md0, mdf, mds help

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
I am currently downloading this torrent, in the download directory I see the following files;

Saki Tsuji - SUPS_077.piece_part.bc!
SUPS_077.md0.bc!
SUPS_077.mdf.bc!
SUPS_077.mds.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to play these files once they have finished downloading?

I have a similar problem with this one. These are the files in the completed download folder;

KAWD_159.I00
KAWD_159.I01
KAWD_159.I02
KAWD_159.I03
KAWD_159.I04
KAWD_159.I05
KAWD_159.I06
KAWD_159.MDS

What do I do????

:why2:

BartSimpson

Mar 2, 2007
Those are image files like ".iso".

Either you burn them on dvd or mount them on a virtual drive with "demon tools" or a similar software.

edit: If your burning or mounting software doesnt recognize those files, they may have been split and you have to join them first.

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
The three ways to make it work

1) DVDshrink's 'open disc image' option can be used to preview DVD's MDS file before you burn it. only works about 50% of the time

2) Use DVD Decrypter in 'Mode >ISO >write' to read the MDS image and burn it. Works almost 100% of the time. The few times it would wouldnt open the .MDS file, it would work opening the .MDF file directly

3) Alcohol 120% http://www.alcohol-soft.com/

oking888

Jun 10, 2008
as what IDOLFUN said , i simply use alcohol 120% everytime there is an mds file , it automatically does everything and burn it on a dvd, so far it worked for me...

oking888

Jun 10, 2008
i just had the same problem with a downloaded torrent - and same one mds and lots of those I0xxx files...and did you try to fix that by simply changing the folders file name . mine may have some japanese characters , and i simply changed those..they worked with alcohol 120% just try - it might work for you too....enjoy

sportacus

Dec 5, 2008
Those files are the wicked work of dvd shrink. the idea is to compress the original size of ISO into an acceptable size so that it can be burnt to any regular single layer 4.7GB DVD, whilst at the same time helping to alleviate the uploaders bandwidth with a more manageable distribution size. Btw on windows my preferred choice of software is imgburn because it's free, lightweight and powerful which can handle dvdshrink's format as well, just feed it the media descriptor image file and burn, simple!

oceanbad

Nov 15, 2008
RIGHT CLICK, OPEN WITH any softwares stated above.

in case u didnt know, .bc! thingy is an incomplete file downloaded from torrent

Betoxil

Aug 29, 2009
You can reproduce the DVD drive in the virtual pc "DAEMON Tools Lite"

install the DAEMON, open the daemon tools lite

Select Add files, STAR_187.mds

I will put on list, select and assemble

you can play with the program to watch DVDs I have the "power dvd"

excuse the translation greetings.:study: