JavLuv JAV Browser

riceburrito

Jun 3, 2014
This is an odd question but is there a way to have two totally seperate instances of jav luv browsers on a single user in windows 10?

I want to run one instance as a renamer and scraper, and another as full on database for my movie. Since my collection is MASSIVE (20TB plus) I want to update my collection slowly over time.

I know its using the appdata to get the settings and everything. Is there another way to create another seperate appdata or something like a self contained portable one?

Thanks

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Have you fixed the issue where multiple copies of a movie are desired? For example, I like Reducing Mosaic movies and I like English subbed movies. It would be nice to catalog both.

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
This is an odd question but is there a way to have two totally seperate instances of jav luv browsers on a single user in windows 10?

I want to run one instance as a renamer and scraper, and another as full on database for my movie. Since my collection is MASSIVE (20TB plus) I want to update my collection slowly over time.

I know its using the appdata to get the settings and everything. Is there another way to create another seperate appdata or something like a self contained portable one?

Thanks

Sorry, not really. Best I could come up with is to have a batch file that renames your settings folder back and forth. Kind of clumsy, but it would work.

Maybe you could help me understand why you feel the need to run two different instances of JavLuv? Maybe I could help to address the root issue if I knew what issues you were having with importing your database.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Have you fixed the issue where multiple copies of a movie are desired? For example, I like Reducing Mosaic movies and I like English subbed movies. It would be nice to catalog both.

No, not yet. Honestly, I've been trying to figured out the best way of doing this in such a way that it still works reasonably well with auto-renaming and importing features.

How many different variants of movies do people typically have? I can think of:
  • Uncencored
  • Decensored (mosiac removed)
  • Hard subtitled
  • Upscaled
Anything else?

Reactions: lock_on

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
No, not yet. Honestly, I've been trying to figured out the best way of doing this in such a way that it still works reasonably well with auto-renaming and importing features.

• Uncencored
  • Hard subtitled
  • Upscaled
Anything else?
First three are important to me. Can I do a quick fix by renaming the movie? For example JUFD-118 is a hard-subtitled movie and then I rename the reduced mosaic as JUFD-1182?

lock_on

Jan 22, 2023

• Uncencored
  • Hard subtitled
  • Upscaled
Anything else?
Can you also make those difference shown on the thumbnail in movie browser? The idea is like the site from javgg (using ribbon on the top side of thumbnail), there we can see which movie is uncensored, decensored or english subbed.

riceburrito

Jun 3, 2014
Sorry, not really. Best I could come up with is to have a batch file that renames your settings folder back and forth. Kind of clumsy, but it would work.

Maybe you could help me understand why you feel the need to run two different instances of JavLuv? Maybe I could help to address the root issue if I knew what issues you were having with importing your database.
I have a massive collection (20-30TB) total that keeps on adding new movies,

The scraping and nfo for adding movies is great, Basically one of the top renamers i've ever used. I use the renamer option to get everything nice and organized before I transfer the new movies to the collection.

What I want to do is have a 1st instance be used to scrape and rename new movies, and the 2nd one be my actual collection thats organized and nice looking.

I organize by actress I like but I mass download so much that any actresses or movies I don't like I burn onto BD-Rs or cold storage on a old hard drive I replaced with a newer one. I don't want those movies in my collection so adding it to the database would be extra steps. I do want them renamed so I can search them up on the BD-R that will likely have it if I do need to pull that movie for reasons.

The main collection is spans over 15 plus years of videos but its very loosely organized. I plan on scraping and renaming but I want to do it chunks and want to keep those two things seperate if possible. This will forever be ongoing cause of how i download so much that i need to check and rename before I can even put it into the collection.

Sorry for the long post but basically If there was a scraper that just scrapes and renames by itself it would literally solve my problem. It would mean I can use the javluv as my database for my main collection,

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
First three are important to me. Can I do a quick fix by renaming the movie? For example JUFD-118 is a hard-subtitled movie and then I rename the reduced mosaic as JUFD-1182?

If you don't use the auto-renaming feature, yeah, it's pretty easy. Just name the movie whatever you want. JavLuv already supports multi-part movies. The harder part is ensuring it works with importing and the auto-renaming features. Just drop in a new movie in the existing movie folder, and rescan files.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I have a massive collection (20-30TB) total that keeps on adding new movies,

The scraping and nfo for adding movies is great, Basically one of the top renamers i've ever used. I use the renamer option to get everything nice and organized before I transfer the new movies to the collection.

What I want to do is have a 1st instance be used to scrape and rename new movies, and the 2nd one be my actual collection thats organized and nice looking.

I organize by actress I like but I mass download so much that any actresses or movies I don't like I burn onto BD-Rs or cold storage on a old hard drive I replaced with a newer one. I don't want those movies in my collection so adding it to the database would be extra steps. I do want them renamed so I can search them up on the BD-R that will likely have it if I do need to pull that movie for reasons.

The main collection is spans over 15 plus years of videos but its very loosely organized. I plan on scraping and renaming but I want to do it chunks and want to keep those two things seperate if possible. This will forever be ongoing cause of how i download so much that i need to check and rename before I can even put it into the collection.

Sorry for the long post but basically If there was a scraper that just scrapes and renames by itself it would literally solve my problem. It would mean I can use the javluv as my database for my main collection,

Ah, I think I get your drift. You want to keep your collection more discriminating, instead of automatically adding everything to it.

I could probably just add an option to the Scan dialog "Add to collection" which would be checked by default, but you could uncheck it to do all the scanning and renaming functionality without necessarily adding it to your collection. Then, when you want to add movies, you could then rescan those folders and check the "Add to collection" option.

Reactions: riceburrito

riceburrito

Jun 3, 2014
Ah, I think I get your drift. You want to keep your collection more discriminating, instead of automatically adding everything to it.

I could probably just add an option to the Scan dialog "Add to collection" which would be checked by default, but you could uncheck it to do all the scanning and renaming functionality without necessarily adding it to your collection. Then, when you want to add movies, you could then rescan those folders and check the "Add to collection" option.
Yo, this would solve literally everything I do, seriously.

I do everything in stages, this option I can just take out the movies I don't want and rescan like you said to add to the collection flawlessly.

Youre program is awesome regardless if you do this or not. Thanks for everything you do.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Yo, this would solve literally everything I do, seriously.

I do everything in stages, this option I can just take out the movies I don't want and rescan like you said to add to the collection flawlessly.

Youre program is awesome regardless if you do this or not. Thanks for everything you do.
I've added it to the to-do list.

In the meantime, you can kind of do the same thing manually. Immediately after scanning, sort by "Recently added", and then you can right-click everything you just added and select "Remove from library". This will remove the entry from the database, but will leave everything else on the disk as-is.

Glad you're finding JavLuv useful!

Reactions: riceburrito

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Can you also make those difference shown on the thumbnail in movie browser? The idea is like the site from javgg (using ribbon on the top side of thumbnail), there we can see which movie is uncensored, decensored or english subbed.

So basically, add icons showing whether the movie has any of those variants? Not a bad idea. I'd probably want to add explicit filters for those too, like we already do for subtitles. Added to the to-do list.

This is a harder feature, so I may not get to it for a while.

Reactions: Moxy and lock_on

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009

• Uncencored
  • Hard subtitled
  • Upscaled
Anything else?
60 fps

kakarotd7

Sep 29, 2015
Hi guys! Hope someone can help with this. I want to know if there's a way to rename the folder and actual file by adding the dates before the rest of the information, like the movie title, the ID, etc., just like you see here on the Javluv interface. Even if I go to the settings panel and edit the folder name to include RELEASE DATE, it doesn't get reflected on the folder after Javluv renames it.

