Looking for a guide on some titles that have multiple studio codes

javhoarding

Jun 2, 2015
I am thinking of FAD and FAX titles that seem to be released on both studio codes, I am wondering if there is a list anywhere of such titles and their equivelancy.

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
we have the same question here, FA Pro oftenly re released the same scenes into various movies, its make me confuse which is their compilations and which is not :confused:

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Javhoarding, this was an excellent question that you have posed. I'm afraid — and I hope I will be corrected — there is no one easy place to go to, to distinguish between "crossover" DVD code prefixes.

Boy, I sure do remember times I've run into cases where I desperately tried to seek out, what was the equivalent FAD for this FAX? Or what was the equivalent SBNR for this NSPS? (This is helpful, especially if one is seeking a title with these prefixes, and when the movie cannot be found, perhaps one would have better luck with the other.)

I sure remember experiences when I spent too much time searching for the equivalent code. That is no fun.

I recall insight our members had provided in both cases, and I went on a hunt for the information. While looking, I ran into this unanswered thread of mine where I see I had succeeded in one case, pinning both the SBNR and the NSPS codes for the same movie. (Satisfying!)

First insight was from Member Iwillbeban, some three years ago:

"Nagae style movies are always branded with the SBNR tag. The SBNS tag is for earlier films and the NSPS tag is for newer ones. That is why nagae style flicks have two tags, SBNR and SBNS/NSPS."

(Hey, whatever happened to this great member of ours? I see he had once written on another thread: "There seems to be an exodus of long-time members and a large influx of new ones." Well, what a shame Iwillbeban has joined that exodus, for now; who would have thought that he would sort of ban himself?)

Second insight from Member Motiman:

"Fa-Pro used to release all their movies using the FAD prefix which i believe was how they categorized their DVD releases. A few months later they would release the same movies digitally using the FAX prefix... A few years ago they stopped that and started releasing movies using different prefixes that related to the director of the movie rather than just using the FAD prefix for all releases."

(Thankfully, Motiman is still with us.)

Now neither of these insights specifically address the question of this thread, but I have found both explanations useful as to figuring out the reasons for these confusing codes.

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
Let's not forget the more useful and less challenging exercise of corresponding codes for:
1. BluRay (HD) and DVD (SD) versions of the same vid (e.g. REBD and REBDB)
2. Censored release of an uncensored vid

A more challenging and increasing important exercise is:
3. Code (and original release dates etc) for the VHS tape of newly re-released-on-DVD titles.

But generally speaking, I +1 and double @jugulear 's pessimism about these cross-over codes. The studios have something to gain and little to lose by the confusion of us the privating leeches and also the paying customers.

Reactions: Supmop and jugulear

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
I thought of this thread because earlier today I acted on one of Therealpmuk's great JAV suggestions and went about seeking NSPS-267. While I ultimately ran into downloading possibilities, at first I was finding resistance... and then I got the bright idea of trying to search for the movie's SBNR counterpart.

A trick I often use is to put in (the search bar) the entire code of the NSPS/SBNR we know of, and tack on the prefix of the other... while including the word JAV. (Winding up with, in this case, NSPS-267 SBNR JAV.) Well, that trick did not work this time.

While I fear we will never have a handy guide to point to, perhaps a new JAV jenius has some wisdom to impart upon us?

I do want to make a note of this site that I had come across; it lists some NSPS's with its SBNR counterparts.

Hey! I just noticed something.... a few examples:

NSPS-199 / SBNR-291
NSPS-200 / SBNR-292
NSPS-266 / SBNR-358

Is it possible that in order to arrive at the NSPS/SBNR counterpart, all one would need to do is add or subtract ninety-two (92)?

Well... not quite:

NSPS-154 / SBNR-247; that's a difference of ninety-three (93). At least this formula could put us in the right ballpark.

Just for fun, let me try with the example at hand, NSPS-267.

267 + 92 = SBNR-359 and what a thrill to see paydirt. I wanted to access screen shots for NSPS-267 earlier, and when I put that code into Javpop, nothing came up. See, the movie was listed as an SBNR.

EDIT:

The "subtract/add-by-ninety-two-or-so" trick did not work when I tried with NSPS-499. Upon further investigation, I discovered the NAGAE-STYLE site permits a search, and they provide the corresponding code right there. In this case, the SBNR turned out to be SBNR-535, a difference of... thirty-six (!?)

Last edited:

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
The SBNR movies are for rentals, the SBNS/NSPS ones are for sale. That's what the last letter stands for and why there are two different codes for these movies.