Kisaragi

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I wasn't sure where to post this, mods.

I just finished watching the film Kisaragi and I have to say ... wow, what an amazing film. It was like watching one of Oscar Wilde's plays were it on steroids. Amazingly well-written, amazingly well-executed mixture of comedy, drama, and mystery. And best of all? It's relevant to like 70% of your guys' interests. :p

trailer on Youtube (w/ English subs)
Wikipedia article (English) (日本語)

The movie is about five grown men who are all self-proclaimed fans of Kisaragi Miki, a Junior Idol who died one year ago under unusual circumstances. The men meet at one of the fans' homes to honor their beloved idol's memory; but this soon gives way to discussion about Miki's untimely death, the curiosities surrounding it, and the true identities of the five fans.

I'm not into the whole idol thing, much less Junior Idols, but I really enjoyed this film regardless and I can only imagine how much it would resonate with a lot of the folks on Akiba since I know a lot of you are really into Japanese idols. Basically, you guys are the bread and butter of this movie. Hell, one of you plays a pivotal role in the plot. So while I'm strongly recommending this film to EVERYBODY, I'm super strongly recommending it to you guys.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
One of "us" plays a pivotal role?
Is it a foreigner who bashes other foreigners for beating off the snuffs and other cartoons? Cuz that would be awesome.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
viewing the contents the thread is o.k. where it is

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
One of "us" plays a pivotal role?
Is it a foreigner who bashes other foreigners for beating off the snuffs and other cartoons? Cuz that would be awesome.

LOL, not exactly. I'm not in the film, and I don't know that you are, either.