This is the default rename setting for Javluv:
[{DVD-ID}] {TITLE 80}

This is how I tried to edit it, but it didn't work out the way I wanted:
[{RELEASEDATE}] [{DVD-ID}] {TITLE 80}

Can anyone help, please?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-23 150523.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-09-23 150523.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 68

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009

• Uncencored
  • Hard subtitled
  • Upscaled
Anything else?
Not that I actually use your software since I like to have complete control on my collection, but I personally also make a distinction for:
- Uncensored Leaked(Movie that should be censored but is actually uncensored, not too common)
- Watermarked(Not sure if you have another setting for that but that's a big one for me, I actually make a distinction from the many possible types of watermarks)
- Quality variants(For example, I make a small encode version when I encode them myself for posting and used to also make a compatibility one that would work on any device)
- Technical difference(Since someone mentioned 60fps above, I do have multiple versions, often for testing purpose though but occasionally I'll keep them: h265 vs h264 codec, 10 bit vs 8 bit, 60 fps vs 30 fps)

-I also make a distinction for idol videos where censoring doesn't apply but since this is a JAV organizer, not sure you want to support that.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Hi guys! Hope someone can help with this. I want to know if there's a way to rename the folder and actual file by adding the dates before the rest of the information, like the movie title, the ID, etc., just like you see here on the Javluv interface. Even if I go to the settings panel and edit the folder name to include RELEASE DATE, it doesn't get reflected on the folder after Javluv renames it.

This is the default rename setting for Javluv:
[{DVD-ID}] {TITLE 80}

This is how I tried to edit it, but it didn't work out the way I wanted:
[{RELEASEDATE}] [{DVD-ID}] {TITLE 80}

Can anyone help, please?

Release date isn't supported as a metadata token, but release year is. You can substitute {YEAR} and it should work, although obviously just the year, not the complete date.

If you're interested in using the full date instead, let me know and I can add that to the to-do list.

Reactions: kakarotd7

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Release date isn't supported as a metadata token, but release year is.
Just in case you weren't aware, Kodi added a release data metadata option:
Code:
<premiered></premiered>	No	No	Release date of movie. Format as yyyy-mm-dd

Figured I'd mention it since I only realized that myself recently.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Not that I actually use your software since I like to have complete control on my collection, but I personally also make a distinction for:
- Uncensored Leaked(Movie that should be censored but is actually uncensored, not too common)
- Watermarked(Not sure if you have another setting for that but that's a big one for me, I actually make a distinction from the many possible types of watermarks)
- Quality variants(For example, I make a small encode version when I encode them myself for posting and used to also make a compatibility one that would work on any device)
- Technical difference(Since someone mentioned 60fps above, I do have multiple versions, often for testing purpose though but occasionally I'll keep them: h265 vs h264 codec, 10 bit vs 8 bit, 60 fps vs 30 fps)

-I also make a distinction for idol videos where censoring doesn't apply but since this is a JAV organizer, not sure you want to support that.

Hmm, yeah, I also mark watermarked movies with a tag. I didn't really consider that as a category, since I figured if someone had a clean version, they'd probably just replace the watermarked version. So I'm not sure they'd ever need to exist side-by-side with clean movies. Or am I making an incorrect assumption?

This whole feature leads me to wonder how far down the rabbit hole I should really go on this. There are almost infinite technical details one could apply. At some point, if a person wants to store a lot of side-by-side version, it may be that using the automatic move/rename feature just isn't going to work. Or maybe I'll need a more generalized solution for tagging individual movies.

Anyhow, thanks for the input. I'll keep pondering this potential feature.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Just in case you weren't aware, Kodi added a release data metadata option:
Code:
<premiered></premiered>    No    No    Release date of movie. Format as yyyy-mm-dd

Figured I'd mention it since I only realized that myself recently.
To clarify, it's stored and supported in the general movie metadata. It's just not supported as a field that can be used for automatic renaming. I just never figured people would want to use the exact premier date as part of the folder or file name.

Last edited:

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Hmm, yeah, I also mark watermarked movies with a tag. I didn't really consider that as a category, since I figured if someone had a clean version, they'd probably just replace the watermarked version. So I'm not sure they'd ever need to exist side-by-side with clean movies. Or am I making an incorrect assumption?
One case where you'd potentially want both is if the watermarked version is of higher quality. A watermarked 1080p vs a clean 480p for example.

To clarify, it's stored and supported in the general movie metadata. It's just not supported as a field that can be used for automatic renaming. I just never figured people would want to use the exact premier date.
Makes sense, I'd make the same assumption for a filename. My bad for not knowing enough about the app.