meguIV: The Official Akiba-Online DVD Encoder (v1.0.1.1)

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
Your computer crashes a lot - what are you doing to it? But yeah, those two encodes went without a hitch, although you went back to two pass?. Anyways, thanks for the info.

monteyuma

Dec 28, 2008
I get this C++ Runtime Error (transparent window) crashing meguiVit 0.2.1, always after around 3-5% have been processed (of this small test file).

attachment.php

Doesn't matter if I use mencoder or FFmpeg. OS is Vista, 64bit. The original meguiV (v1.0.1.1) works fine.

-------------------------------------------------------

I want to show you guys the results of the little test, which shows how fucking great TempGaussMC is compared to yadif as a deinterlacer.
(Sorry to reduce meguiV to offering TGMC as it's main feature here, I know there is more behind it. It's just using TGMC is virtually impossible to "normal users" without this thread and the meguiV you guys provided them with).

Watch these two 19s (mkv) samples and you'll immediately see why TGMC is so awesome (on a side note though: encoding with it takes about 4 times longer):

Watch test-meguiV-18-TGMC.rar first and then test-stax-18-yadif.rar.

Simply AMAZING! :XD:

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
I get this C++ Runtime Error (transparent window) crashing meguiVit 0.2.1, always after around 3-5% have been processed (of this small test file).
That's a slow encoding speed... What the spec of your machine? And what One-Click setting are you using?

Some people are reporting crashes on 64-bit Win7, although many are using it fine and I can't reproduce any problems. Still, have you tried the Win7 64-bit alternates under "Installation / Upgrade" in the main MeguIVit post? They might help, they might not.

Regarding Yadif vs (Q)TGMC, I wholeheartedly agree. It still surprises me that many people who can write their own AviSynth scripts still use Yadif as a default deinterlacer.

monteyuma

Dec 28, 2008
Haha no, the encoding speed is fine, the time/fps just keeps running/accumulating after it crashes. It's a Q6600 and the standard settings (tried slightly different ones too, same thing).

Didn't try those older versions yet, might give it a try though (hoping if those work maybe you can fix it for the newer versions) :)

It would be cool btw, if one could just update x264 or other moduls like mkvmerge etc (but the encoder particularly) manually... less dependency of/"pressure" for the tool authors to push out up-to-date versions ;)

astrayred

Mar 19, 2008
That's a slow encoding speed... What the spec of your machine? And what One-Click setting are you using?

Some people are reporting crashes on 64-bit Win7, although many are using it fine and I can't reproduce any problems. Still, have you tried the Win7 64-bit alternates under "Installation / Upgrade" in the main MeguIVit post? They might help, they might not.

Regarding Yadif vs (Q)TGMC, I wholeheartedly agree. It still surprises me that many people who can write their own AviSynth scripts still use Yadif as a default deinterlacer.

FWIW, recently I tried meguVIT on my brother's 64-bit Win 7 Ultimate PC. Finished two videos without any hitches. The QTGMC setting was 60fps Slower+Light Edgeclean and x264 was 480p 60fps standard, just in case the crashes are preset specific.

Sounds to me like monteyuma is experiencing a race condition. Those are a pain to track down.

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
Haha no, the encoding speed is fine, the time/fps just keeps running/accumulating after it crashes. It's a Q6600 and the standard settings (tried slightly different ones too, same thing).
How much RAM do you have? Low memory conditions cause almost immediate crashes like that one. Although that's usually with extra-complex settings.

Could you report your success with the alternates - my suspicion, as always, is that it is avisynth.dll at fault, the alternates use different versions of it. Also make sure you're not running any background tasks that hit the disk you're encoding to (P2P apps, Windows defender, whatever), as I've noticed that's a problem.

