (yet?) available or unspecified, not writing vprp header.
--[Information] Standard error stream
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:02:30 PM] Job completed
-[Information] Log for job1 (idx, VTS_01_1.VOB -> VTS 01 1.d2v)
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:41:05 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:41:06 PM] Preprocessing
--[Information] Job commandline: "C:\meguIV\MeGUI\tools\dgindex\dgindex.exe" -SD=< -AIF=<D:\rw\VTS_01_1.VOB< -OF=<D:\rw\VTS 01 1< -FO=0 -exit -hide -OM=2
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:41:07 PM] Indexing started
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:42:00 PM] Running auto force film
---[Information] Film percentage: -1
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:42:01 PM] Postprocessing
---[Information] OneClick postprocessor
----[Information] Desired size: null
----[Information] Split size: null
----[Information] Autocrop values
-----[Information] left: 12
-----[Information] top: 0
-----[Information] right: 2
-----[Information] bottom: 0
----[Information] Auto-detect aspect ratio now: True
----[Information] Aspect ratio: 1.333
----[Information] Output resolution: 720x592
----[Information] Automatic deinterlacing: False
----[Information] Generated Avisynth script
-----[NoImage] global MeGUI_darx = 17
-----[NoImage] global MeGUI_dary = 13
-----[NoImage] SetMTMode(3)
-----[NoImage] LoadPlugin("C:\meguIV\MeGUI\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
-----[NoImage] DGDecode_mpeg2source("D:\rw\VTS 01 1.d2v")
-----[NoImage] SetMTMode(2)
-----[NoImage] QuickTGMC( Preset="Slow" )
-----[NoImage] SelectEven()
-----[NoImage] crop( 12, 0, -2, 0)
-----[NoImage] Spline36Resize(720,592) # Spline36 (Neutral)
-----[NoImage] Distributor()
----[Information] Eliminating duplicate filenames
-----[Information] Video output file: D:\rw\VTS 01 1_Video.264
-----[Information] Muxed output file: D:\rw\VTS 01 1.mkv
-----[Information] Encodable audio stream 0: D:\rw\VTS 01 1 Tc0 L2 2ch 48 384 DELAY -168ms_audio.m4a
---[Information] Deleting intermediate files
----[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:42:14 PM] Successfully deleted D:\rw\VTS_01_1.log
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:42:14 PM] Job completed
-[Information] Log for job2 (audio, VTS 01 1 Tc0 L2 2ch 48 384 DELAY -168ms.mp2 -> VTS 01 1 Tc0 L2 2ch 48 384 DELAY -168ms_audio.m4a)
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:42:14 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:42:16 PM] Preprocessing
--[Information] Avisynth script
---[NoImage] LoadPlugin("C:\meguIV\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_plugin\NicAudio.dll")
---[NoImage] NicMPG123Source("D:\rw\VTS 01 1 Tc0 L2 2ch 48 384 DELAY -168ms.mp2")
---[NoImage] DelayAudio(-168.0/1000.0)
---[NoImage] 6<=Audiochannels(last)?x_stereodf38c00602e443f79857575cbb4356b9(ConvertAudioToFloat(last)):last
---[NoImage] Normalize()
---[NoImage] return last
---[NoImage] function x_stereodf38c00602e443f79857575cbb4356b9(clip a)
---[NoImage] {
---[NoImage] fl = GetChannel(a, 1)
---[NoImage] fr = GetChannel(a, 2)
---[NoImage] c = GetChannel(a, 3)
---[NoImage] lfe = GetChannel(a, 4)
---[NoImage] sl = GetChannel(a, 5)
---[NoImage] sr = GetChannel(a, 6)
---[NoImage] l_sl = MixAudio(fl, sl, 0.2929, 0.2929)
---[NoImage] c_lfe = MixAudio(lfe, c, 0.2071, 0.2071)
---[NoImage] r_sr = MixAudio(fr, sr, 0.2929, 0.2929)
---[NoImage] l = MixAudio(l_sl, c_lfe, 1.0, 1.0)
---[NoImage] r = MixAudio(r_sr, c_lfe, 1.0, 1.0)
---[NoImage] return MergeChannels(l, r)
---[NoImage] }
--[Information] Commandline used: -ignorelength -lc -q 0.42 -if - -of "{0}"
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:42:16 PM] Encoding started
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:42:16 PM] Encode thread started
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:42:16 PM] Avisynth script environment opened
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:42:20 PM] Script loaded
--[Information] Output Decoder
---[Information] Channels: 2
---[Information] Bits per sample: 32
---[Information] Sample rate: 48000
--[Information] Commandline: C:\meguIV\NeroAAC\neroAacEnc.exe -ignorelength -lc -q 0.42 -if - -of "D:\rw\VTS 01 1 Tc0 L2 2ch 48 384 DELAY -168ms_audio.m4a"
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:42:21 PM] Encoder process started
[/hide]

I have tried 4 VIT profiles, same result each time. This happens when it's about to start creating the huffyuv file. Why? I just don't have an idea of where to start looking. Hence this post. Any idea's?

