Megaupload Shut Down - Filesonic stops filesharing - latest news about filehosting

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

abdul.fig

Oct 22, 2010
this European servers are still surviving.
i will buy premium.

http://turbobit.net
http://www.crocko.com
http://uploaded.to
http://depositfiles.com
http://www.share-online.biz

i dont know which is the best.
and i want to follow majority.
I wouldn't buy any premium account for the time beeing, nobody can say for sure which filehosts will suivive.

To complete you list there is of hosts that are not based in the US and still have an affilite programm:

www.netload.in
www.letibit.net
www.rapidgator.net
www.megashare.net
www.oron.com
www.shareflare.net

javhoarder

Consumer of Hard Disks
Sep 20, 2011
FileJungle and UploadStation completely disabled, just like FileSonic/FileServe.

sumdood123

Jan 2, 2010
They are incorporated in HK. All their servers are in Amerikkka and Amerikkka controls the internet via control of the majority of root name serves that are the backbone of the internet.

megaupload was hosting in the US.
There's a firefox add-on called Flagfox that lets you know where servers are really based.

megaupload -> US
filesonic ... Netherlands
fileserve ... US
filejungle... US
mediafire .. US
oron .. Netherlands
wupload .. Netherlands
uploaded.to .. Netherlands
Uploadstation .. USA

filepost.net .. Russia (and still alive)
rapidshare .. Germany (and still business as usual) .. for the moment.

Sami1977

Mar 4, 2009
If all of the major remaining filehosts go down (Hotfile, Wupload and Rapidshare), then it's bye bye for downloading JAV... I'm sure as hell not going to download from filepost etc. and I refuse to use torrents (too risky). It's been a good couple of years, but f*ck it!

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
i'm still waiting for hotfile's move, but they're not yet reacting, even though their servers are located in florida IIRC :puzzled:

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
We'll just have to go back to the roots of pirating stuff and make ftp's, fserves, irc bots and use usenet.

Or someone will implement the next things and we'll all move to that.

sumdood123

Jan 2, 2010
trackerless torrents are the next big thing .. anyone noticed how pirate bay is pushing magnet links now ?

Anyway for direct downloads, we'll probably have to wait until China develops its telco infrastructure more.
The Chinese regard the western idea of patents and copyright with contempt.
once they start building server farms Obama and the MAFIAA will be screwed.
... beggars (US) won't harass their bankers (China) to shut down hosting

Sami1977

Mar 4, 2009
So is Wupload safe, since it's in the Netherlands? I'm a bit worried since it's owned by FileSonic...

Glassjaw

Miu > all
Apr 30, 2007
Glad i cancelled my premiuim literally the other day, phew. This is mental... didn't expect them all to stop at once like this. :puzzled:

kyo4

Mar 13, 2008
It's bad time. T_T
My files in megaupload is lost.

And I can't download new Japan idol video from Filesonic T_T

zoolanimal

jav fisting connoisseur
Apr 29, 2009
perhaps there's another way to look at what happened . . .

megaupload versus SOPA

megaupload was closed down - while the US Congress was still considering SOPA - there was alot of political pressure to stop SOPA because it went way too far - in fact at this point consideration of SOPA in the US Senate is tabled indefinitely because of that political pressure

the claim of media industry and many others was that the FBI and the Courts lacked sufficient tools to combat the "copyright pirates" and that SOPA was needed to enhance current law enforcement vis-a-vie patent rights

so what happens? the FBI and other enforcement agencies, using current law, close down megaupload - that in turn has a ripple effect through the file hosting community

huuhh? seems like the FBI and other enforcement agencies actually have sufficient enforcement authority when they use it - the megaupload example will inevitably be used by those who want to stop SOPA as the best example that US law really does not need changed

what does this say about the US? it signals that everyone, including forces within law enforcement, was not on board the SOPA juggernauting train

i am not suggesting SOPA, and its ilk, are not something to fear - it definitely is - and it should definitely be combated - but what happened to megaupload - is probably part of the combat against SOPA, as weird as that sounds

why are other filehosts bailing?

i personally have used the "chickened out" expletive to describe what filesonic has done to limit file useage and other filehosts denying US patronage and other similar actions by filehosts

the full 72 page indictment against megaupload is here: hXXp://www.scribd.com/doc/78786408/Mega-Indictment

lets assume that what is described in the indictment is factually correct and illegal

maybe the filehosts who are bailing have engaged in similar conduct? - maybe they have ties to megaupload? - maybe they are taking remedial actions to cover their respective buttox? it could be any of the above or all or none

just remember to be completely skeptical about what any of them say because they are attempting to cover alot of money!

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
megaupload versus SOPA

megaupload was closed down - while the US Congress was still considering SOPA - there was alot of political pressure to stop SOPA because it went way too far - in fact at this point consideration of SOPA in the US Senate is tabled indefinitely because of that political pressure

the claim of media industry and many others was that the FBI and the Courts lacked sufficient tools to combat the "copyright pirates" and that SOPA was needed to enhance current law enforcement vis-a-vie patent rights

so what happens? the FBI and other enforcement agencies, using current law, close down megaupload - that in turn has a ripple effect through the file hosting community

huuhh? seems like the FBI and other enforcement agencies actually have sufficient enforcement authority when they use it - the megaupload example will inevitably be used by those who want to stop SOPA as the best example that US law really does not need changed

what does this say about the US? it signals that everyone, including forces within law enforcement, was not on board the SOPA juggernauting train

i am not suggesting SOPA, and its ilk, are not something to fear - it definitely is - and it should definitely be combated - but what happened to megaupload - is probably part of the combat against SOPA, as weird as that sounds

why are other filehosts bailing?

i personally have used the "chickened out" expletive to describe what filesonic has done to limit file useage and other filehosts denying US patronage and other similar actions by filehosts

the full 72 page indictment against megaupload is here: hXXp://www.scribd.com/doc/78786408/Mega-Indictment

lets assume that what is described in the indictment is factually correct and illegal

maybe the filehosts who are bailing have engaged in similar conduct? - maybe they have ties to megaupload? - maybe they are taking remedial actions to cover their respective buttox? it could be any of the above or all or none

just remember to be completely skeptical about what any of them say because they are attempting to cover alot of money!

I suspect SOPA/PIPA and other similar things are an attempt to expand their power.Kind of like when the US government claimed they need to tighten down on gun sellers because the Mexican cartel were getting their guns from American stores and then few months later we find that the government gave the cartels in Mexico the firearms.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
hotfile made their payment, then suspended the site sales program.
PPD still active and counting downloads though :puzzled:

attachment.php