It would be cool btw, if one could just update x264 or other moduls like mkvmerge etc (but the encoder particularly) manually... less dependency of/"pressure" for the tool authors to push out up-to-date versions
This topic came up earlier, and this post explains the potential problems with updating tools without updating the GUI at the same time. It's already difficult to track down problems in the system because of the number of tools involved. If those tools were all at different versions, it would become impossible. However, it's easy to update a tool manually if you must. You'll find most of them in:
Code:
Sandbox\meguIV\1.0.1.1\Virtual\MODIFIED\@SYSDRIVE@\meguIV\MeGUI\tools

monteyuma

Dec 28, 2008
How much RAM do you have? Low memory conditions cause almost immediate crashes like that one. Although that's usually with extra-complex settings.
8 GB :)

Could you report your success with the alternates - my suspicion, as always, is that it is avisynth.dll at fault, the alternates use different versions of it. Also make sure you're not running any background tasks that hit the disk you're encoding to (P2P apps, Windows defender, whatever), as I've noticed that's a problem.
Unfortunately both the A and B alternative versions crash with a message similar to this every time:
attachment.php

This topic came up earlier, and this post explains the potential problems with updating tools without updating the GUI at the same time. It's already difficult to track down problems in the system because of the number of tools involved. However, it's easy to update a tool manually if you must. You'll find most of them in:
Code:
Sandbox\meguIV\1.0.1.1\Virtual\MODIFIED\@SYSDRIVE@\meguIV\MeGUI\tools
Excellent, that's exactly what I was thinking of!
(though at the moment no Vit version is working for me, only the vanilla meguiV)

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
Unfortunately both the A and B alternative versions crash with a message similar to this every time:
There is only one instruction in MeguIVit: choose a one-click preset beginning with [Vit]. You chose "[IV] Best Quality", the legacy setting from original MeguIV. The error you got is something I should look at, but should be irrelevant to one-click rippers as 'VerticalCleaner' is not used in the [Vit] settings.

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
I'm getting exactly the same problem as Monteyuma using ver 0.2.1 on my 64 bit Win7. I get the C+++ error immediately at the start of the first pass. The encoder keeps running but quickly slows down to a crawl.
I will experiment with trying a single pass...
Do you mean the "blank" error message shown in this post? Notice that on that error, the encoder had managed to process 22 frames. Does yours manage to process any frames? (the fps is of no importance)

Both you and monteyuma could try installing the C++ redistributables in this post.

EDIT: And noticing your recent thanks, others having early crashes should also look at the point at the bottom of this post. It that solves anything for people, I'd like to know...

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
I'm quite pleased that I am able to now rip longer vids by skipping the first pass.
Ah, of course - going one pass removes mencoder/ffmpeg and a huge amount of disk access - any of which might be the cause of the problems.

1-pass doesn't skip any processing, it just does it all at the same time. Which means it's only going to work on decent machines (requires more RAM, plus uses many more threads) - so it won't be an option for some. And you'd need an epic machine to rip HD in 1-pass (when that becomes available in a later MeguIVit).

I do have a couple of questions. Is it possible to set up MeguIVIT 0.2.1 so that the default container is mp4, and the pre-render first pass is skipped?
Yes, press the config button by the One-Click profile. Make the changes you need (deselect pre-render in the Encoding Setup tab, and uncheck MKV in the Container Type tab). Then press New at the bottom and give your new profile a name. Use this profile to rip from then on...

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
Those of you who frequent my corner of AO will have seen that I've quit posting material to AO. However, I'll still visit and will remain somewhat active in this thread. QuickTGMC is very widely used outside of AO now, so it will still be supported. I also use MeguIVit for myself so it will still get occasional development and I'll keep the links fresh. I'll still answer tech queries too (maybe a bit more slowly though).

no__One

May 27, 2007
This is a very great news.

When I see the fabulous progress in quality ... Everything I learned ... and all thanks to your generosity.

While affected by your withdrawal from the world of upload, I am more than honored that you stay with us even less active.

As I said before, just knowing that you could guide us on "this tortuous path that is the Video Rip". It's huge, awesome!

Thank you again for all your contributions and your help which particularly advanced me a lot.

Peterasiafan

Mar 2, 2007
Install DivX

For what it may be worth so some of the people having trouble playing these high-quality rips on their lower-end machines, I have stumbled on a solution.

I have a 3.0Ghz Pentium IV with 2.0Gb of ram, and even the 'light' versions of these videos wouldn't play without drop-outs and pixellizing, until I tried installing the DivX codec pack, and now even the 'heavy' 60fps versions will play.