-snake

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
I don't see any errors. Looking again, that bit you've highlighted is odd: it seems to be trying to rip the video before it has indexed the VOBs - that's gonna cause an error - indexing should be first. Are you running multiple Meguis or experimenting with workers or something similar?

snakeboy

Former Staff
Sep 13, 2007

This appears to be where it goes astray... Never heard of "ODML Aspect Information" before, so not sure exactly what the problem is about, or if this is even relevant, but since it's the last thing the error logs spits out before I get this:

attachment.php

I can only assume...

For the record, although the path points to C:\blah, this is actually NOT being run off C:, but off D:. The discrepancy (I believe) could be because it's running in the sandbox, it "thinks" it's running out of the default path. - Just a guess.

-snake

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
ODML: Aspect information
These messages are normal, it's not the problem. And yes, the sandbox runs a virtual system which exists on C:\ so those folder names are normal too.

The log you posted looks like an amalgam of two runs:
-[Error] Log for job9 (video, VTS 01 1.avs -> hfyu_VTS 01 1.avi)
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:02:20 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:02:21 PM] Preprocessing
--[Information] Job commandline: "C:\meguIV\MeGUI\tools\mencoder\mencoder.exe" "D:\rw\VTS 01 1.avs" -o "D:\rw\hfyu_VTS 01 1.avi" -of avi -forceidx -ovc lavc -nosound -lavcopts vcodec=ffvhuff:vstrict=-2:pred=2:context=1
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:02:24 PM] Encoding started
--[Error] [03-Feb-11 8:02:30 PM] Process exits with error code: 3
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:02:30 PM] Job completed
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:41:05 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [03-Feb-11 8:41:06 PM] Preprocessing
--[Information] Job commandline: "C:\meguIV\MeGUI\tools\dgindex\dgindex.exe" -SD=< -AIF=<D:\rw\VTS_01_1.VOB< -OF=<D:\rw\VTS 01 1< -FO=0 -exit -hide -OM=2

Why is Job9 running before Job1? Job numbers are sequential from first running MeguIVit. Job9 is the video encoding and Job1 the indexing. Indexing should come first. You appear to have cut part of the log from a previous run and only part of the log from the current run.
____

Then again the error box above is typical of the multi-threading crashes that seem to prevent a couple of users getting anywhere with MeguIVit. There are deep problems in AviSynth multi-threading. The threading code is simply incorrect. But fixing it represents a rewrite of significant part of AviSynth and all its plugins. Threading bugs cause random crashes for random people - some never see them, for others arbitrary tweaks can make them go away. It could be you're just unlucky in this regard.

Try it on a different system?
____

Or try this zip file of recompiled plugins:
http://hotfile.com/dl/97202348/f25a2b3/AviSynth_Plugins.zip.html

They contain a tentative hack to get round the threading problems of AviSynth. They also have no dependencies on redistributables or similar. There are two versions, compiled with Visual Studio 2010 and Intel C++ 2011. The Visual Studio ones should be more reliable, but slower (Intel optimizations are rather aggressive).

Copy the dlls out of just one of the folders and copy them into this location, overwriting the dlls already there:
Sandbox\meguIV\1.0.1.1\Virtual\MODIFIED\@SYSDRIVE@\meguIV\Avisynth 2.5\plugins

Also delete the mt_masktools-26.dll from that folder.
If it says something about a problem with MVTools, then reextract MeguIVit, copy over these dlls again, but don't copy over the mvtools2.dll

snakeboy

Former Staff
Sep 13, 2007
Ok, the story thus far: I decided to start fresh in order to get a clean error log untainted by previous attempts. (Even re-ripped the vob's from the original DVD as a shot in the dark - you never know...) Result the same, but here is the log it yielded:

[hide]
[Error] Log
-[Information] Versions
--[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:07:57 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:07:57 PM] Preprocessing
--[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:07:57 PM] Indexing started
--[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:08:52 PM] Running auto force film
--[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:08:52 PM] Postprocessing
-----[Information] Encodable audio stream 0: D:\rw\VTS 01 1 Tc0 L2 2ch 48 384 DELAY -168ms_audio.m4a
----[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:08:59 PM] Successfully deleted D:\rw\VTS_01_1.log
--[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:08:59 PM] Job completed
-[Information] Log for job2 (audio, VTS 01 1 Tc0 L2 2ch 48 384 DELAY -168ms.mp2 -> VTS 01 1 Tc0 L2 2ch 48 384 DELAY -168ms_audio.m4a)
--[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:08:59 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:08:59 PM] Preprocessing
---[NoImage] NicMPG123Source("D:\rw\VTS 01 1 Tc0 L2 2ch 48 384 DELAY -168ms.mp2")
---[NoImage] 6<=Audiochannels(last)?x_stereo391e7feff6b44c918b8127f712f92201(ConvertAudioToFloat(last)):last
---[NoImage] Normalize()
---[NoImage] return last
---[NoImage] function x_stereo391e7feff6b44c918b8127f712f92201(clip a)
---[NoImage] {
---[NoImage] }
--[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:08:59 PM] Encoding started
--[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:08:59 PM] Encode thread started
--[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:08:59 PM] Avisynth script environment opened
--[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:09:04 PM] Script loaded
--[Information] Commandline: C:\meguIV\NeroAAC\neroAacEnc.exe -ignorelength -lc -q 0.42 -if - -of "D:\rw\VTS 01 1 Tc0 L2 2ch 48 384 DELAY -168ms_audio.m4a"
--[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:09:04 PM] Encoder process started
--[Information] Output from encoder via stderr
---[NoImage] *************************************************************
---[NoImage] * *
---[NoImage] * Nero AAC Encoder *
---[NoImage] * Copyright 2009 Nero AG *
---[NoImage] * All Rights Reserved Worldwide *
---[NoImage] * *
---[NoImage] * Package build date: Feb 18 2010 *
---[NoImage] * Package version: 1.5.4.0 *
---[NoImage] * *
---[NoImage] * See -help for a complete list of available parameters. *
---[NoImage] * *
--[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:10:50 PM] Postprocessing
----[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:10:50 PM] Successfully deleted D:\rw\VTS 01 1 Tc0 L2 2ch 48 384 DELAY -168ms.mp2.d2a
--[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:10:50 PM] Job completed
-[Error] Log for job3 (video, VTS 01 1.avs -> hfyu_VTS 01 1.avi)
--[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:10:50 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:10:50 PM] Preprocessing
--[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:10:53 PM] Encoding started
--[Error] [04-Feb-11 9:11:49 PM] Process exits with error code: 3
---[NoImage] success: format: 0 data: 0x0 - 0x130
---[NoImage] [V] filefmt:38 fourcc:0x32315659 size:720x592 fps:25.000 ftime:=0.0400
--[Information] [04-Feb-11 9:11:49 PM] Job completed

[/hide]

The "--[Error] [04-Feb-11 9:11:49 PM] Process exits with error code: 3" part near the bottom seems to be the relevant line here. So, moving along:

____

Try it on a different system?
I did just that. Moved the entire operation to another computer running XP Pro, Intel E7300 CPU (Wolfdale, Core 2 Duo). Changed NOTHING in MeguIVit and let it run overnight. It worked just fine. No errors, job completed successfully (at a snails pace).

____

Or try this zip file of recompiled plugins:
As recommended I first tried the Visual Studio 2010 one's first (VS2010 folder from archive). Deleted the mt_masktools-26.dll. Got this error:

attachment.php

Here is the VTS 01 1.AVS Script:
[hide]
global MeGUI_darx = 17
global MeGUI_dary = 13
SetMTMode(3)
LoadPlugin("C:\meguIV\MeGUI\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
DGDecode_mpeg2source("D:\rw\VTS 01 1.d2v")
SetMTMode(2)
QuickTGMC( Preset="Slow" )
SelectEven()
crop( 12, 0, -2, 0)

Spline36Resize(720,592) # Spline36 (Neutral)
Distributor()
[/hide]
Here is the log file generated:
[hide]
[Warning] Log
-[Information] Versions
-[Warning] Log for job1 (idx, VTS_01_1.VOB -> VTS 01 1.d2v)
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:13:48 AM] Started handling job
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:13:48 AM] Preprocessing
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:13:48 AM] Indexing started
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:14:44 AM] Running auto force film
--[Warning] [05-Feb-11 10:14:44 AM] Postprocessing
---[Warning] OneClick postprocessor
----[Warning] Job creation aborted
----[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:20:35 AM] Successfully deleted D:\rw\VTS_01_1.log
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:20:35 AM] Job completed
[/hide]

____

Next, I tried the Intel C++ 2011 variants of the plugins (from the ICC2011 folder in the archive), deleting the mt_masktools-26.dll as before. Got EXACTLY the same result as as with the Visual Studio 2010 result above (so I won't bother with screenshot or log files, they're identical).

____

I then rolled back to the Visual Studio 2010 DLL's, exempting the mvtools2.dll file from the copy over. (did not delete the mt_masktools-26.dll file) and re-tried. Was met (again) with:

attachment.php

Tried again, but this time deleted mt_masktools-26.dll first. Same result.

