Megaupload Shut Down - Filesonic stops filesharing - latest news about filehosting

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

moopie

Dec 7, 2009
Its kinda funny that you guys are worried about all the cyber lockers.... when you guys don't seem so worried about this site at all. Inside news from a friend who works at Dooga emailed me today telling me that the senior management at Hokuto (the main company which pretty much operates all the 100s of AV studios and dmm) had an exciting meeting talking about the demise of file hosting sites, many staff were invited to a private party for celebration in the evening.....

Other than that. Heres the scary news. Scanlover and this site were specifically brought up at their meeting....
I download torrents from here all the time, so its definately not good news for me.

somedude04

Jun 12, 2007
Honestly, I have been wondering how long it would take most of the western world to move to a P2P system based on heavy file encryption and distributed nodes (a-la Japan and Winny/Share/PerfectDark). It was only a matter of time until RIAA/MPAA pays enough to win the battle...

More intrusive deep packet inspection is right around the corner (it WILL get passed with ACTA), so everything you do online will soon be scanned by your ISP, and filtered if any "copyrighted" material is found. The federal gov't already does deep packet inspection on everyone, every person in the USA has a dossier on everything they do on the internet. (If you don't believe me, google DARPA's "Total Information Awareness (TIA)" program.)

Is there any english-language program very similar to perfectdark? (in usage and security)?

SeeingMole

Mar 10, 2008
Does anybody know whether Mediafire Premium provides fast remote uploads? (think they call it web upload..) like transfer 1GB file within a seconds..

NO

I just registered with Mediafire pro and they only provide a pathetic web uploading interface.

It's dead slow and will scan every freaking file for virus or whatever before uploading.

I'm uploading from my seedbox in Luxembourg which is blazingly fast and I usually got 5-6 MB/s per FTP connection uploading to good old filesonic.

SeeingMole

Mar 10, 2008
Looks like something is wrong with uploading.com

I get a blank page when accessing it here from Thailand and also from lux seedbox.

Glassjaw

Miu > all
Apr 30, 2007
You will never have everything you do being monitored as it's completely against privacy laws and near impossible to enforce. However, I'm sure eventually they will find a way to filter for copyrighted material and probably send out automated fines to your address. But people will fight back and I'm sure anon are having a field day with all this.

shin-law

Dec 29, 2010
We have been spoiled with the interweb contents, I say lets all GTFO go outside and breathe in the fresh air!! its a whole new day darling!! the demise of intersex 2.0 will set you free from the tentacles holding you back from the natural beauty thats out there. I can finally see the bright lights of nature.. I am coming, and I won't need a tissue this time.
:gayprance:

CL™©®

"Sucker for Seifuku"
May 21, 2007
Only thing good to come out of this whole SOPA & PIPA BS is that we now know who all the lurkers are, they've all come out to complaint & post their 1st posts.
:joker:

I think this will all die down & most of the host will pop up in 1 way or another.
The key is patience.
:tea:

drc

Dec 17, 2006
We have been spoiled with the interweb contents, I say lets all GTFO go outside and breathe in the fresh air!! its a whole new day darling!! the demise of intersex 2.0 will set you free from the tentacles holding you back from the natural beauty thats out there. I can finally see the bright lights of nature.. I am coming, and I won't need a tissue this time.
:gayprance:

Yes, getting out will be "a ok", but I don't like the idea of someone else telling me what choices I should make as if I weren't a thinking individual capable of making my own choices.

I still remember not too long ago how some people who are into anime made fun of Japanese otaku for not standing up and fighting against governor Ishihara and his crazy laws about imposing censorship on anime and yet, unless I'm mistaking, not too many people seem to be doing much to stand up and fight against this proposed "law".

I believe our constitution, the American constitution, allows us the right to fight against laws that give the government too much power, because as far as I remember, no one is supposed to be above the law in this country.

I don't know about everyone else but, if things continue like this, no one candidate will be getting my vote in November. It might be possible like some say, that ones vote is ones voice, but I find it hard to believe when it is obvious that politicians only let us vote on things when it is convenient for them but not when it is convenient for the "we the people". Just something to think about.

illuminatus3

Akiba Citizen
Oct 9, 2007
Only thing good to come out of this whole SOPA & PIPA BS is that we now know who all the lurkers are, they've all come out to complaint & post their 1st posts.
:joker:

I think this will all die down & most of the host will pop up in 1 way or another.
The key is patience.
:tea:

Well said indeed! These hosting companies or others will crop up once this blows over, looks like mu is trying to comeback already with megaupload.net. :cheer: The biggest loss is the potential income for some members, and the money owed them as well as the many of us who just renewed our membership to some of these hosting sites.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
well, time for me to flood the board with all my hotfile links, now that all the others are dead, i guess :joker:

too much free time now, and F5'ing forums isn't helping

maybe i should get back onto forex, if i manage to find my old logins somewhere...