I hope this helps a few people.

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
... I tried installing the DivX codec pack, and now even the 'heavy' 60fps versions will play.
DivX is the fastest free codec I've tried. But be aware that it connects to the internet every time you play a video. Even if you switch off auto-updates. A firewall will stop it, but I find that behavior concerning.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I just tried the new 1.0.1.1 version and I'm happy to see I can still make it work fine(if I use SSE ddls instead of SSE3 ones) with my old computer and the speed is much faster.

It took me 65 hours to encode a 1h58 mins movie instead of 71 hours for a 1h 33mins movie using v0.05.

Thanks again for this great tool.

On my next encode, I'll try to see if I can make the vitreous mods work with only SSE, maybe I'll get slightly more reasonable encoding time.

astrayred

Mar 19, 2008
I just tried the new 1.0.1.1 version and I'm happy to see I can still make it work fine(if I use SSE ddls instead of SSE3 ones) with my old computer and the speed is much faster.

It took me 65 hours to encode a 1h58 mins movie instead of 71 hours for a 1h 33mins movie using v0.05.

Thanks again for this great tool.

On my next encode, I'll try to see if I can make the vitreous mods work with only SSE, maybe I'll get slightly more reasonable encoding time.

Ouch!

What's your specs? My Phenom II takes 8 hours for a 2 hour movie.

If you are going to be doing a lot of encoding, it might be very worth it in the long run to get a cheap Athlon II X4. Yes, you need to spend money to upgrade, but the amount of work done per unit of electricity is a lot better. Especially if your current CPU is something power hungry like a Pentium 4...

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
What's your specs?

I have an old athlon 2800+. I think it's now 7 or 8 years old, but I don't have any money to spare for a new computer right now and the electricity is included in my rent so it doesn't cost me more.

I don't do much JAV encoding so it's ok for only a movie now and then with my current setup.

Neo63

©Neo™®
Jan 25, 2008
meguIV: 公式のAkibaオンラインDVDのエンコーダー(v 1.0.1.1)

meguIV \ MEHべたつく物目V \、名詞
偶像およびAV DVDsのために特に設計されていて; meguIVは携帯用1かちりと鳴らす最新式のdeinterlacing及び注意深く調整された事前調整と前もって構成されるMeGUI DVDのエンコーダーの版をである。 今度は最終的にあなたの好みAVの若手のろばの丘疹を見ることができる。
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

高品質の出力が保証されるので、meguIVの使用法はAkibaオンライン[HQ]糸の札を使用するために資格を与える。 meguIVすべてを見ることは今のところ解放されたAkibaオンラインを、ここにかちりと鳴る符号化する: http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/se...art&do=process。

機能
必要なきたない取付けか構成は始まるためにちょうど.EXEをダブルクリックしない。
鋭く、きれいな、詳しく述べられたビデオ出力必ず。
MP4またはMKVの容器のあなたの選択。
エムピー・スリーまたはAACの音声のあなたの選択。
アスペクトレシオの信号を送ることを用いるAnamorphicビデオ出力(720のピクセル幅)。
章に自動的に作成され、完全なtimecodesがある(MeGUIの公式の造りは)。
完全なアスペクトレシオのautodetection (MeGUIの公式の造りに3%の横の伸張がある)。
マルチコアシステムを利用するMultithreaded deinterlacing (TempGaussMC)。

Changelog
v 1.0.1.1:
苦境: 台無しにされたパッケージ。
v 1.0.1.0:
苦境: 64ビットシステムで始まらないx264 (ビデオエンコーダー)。
苦境: 1.0.0.0の最初のアップロードは間違った造りだった。 安全があるためには、改善しなさい。
v 1.0.0.0 (2010年4月20日アップロードされる固定版):
改善されたMeGUI、TempGaussMCおよびx264。
ビデオ出力はより鋭く、今洗剤である(付けられたscreenshotsを見なさい)。
30-50%スピードアップ! 中等品の事前調整はもう必要とされない。
約25%のより小さい出力ビデオはfilesizes。
新しい前レンダリングのステップは臨時雇用者ファイルのために15-25GB自由空間を要求する。