Log file yielded this:
[hide]
[Error] Log
-[Information] Versions
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:48:18 AM] Started handling job
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:48:20 AM] Preprocessing
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:48:20 AM] Indexing started
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:49:16 AM] Running auto force film
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:49:16 AM] Postprocessing
----[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:49:25 AM] Successfully deleted D:\rw\VTS_01_1.log
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:49:25 AM] Job completed
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:49:25 AM] Started handling job
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:49:25 AM] Preprocessing
---[NoImage] 6<=Audiochannels(last)?x_stereo7d88795d5d5d47e9841a20a02a1e259f(ConvertAudioToFloat(last)):last
---[NoImage] Normalize()
---[NoImage] return last
---[NoImage] function x_stereo7d88795d5d5d47e9841a20a02a1e259f(clip a)
---[NoImage] {
---[NoImage] }
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:49:25 AM] Encoding started
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:49:25 AM] Encode thread started
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:49:25 AM] Avisynth script environment opened
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:49:30 AM] Script loaded
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:49:30 AM] Encoder process started
---[NoImage] * *
---[NoImage] * *
---[NoImage] * *
---[NoImage] * *
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:51:16 AM] Postprocessing
----[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:51:16 AM] Successfully deleted D:\rw\VTS 01 1 Tc0 L2 2ch 48 384 DELAY -168ms.mp2.d2a
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:51:16 AM] Job completed
-[Error] Log for job3 (video, VTS 01 1.avs -> hfyu_VTS 01 1.avi)
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:51:16 AM] Started handling job
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:51:16 AM] Preprocessing
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:51:18 AM] Encoding started
--[Error] [05-Feb-11 10:55:58 AM] Process exits with error code: 3
---[NoImage] success: format: 0 data: 0x0 - 0x130
--[Information] [05-Feb-11 10:55:58 AM] Job completed

[/hide]

At which point, I'm all out of suggestions... :(

-snake

PS - small addendum which may or may not be relevant: I just tried the same encode with "stock standard" meguIV 1.0.1.1 and that's working! <?> Of course this means no access to the [VIT] profiles and other optimizations, so not really the solution I'm looking for. But perhaps the differences between the working MeguIV and the non-working MeguIVit could help pinpoint the problem and a fix can be found.

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
Thanks for the detailed information. Given your results, I'm afraid your problem is likely due to bugs in AviSynth. I have been looking much more closely at the avisynth source code and it really is a tangled mess when it comes to the multi-threading and caching. As scripts become more complex, avisynth's deficiencies become more pronounced. The correct solution to this and many other people's crashes is a long, tortuous rewrite of avisynth. I'm not going to do that. An intermediate solution might be some kind of hack or workaround for the worst issues, but clearly my first effort at that didn't work. The third partial solution might be a 64-bit workflow, as some of the issues are being caused by the 2Gb memory cap on 32-bit software [rant: it beggars belief that the caching code of avisynth can so quickly eat up 2Gb on a 720x480 source]. I am likely to make a 64-bit MeguIVit, but I don't know when.

Like all threading bugs the problems occur unpredictably, depending on the script in use, the plugin versions being used, the avisynth version, your system OS, software and hardware setup. That's why some people have no problems and others, like yourself, can barely get it running. As an end user, the workaround is to change some of those factors. Changing to old meguiv changes the scripts/plugins (and reduces the processing complexity, which certainly helps), changing system also works for you.

I guess the one factor you haven't changed is the avisynth version. Attached is a collection of AviSynth MT versions. Go to this folder:
Code:
Sandbox\meguIV\1.0.1.1\Virtual\MODIFIED\@SYSTEM@
Replace the avisynth.dll in there with each of the dlls in this zip in turn [rename each one "avisynth.dll" after you copy it over]. Keep a copy of your original. Do a test rip with each dll. I have seen others report that they get stability with other versions, maybe you will.

You could also try going into the Options>>Settings menu of MeguIVit and check the "Use FFMpeg for pre-render encoding". Change it back if it doesn't work, because it's slower.

If that fails, going manual can help workaround some memory problems. Add "SetMemoryMax(xxx)" at the top of the avisynth script and try processing it directly. For xxx try [in order]: 900, 400, 700, 600, 800, 1000, 1200.

