Megaupload Shut Down - Filesonic stops filesharing - latest news about filehosting

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

garbro77

Oct 15, 2010
What do you guys think about posting in newsgroup?

I'm fine with it. Every video I posted here was first posted to a newsgroup in Usenet. I started posting there before I came here to post. Once you upload, the files are on the news server, & with good retention, will stay there for a long time. Even if you cancel your account, the files will stay on the server, unlike the file lockers, who delete everything you had online when your account expires.

The catch is, you also need to pay for a premium news service if you want complete collections of files to download, & long retention times.

As someone who has been paying a monthly bill for Usenet & a monthly bill for a premium file locker account (no, I never had an affiliate account), I'm now looking at paying one less bill each month, & I'll still be able to share... only on Usenet instead of both Usenet & here.

I enjoyed posting here & on another forum, & the file lockers made that possible. But my point is, there are other ways to go. AFAIK, Usenet is still safe, & I've had very good luck finding videos I was looking for on eMule. A good antivirus software (updated regularly) is essential, but I would hope you all were already using that for downloading from the lockers.

Syobon

(´・ω・`)
Dec 22, 2009
I apologize for using colored text in this thread, but feel it will attract people's eyes to something they should have been doing all along.
While many other rush for the fallout shelter (and call a lawyer) after seeing their "premium" commercial uploading website(s) restrict access to their files, I will step into the breach to show them how they should have been doing it from the start.
Unfortunately for those of you on Akiba-Online; the rules here state that my upload is off-topic and thus, cannot be publicized here. :...:
So all I can tell you is that I uploaded 10.2 MB of {amateur creampie} videos to a semi-anonymous Japanese uploader. They're out here. I uploaded it behind an anonymous proxy hosted in Russia. I bet Russia doesn't respond to any subpoenas from the MPAA / RIAA in the USA.
I urge all content uploaders to look at these non-commercial, semi-anonymous Japanese uploaders. Truthfully, this is how they should have been doing it.

:puzzled: isn't japan a lot "better" at copyright enforcement than even US in first place? thats why they came with Share and Perfect Dark, hardly a month go away without arrest of some japanese uploading protected content in those networks...

abdul.fig

Oct 22, 2010
Sopa

:notagain::notagain::notagain:

Once again: Sopa was rejected for the time being, it nothing to do with the Megaupload case.

It seems like Fileserve and Uploadstation are allowing uploads and downloads again, but since all files are gone and affiliate programm closed, I don't know if this is good news.

Depositfiles doesn't pay for US traffic anymore and only links with a referral Site are counted, that means if you write your links in
Code:
you won't earn any money.

ryuuga

みうみうの恋人
Super Moderator
Apr 2, 2007
It seems like Fileserve and Uploadstation are allowing uploads and downloads again, but since all files are gone and affiliate programm closed, I don't know if this is good news.

eventhough they are back, the damages have been done. A lot, I mean A LOT of our contributors have their premium accounts deleted without receiving any notice. I doubt that they will go back to use those sites anymore

drc

Dec 17, 2006
eventhough they are back, the damages have been done. A lot, I mean A LOT of our contributors have their premium accounts deleted without receiving any notice. I doubt that they will go back to use those sites anymore

I know what you mean. If they wanted to delete all the Hollywood crap and anything America related (I am an American by the way) fine, but to remove stuff that has not been licensed and will never be licensed overseas, Japanese dramas and TV shows, or anything Asia related is very irritating. I mean, downloading some of those shows which have been aired on TV and probably missed by some of us on their airing date is the same as watching a show previously recorded by one's digital recorded. If downloading shows like that is considered illegal by the U.S. then why didn't the U.S. government go after all of those TV recording services such as Tivo since they also make a profit out of TV shows we all record at home.

There were so many good Asian shows I wanted to get, but now thanks to those who want to control our everyday life with no jurisdiction over other countries who are getting away with their crap, it'll be nearly as impossible, and that makes me really really mad.

YelloFeva

Sep 3, 2011
All the other filehosts that stopped their fileshare service in fear of what happened to MegaUpload are idiots who scare way too easily. They should be putting on a united front to save their business, not running scared from the 'self imposed world police' calling themselves the US Government!

For those Filehosts that haven't tucked tail and run, they'll reap the benefits of al lthe former clients those cowards will no doubt loose!

frogleg

Aug 10, 2009
I asked this question in another forum but should mention it here, too.

If filesharing is stopped and only the uploader has access to the account then,
can't people still share by giving out the pass to the account ??
And, then like make new accounts for each upload, or group of uploads??

Maybe it is just too easy to be workable???

:constipation:

garbro77

Oct 15, 2010

The reason that won't work is because as soon as the file host notices the account being accessed from many different IP addresses around the world, they will know the account has been compromised, & block or cancel it.

And don't forget, if everyone can access the account, anyone can upload viruses, trojans, etc into it for everyone else to download, then post links to them using the same method.

patton

Dec 31, 2011

it's too naive..
no one can guarantee that the password won't be changed by someone..

Steel-Angel

Jul 2, 2011
So just to sum it all up, most of the several File hosting sites are now being far more restrictive, and started disabling filesharing, as a result of not wanting to end up like Megaupload

So basically No more public downloading anime for us
We're screwed over, aren't we?

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
So just to sum it all up, most of the several File hosting sites are now being far more restrictive, and started disabling filesharing, as a result of not wanting to end up like Megaupload

So basically No more public downloading anime for us
We're screwed over, aren't we?

why? i've never downloaded anything from filehosts, as far as animation goes, and i managed to get a pretty nice collection nonetheless

chrisfallout

Jul 8, 2008

no it will not. thought they said it would be based on ip address. that what i think it was

also main reason they went after megaupload or there filesharing sites. was this they where paying people or making tons of cash of people to get them join for full feature of file sharing site. so it just like what gov did for internet porker site. they went in to clean them up. since did not like the fact they where taking advantage of people or company's or government's.they did not like fact some where paying people when they got people join. or fact internet poker sites where taking advantage of people or look like they where laundering money threw other banks illegally

endless_blue_water

Jan 19, 2011
People sound more concerned about what their loosing, I agree it sucks. But I would think they should be more concerned about the fact that these sites are now under investigation and the server log files are now being confiscated for evidence. What about all the user / member IP address in those log files that got logged during download sessions? ya, scarey. Even if you're not from the US, there is a new global collaboration between enforcement agency's worldwide from what we're seeing. I'm thinking, we're getting to a point where websites need to start generating dynamic PHP kind of pages on decentralized networks. this goes for DNS resolution also. Then these government czars can go fuck them self's looking for ghosts since they want to control everyone.
It's funny how this SOPA thing is suppose to be about stopping on line piracy by blocking DNS servers. come on.. who are they selling? Like the guys using these torrent sites don't know how to get to these sites without DNS?
I don't remember this stuff happening before OB got in office, Marxists want to control. His father was one, and he gives praise to him in his book, Dreams from my father. We know what his father's political philosophy was about. This book is regarded as a book that represents who Obama is.
Code:
http://obamaism.blogspot.com/