システム要件
Windows XP /2003またはより高い
符号化の間に作成される一時ファイルのための15-25GB自由空間。
SSE3可能なマルチコアCPU (多くはよりよいのの芯を取る! meguIVで使用されるdeinterlacingは非常にデマンドが高い。)
マイクロソフト.NETフレームワーク2.0またはより高い(例えば.NET 3.5)。 おそらく既にそれを取付けてもらう。

指示

picture.php

ステップ1: 1かちりと鳴らすボタンを押しなさい。

picture.php

ステップ2: あなたの入力.VOBファイルを選びなさい。
このファイルはあなたのDVDのtitlesetの最初の.VOBファイルべきである。 それはVTS_01_1.VOBのような何かである。 強調された数は1、0、または何か他のものならないこと。
.ISOファイルがある場合、WinRARとのharddriveにそれを得なければ7ファスナーを締める。 、間違いを得、自動章の作成は働かない。
好めばまたこのスクリーンの出力ファイル道を変えることができる。

ステップ3: 高度の選択にチェックマークを置きなさい。

picture.php

ステップ4: 高度の設定タブを開けなさい。

ステップ5: あなたのワーキング・ディレクトリを選びなさい
一時ファイルのための道を選びなさい。 それらは符号化の仕事が完了する場合削除される。
利用できるこの仕切りで自由空間の15-25 GBを持たなければならない。

ステップ6: 説明的なプロジェクトの名前を選びなさい。
出力ファイル名は自動的にここに入るものは何でも使用する。

picture.php

ステップ7: エンコーダーの設定タブへのスイッチ。

ステップ8: あなたの可聴周波フォーマットを-エムピー・スリーかAAC選びなさい。
確実でなかったら、AACを選びなさい。 それは良質である。

ステップ9: あなたの容器のフォーマットを- MKVかMP4選びなさい。
確実でなかったら、MP4を選びなさい。 それは装置の多種多様と互換性がある。
「標準」に「装置タイプ」選択を残しなさい。

ステップ10: かちりと言う音は行く! あなたの新しい仕事を列に置き、自動的に始めるため。

ノート
MeGUI、AviSynth、またはあなたのシステムに取付けられている何か他のもの持っていることは完全に安全である。 meguIVは完全にによって「砂場」のホールダーを所有することであるそれ隔離されあなた自身の既存のソフトウェアと干渉しない。
設定を変えるか、または他では事を壊せば、それに実行可能なあなたのmeguIVと同じ道にいる「砂場」のホールダーの削除によって行うデフォルト設定meguIVを戻すことができる。
MeGUIの更新を使用してはいけない、これは注文の造り、公式なソースと互換性がない。
meguIVは非常に遅い: 1時間偶像のビデオは多分3.1Ghz中心2のデュオ(Conroe)の7時間を取ることができる。 同等の中心2のクォードは半分のその時間を切る。 中心i7を有すれば、幸運な!

アップロードされた最初の1.0.0.0は実際に悪い事前調整の古いテスト造りだった。 1.0.1.1に改善しなさい
ダウンロードしなさいmeguIV v 1.0.1.1 (meguIV.exe、34.5MB)を
http://hotfile.com/dl/39080183/e537d0b/meguIV.exe.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/378429090/meguIV.exe.html
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=07YY13RA

ps: I hope the translation am understandable for my Japanese friends - 私は私の日本の友人のために理解しやすい翻訳AMを望む

Greeting at Kiki

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
looks like one of three things:

1. online translation.
2. translated by someone with insufficient japanese skills.
3. translated by someone with insufficient english skill.

although it is not unintelligible, it does not seem to be translated by someone with the necessary attributes required. ie intricate knowledge of jap/eng and rudimentary knowledge of encoding.

i think this sentence illustrates my suspicions:

ps: I hope the translation am understandable for my Japanese friends - 私は私の日本の友人のために理解しやすい翻訳AMを望む

although the english sentence is incorrect, the translation would not contain the same mistake "AM". indicating that it was translated automatically from english to japanese.