snakeboy

Former Staff
Sep 13, 2007
Replace the avisynth.dll in there with each of the dlls in this zip in turn [rename each one "avisynth.dll" after you copy it over]. Keep a copy of your original. Do a test rip with each dll. I have seen others report that they get stability with other versions, maybe you will.
Ok, the nominees from your zip file:

avisynth2.6mt.dll
avisynth2.57mt.dll
avisynth2.58mt.dll
avisynth2.58MT-Vit.dll

_____

avisynth2.6mt.dll - This one just gave me the exact same result as previous.
Log:
[hide]
[Error] Log
-[Information] Versions
-[Information] Log for job1 (idx, VTS_01_5.VOB -> VTS 01 5.d2v)
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:04:07 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:04:07 PM] Preprocessing
--[Information] Job commandline: "C:\meguIV\MeGUI\tools\dgindex\dgindex.exe" -SD=< -AIF=<D:\br\VTS_01_5.VOB< -OF=<D:\br\VTS 01 5< -FO=0 -exit -hide -OM=2
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:04:07 PM] Indexing started
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:04:10 PM] Running auto force film
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:04:10 PM] Postprocessing
-----[Information] left: 26
-----[Information] top: 74
-----[Information] right: 68
-----[Information] bottom: 74
----[Information] Aspect ratio: 1.778
----[Information] Output resolution: 720x496
-----[NoImage] global MeGUI_darx = 52
-----[NoImage] global MeGUI_dary = 25
-----[NoImage] DGDecode_mpeg2source("D:\br\VTS 01 5.d2v")
-----[NoImage] crop( 26, 74, -68, -74)
-----[NoImage] Spline36Resize(720,496) # Spline36 (Neutral)
-----[Information] Video output file: D:\br\VTS 01 5_Video.264
-----[Information] Muxed output file: D:\br\VTS 01 5.mkv
-----[Information] Encodable audio stream 0: D:\br\VTS 01 5 T80 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -200ms_audio.m4a
----[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:04:16 PM] Successfully deleted D:\br\VTS_01_5.log
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:04:16 PM] Job completed
-[Information] Log for job2 (audio, VTS 01 5 T80 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -200ms.ac3 -> VTS 01 5 T80 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -200ms_audio.m4a)
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:04:16 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:04:16 PM] Preprocessing
---[NoImage] NicAc3Source("D:\br\VTS 01 5 T80 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -200ms.ac3")
---[NoImage] DelayAudio(-200.0/1000.0)
---[NoImage] 6<=Audiochannels(last)?x_stereoe5b36baea8ae445997fd6d11623ef35d(ConvertAudioToFloat(last)):last
---[NoImage] Normalize()
---[NoImage] return last
---[NoImage] function x_stereoe5b36baea8ae445997fd6d11623ef35d(clip a)
---[NoImage] {
---[NoImage] }
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:04:16 PM] Encoding started
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:04:16 PM] Encode thread started
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:04:16 PM] Avisynth script environment opened
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:04:16 PM] Script loaded
--[Information] Commandline: C:\meguIV\NeroAAC\neroAacEnc.exe -ignorelength -lc -q 0.42 -if - -of "D:\br\VTS 01 5 T80 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -200ms_audio.m4a"
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:04:16 PM] Encoder process started
---[NoImage] * *
---[NoImage] * *
---[NoImage] * *
---[NoImage] * *
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:04:54 PM] Postprocessing
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:04:54 PM] Job completed
-[Error] Log for job3 (video, VTS 01 5.avs -> hfyu_VTS 01 5.avi)
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:04:54 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:04:54 PM] Preprocessing
--[Information] Job commandline: "C:\meguIV\MeGUI\tools\mencoder\mencoder.exe" "D:\br\VTS 01 5.avs" -o "D:\br\hfyu_VTS 01 5.avi" -of avi -forceidx -ovc lavc -nosound -lavcopts vcodec=ffvhuff:vstrict=-2:pred=2:context=1
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:04:56 PM] Encoding started
--[Error] [06-Feb-11 3:05:02 PM] Process exits with error code: 3
---[NoImage] success: format: 0 data: 0x0 - 0x134
---[NoImage] VIDEO: [YV12] 720x496 12bpp 25.000 fps 0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
---[NoImage] [V] filefmt:38 fourcc:0x32315659 size:720x496 fps:25.000 ftime:=0.0400
---[NoImage] videocodec: libavcodec (720x496 fourcc=48564646 [FFVH])
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 3:05:02 PM] Job completed
[/hide]

avisynth2.57mt.dll
- Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! This was the one that did it. Encode ran smoothly and completed with no noticeable decrease in anticipated performance.
Log:
[hide]
[Information] Log
-[Information] Versions
--[Information] Avisynth Version : 2.5.7.0
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:03:16 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:03:17 PM] Preprocessing
--[Information] Job commandline: "C:\meguIV\MeGUI\tools\dgindex\dgindex.exe" -SD=< -AIF=<D:\br\VTS_01_5.VOB< -OF=<D:\br\VTS 01 5< -FO=0 -exit -hide -OM=2
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:03:17 PM] Indexing started
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:03:20 PM] Running auto force film
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:03:20 PM] Postprocessing
-----[Information] Encodable audio stream 0: D:\br\VTS 01 5 T80 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -200ms_audio.m4a
----[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:03:28 PM] Successfully deleted D:\br\VTS_01_5.log
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:03:28 PM] Job completed
-[Information] Log for job2 (audio, VTS 01 5 T80 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -200ms.ac3 -> VTS 01 5 T80 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -200ms_audio.m4a)
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:03:28 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:03:30 PM] Preprocessing
---[NoImage] 6<=Audiochannels(last)?x_stereoaa5e777fc7ea4bbba8b83e77e0c3d9a8(ConvertAudioToFloat(last)):last
---[NoImage] Normalize()
---[NoImage] return last
---[NoImage] function x_stereoaa5e777fc7ea4bbba8b83e77e0c3d9a8(clip a)
---[NoImage] {
---[NoImage] }
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:03:30 PM] Encoding started
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:03:30 PM] Encode thread started
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:03:30 PM] Avisynth script environment opened
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:03:30 PM] Script loaded
--[Information] Commandline: C:\meguIV\NeroAAC\neroAacEnc.exe -ignorelength -lc -q 0.42 -if - -of "D:\br\VTS 01 5 T80 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -200ms_audio.m4a"
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:03:30 PM] Encoder process started
---[NoImage] * *
---[NoImage] * *
---[NoImage] * *
---[NoImage] * *
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:03:51 PM] Postprocessing
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:03:51 PM] Job completed
-[Information] Log for job3 (video, VTS 01 5.avs -> hfyu_VTS 01 5.avi)
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:03:51 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:03:52 PM] Preprocessing
--[Information] Job commandline: "C:\meguIV\MeGUI\tools\mencoder\mencoder.exe" "D:\br\VTS 01 5.avs" -o "D:\br\hfyu_VTS 01 5.avi" -of avi -forceidx -ovc lavc -nosound -lavcopts vcodec=ffvhuff:vstrict=-2:pred=2:context=1
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:03:54 PM] Encoding started
---[NoImage] [V] filefmt:38 fourcc:0x32315659 size:720x496 fps:25.000 ftime:=0.0400
---[NoImage] ODML: Starting new RIFF chunk at 1023MB.
---[NoImage] Flushing video frames.
---[NoImage] Writing index...
---[NoImage] Video stream: 24871.305 kbit/s (3108913 B/s) size: 1455966180 bytes 468.320 secs 11708 frames
--[Information] Final statistics
---[Information] Constant Quantizer Mode: Quantizer 0 computed...
---[Information] Video Bitrate Obtained (approximate): 24876 kbit/s
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:13:50 PM] Postprocessing
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:13:50 PM] Job completed
-[Information] Log for job4 (video, hfyu_VTS 01 5.avs -> VTS 01 5_Video.264)
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:13:50 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:13:50 PM] Preprocessing
--[Information] Job commandline: "C:\meguIV\MeGUI\tools\x264\x264.exe" --preset slow --crf 19.5 --psy-rd 1.0:0.10 --sar 1612:1125 --output "D:\br\VTS 01 5_Video.264" "D:\br\hfyu_VTS 01 5.avs"
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:13:51 PM] Encoding started
---[NoImage] avs [info]: 720x496p 1612:1125 @ 25/1 fps (cfr)
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: using SAR=1612/1125
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 FastShuffle SSE4.2
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: profile High, level 3.0
---[NoImage]
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: frame I:66 Avg QP:14.40 size: 29420
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: frame P:3472 Avg QP:19.37 size: 6669
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: frame B:8170 Avg QP:24.42 size: 1598
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 3.3% 2.0% 21.6% 73.0%
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 53.5% 28.9% 17.6%
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 1.4% 1.8% 0.4% P16..4: 25.0% 9.8% 7.0% 0.0% 0.0% skip:54.5%
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 0.1% 0.1% 0.0% B16..8: 26.2% 4.3% 0.9% direct: 1.8% skip:66.6% L0:47.1% L1:42.9% BI:10.0%
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:43.0% inter:67.4%
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: direct mvs spatial:99.9% temporal:0.1%
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 50.9% 55.1% 38.3% inter: 10.8% 9.3% 0.9%
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: i16 v,h,dc,p: 64% 17% 9% 10%
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: i8 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 12% 9% 16% 8% 12% 13% 10% 10% 10%
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 13% 10% 18% 7% 11% 12% 9% 9% 11%
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: i8c dc,h,v,p: 57% 21% 14% 8%
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: Weighted P-Frames: Y:2.8%
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: ref P L0: 50.7% 9.3% 20.0% 10.4% 8.0% 1.5% 0.0%
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: ref B L0: 49.6% 34.1% 10.0% 6.2%
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: ref B L1: 83.9% 16.1%
---[NoImage] x264 [info]: kb/s:651.72
---[NoImage] encoded 11708 frames, 83.68 fps, 651.72 kb/s
--[Information] Final statistics
---[Information] Constant Quality Mode: Quality 19 computed...
---[Information] Video Bitrate Obtained (approximate): 651 kbit/s
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:11 PM] Postprocessing
----[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:11 PM] Successfully deleted D:\br\hfyu_VTS 01 5.avi
----[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:11 PM] Successfully deleted D:\br\hfyu_VTS 01 5.avs
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:11 PM] Job completed
-[Information] Log for job5 (mux, VTS 01 5_Video.264 -> VTS 01 5.mkv)
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:11 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:11 PM] Preprocessing
--[Information] Job commandline: "C:\meguIV\MeGUI\tools\mkvmerge\mkvmerge.exe" -o "D:\br\VTS 01 5.mkv" --engage keep_bitstream_ar_info --default-duration 0:25fps "--compression" "0:none" -d 0 -A -S "D:\br\VTS 01 5_Video.264" "--compression" "1:none" -a 1 -D -S "D:\br\VTS 01 5 T80 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -200ms_audio.m4a"
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:11 PM] Muxing started
---[NoImage] mkvmerge v4.3.0 ('Escape from the Island') built on Sep 5 2010 10:30:51
---[NoImage] 'D:\br\VTS 01 5_Video.264': Using the AVC/h.264 ES demultiplexer.
---[NoImage] 'D:\br\VTS 01 5 T80 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -200ms_audio.m4a': Using the Quicktime/MP4 demultiplexer.
---[NoImage] 'D:\br\VTS 01 5_Video.264' track 0: Using the MPEG-4 part 10 ES video output module.
---[NoImage] 'D:\br\VTS 01 5 T80 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -200ms_audio.m4a' track 1: Using the AAC output module.
---[NoImage] The file 'D:\br\VTS 01 5.mkv' has been opened for writing.
---[NoImage] 'D:\br\VTS 01 5_Video.264' track 0: Extracted the aspect ratio information from the MPEG-4 layer 10 (AVC) video data and set the display dimensions to 1032/496.
---[NoImage] The cue entries (the index) are being written...
---[NoImage] Muxing took 1 second.
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:12 PM] Postprocessing
----[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:12 PM] Successfully deleted D:\br\VTS 01 5_Video.264
----[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:12 PM] Successfully deleted D:\br\VTS 01 5 T80 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -200ms_audio.m4a
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:12 PM] Job completed
-[Information] Log for job6 (cleanup, -> )
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:12 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:12 PM] Preprocessing
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:12 PM] Encoding started
--[Information] Delete Intermediate Files option set: True
--[Information] Deleting intermediate files
---[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:14 PM] Successfully deleted D:\br\VTS 01 5.avs
---[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:14 PM] Successfully deleted D:\br\VTS 01 5.d2v
---[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:14 PM] Successfully deleted D:\br\VTS 01 5 T80 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY -200ms.ac3
---[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:14 PM] Successfully deleted D:\br\VTS_01_5.log
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:14 PM] Postprocessing
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:16:14 PM] Job completed
[/hide]

avisynth2.58mt.dll - This one did well and looked like it was going to be another contender, but alas, it crashed at 90% complete with the win7 "This program has stopped responding, Close or go online for solution and close." error.
Log:
[hide]
[Error] Log
-[Information] Versions
--[Information] Avisynth Version : 2.5.8.5
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:43:42 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:43:43 PM] Preprocessing
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:43:43 PM] Indexing started
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:43:46 PM] Running auto force film
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:43:46 PM] Postprocessing
----[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:43:54 PM] Successfully deleted D:\br\VTS_01_5.log
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:43:54 PM] Job completed
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:43:54 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:43:55 PM] Preprocessing
---[NoImage] 6<=Audiochannels(last)?x_stereoe6cfb1f9c7d94734be5fdee49bd9b439(ConvertAudioToFloat(last)):last
---[NoImage] Normalize()
---[NoImage] return last
---[NoImage] function x_stereoe6cfb1f9c7d94734be5fdee49bd9b439(clip a)
---[NoImage] {
---[NoImage] }
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:43:55 PM] Encoding started
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:43:55 PM] Encode thread started
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:43:55 PM] Avisynth script environment opened
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:43:55 PM] Script loaded
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:43:55 PM] Encoder process started
---[NoImage] * *
---[NoImage] * *
---[NoImage] * *
---[NoImage] * *
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:44:33 PM] Postprocessing
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:44:33 PM] Job completed
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:44:33 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:44:40 PM] Preprocessing
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:44:42 PM] Encoding started
--[Error] [06-Feb-11 2:01:27 PM] Process exits with error code: -1073741819
---[NoImage] ODML: Starting new RIFF chunk at 1023MB.
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 2:01:27 PM] Job completed
[/hide]

avisynth2.58MT-Vit.dll
- This one started out just fine but crashed after about 10% with the famous win7 "This program has stopped responding, Close or go online for solution and close." error.
Log:
[hide]
[Error] Log
-[Information] Versions
--[Information] Avisynth Version : 2.5.8.5
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:30:12 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:30:13 PM] Preprocessing
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:30:13 PM] Indexing started
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:30:16 PM] Running auto force film
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:30:16 PM] Postprocessing
----[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:30:25 PM] Successfully deleted D:\br\VTS_01_5.log
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:30:25 PM] Job completed
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:30:25 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:30:28 PM] Preprocessing
---[NoImage] 6<=Audiochannels(last)?x_stereo2813f047a15745aa825a3763464a4381(ConvertAudioToFloat(last)):last
---[NoImage] Normalize()
---[NoImage] return last
---[NoImage] function x_stereo2813f047a15745aa825a3763464a4381(clip a)
---[NoImage] {
---[NoImage] }
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:30:28 PM] Encoding started
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:30:28 PM] Encode thread started
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:30:28 PM] Avisynth script environment opened
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:30:28 PM] Script loaded
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:30:28 PM] Encoder process started
---[NoImage] * *
---[NoImage] * *
---[NoImage] * *
---[NoImage] * *
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:31:06 PM] Postprocessing
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:31:06 PM] Job completed
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:31:06 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:31:10 PM] Preprocessing
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:31:12 PM] Encoding started
--[Error] [06-Feb-11 1:40:12 PM] Process exits with error code: -1073741819
--[Information] [06-Feb-11 1:40:12 PM] Job completed
[/hide]

I actually tested these in the reverse order they're listed here, not that it's relevant. After successfully processing this test VOB (the last .vob from the Blade Runner DVD) I decided to give it a try on some other footage and have just completed a full test encode of a full DVD without problems. Need to play back the rip to confirm of course, but initial scrubbing appears good. I also need to try other [vit] profiles, this was all tested under the "[Vit] 30fps D: Slow".

Perhaps someone familiar with avisynth's code (Vitreous?) could hazard a guess based on the failure of 3 out of the 4 versions and using logical decuction and the process of elimination as to what makes avisynth2.57mt.dll "special", allowing it to work where others fail?
Perhaps more interestingly, explain what difference can be expected using this version over others. Am I missing out on any speed/quality improvements by using this earlier version? Or will my net encoded result be identical to one processed by any of the four candidates above?

Finally, thanks for the assistance (and the files!) I now tentatively conclude this issue "solved" aka "worked around satisfactorily".
I will continue testing and report back if there are any additional problems encountered that have not yet been revealed under limited testing.

Thanks again,

-snake

no__One

May 27, 2007
Hello Mr Vitreous,

For my problem reported here http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1156162&postcount=556 about VerticalCleaner.

I want to thank you for your newly compiled DLL VerticalCleaner. I have no error and the resulting Rip seems entirely error-free as well.

I like to have your lights on presets that I would want to implement:

QuickTGMC (preset = "Placebo", NoiseBypass = 1, NoiseRestore = 0.5, Lossless = 1, Sharpness = 1.2)

Are these settings sufficiently general to be appropriate / applied to most JI Videos like using Light EdgeClean without fear of artefacts or other type of problem ?

Thank you again for the time you spend reading my message and clarifications you can provide me.

Regards.

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
Perhaps someone familiar with avisynth's code (Vitreous?) could hazard a guess based on the failure of 3 out of the 4 versions and using logical decuction and the process of elimination as to what makes avisynth2.57mt.dll "special", allowing it to work where others fail?
This exact question (with the same versions of MT avisynth) has been asked over at d9. No-one knows. Like so many open-source projects, avisynth has become a jumbled mass of different people's contributions, hacks and fixes - I'm not sure any one person knows how it all works any more. And bear in mind your experience is the exact opposite of mine - I cannot get 2.57MT to run for more than 10% or 20% of a rip.

However, I am looking over the avisynth codebase in some depth at the moment. You can see I've been compiling my own versions (2.58-based). I'll most certainly be doing a comparison of the 2.57 and 2.58 code to see what has changed.

But don't worry, there is no difference between these versions for QTGMC-based ripping. Just use the one that works.

____

@IceManZ: Is that to be used with QuickTGMC 3.0 or 2.51?

snakeboy

Former Staff
Sep 13, 2007
T
However, I am looking over the avisynth codebase in some depth at the moment. You can see I've been compiling my own versions (2.58-based). I'll most certainly be doing a comparison of the 2.57 and 2.58 code to see what has changed.

Cool. For the record, I'm available for beta testing if you develop something and would like me to test it on my system now that you have an idea of what's compatible this side and what's not.

-snake