JavLuv JAV Browser

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

lock_on

Jan 22, 2023
Hello @TmpGuy,
Do you know how to prevent a movie getting a wrong metadata information because of same ID code? I see that a few of the movies have same codes and I can't choose or control which metadata is the right one to take. Do I have to do this manually? It would be nice if there was a notification of duplicate metadata information before taking the information.

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
Hello @TmpGuy,
Do you know how to prevent a movie getting a wrong metadata information because of same ID code? I see that a few of the movies have same codes and I can't choose or control which metadata is the right one to take. Do I have to do this manually? It would be nice if there was a notification of duplicate metadata information before taking the information.

No, there isn't an easy way to deal with duplicate IDs. Those just have to be manually edited. It's one of those things that would be nice it it worked better, but would take a rather large amount of programming effort for a relatively rare case.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
@Moxy No, I don't really have the patience to do that. I'll do the upscaling, cleanup, and resampling in a single pass, and just let it run overnight. I'd be afraid of introducing too many artifacts running multiple passes, but it seems like you're getting decent results. I do the final cropping / cutting / encoding in a separate program (TMpgEnc) that gives me a bit more fine control, but that's about it.

Version 3 of Topaz Video AI is significantly improved from Version 2, but it seems like overall stability took a pretty big hit. There are some blocking issues with some movies I tried where I just can't proceed. In these cases I'll just wait for an upgrade and hope for the best. Fortunately these issues are becoming more rare with each new patch.

Overall, been pretty impressed with the quality. Not quite the same as true HD quality, but older SD movies are so much more watchable after being processed. I'm slowly going through some of my favorite oldies from the 2000's and sharing the results.
I would love to see how you can improve NSPS-097. Best version I can find is 480p. Great movie if, like me, you like dark and twisted!

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
I would love to see how you can improve NSPS-097. Best version I can find is 480p. Great movie if, like me, you like dark and twisted!
I have a version of it I've just found but its 360p as I really only watch Lesbian pure stuff but Ill see what I can get from it and Post a couple of shots to see what you think. Just Read on Jav Database, someone's done a review :) Seem like you aint alone in your love of it :)

Quick Tests on 360p source 1.8gb

Before

Before - Test.jpg
After - Test.jpg

After - 2x upscale

Last edited:

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
I have a version of it I've just found but its 360p as I really only watch Lesbian pure stuff but Ill see what I can get from it and Post a couple of shots to see what you think. Just Read on Jav Database, someone's done a review :) Seem like you aint alone in your love of it :)

Quick Tests on 360p source 1.8gb

Before

View attachment 3264282
View attachment 3264283

After - 2x upscale
definitely better. would you like my 480p version?

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah but as stated, I dont have filejoker this my issue. Heres one ive been working on and this one is in a state. Love to see what TmpGuy can get out also. This is SDDE-081 from 2004 ( :) ) The best source I have found of it that hasnt been overly re-encoded but It has been changed from Interlaced to Progressive at some point without removing the Interlacing frame or not blending them correctly and so Its a mess at 720x480 and the bit rate is 1300kb/s and file side of original is 1,138,000KB

Original a one of the worse point in the video but not the worse by far:Before.jpg
As you can see a total mess

After doing a Progressive/interlaced pass using x265 lossless and then running through Artemis Low to remove some of the noise and preserve what there is. I then did a third pass via Proteus with film grain at 3:1 - Just messing with lossless passes. Oh the original frame rate is 25 so I changed it to 50 with the 25 in the original is either variable or very bad motion precision, all that is fixed. Not perfect but a worth first attempt. The better parts in the movie are great. I increased the resolution and fps and grain only on the last pass.

After.jpg

Still looks like terrible but its actually very watchable now on a big tv. Just need a lot more clean up work. I like the movie but not sure HOW much :)

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Yeah the version I just found online was horrible (seems to be the same one Moxy has). If you have a version that's better, would love to get that if possible. Otherwise, restoring from this terribad version will be a challenge.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Doh. I didn't follow the thread correctly, and thought you were talking about SDDE-081. Well, I'm not really into normal het JAV myself, but I'll take a crack at it. Also, yeah, pretty dark stuff. I prefer more happy sex.

The version I got from you has hard-coded subtitles and a watermark though. That's the version you'd like upscaled?

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Doh. I didn't follow the thread correctly, and thought you were talking about SDDE-081. Well, I'm not really into normal het JAV myself, but I'll take a crack at it. Also, yeah, pretty dark stuff. I prefer more happy sex.

The version I got from you has hard-coded subtitles and a watermark though. That's the version you'd like upscaled?
yes. Or, if you prefer, I'll send KOP-46, very worthy of upscaling.

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
Doh. I didn't follow the thread correctly, and thought you were talking about SDDE-081.

If only the gods were so kind for all the older Jav like these ones. I Just hope someday that a miracle version appears :)

I now use the Prores 422 HQ codec between passes on video and that is lossless as far as I can tell but it obviously creates huge file sizes. I have done some upscales from Very tiny 16:9 resolutions and upscaled them to 4K with outstanding results. Every pass is with the lossless footage ofc until the final thats then x265. I do several passes on the default res to clean it up and bring out detail and its fast so no issue then on the last pass I do to x265 and sometimes a 2:1 film grain which is hardly noticeable but adds so character. I've essentially turned 2009 footage into 4k that looks very very passible but just take time. 1440p also look damn good. just getting the right source. One I used was at a very high bitrate for the time and untouched. Hard to find these days but Ive been collecting a while :)

Last edited:

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
If only the gods were so kind for all the older Jav like these ones. I Just hope someday that a miracle version appears :)
I think I have found a issue with the Scraper in JavLuv.

So do a update on a actress in movie view (Right click Update), one with no pic or real info other than maybe a English name. If you get no results do this. Make sure and I stress that you have either backed up the Nfo for the movie or don't care about its metadata, you may have added info.

Anyway. Go back to the movie view and its best if you type its name directly into the search so only the one movie shows. Now Regenerate the Metadata for said movie and then when done, go into the movie view and on say 6 out of 10 times it will have filled in new Actress data and or All missing actress data. It seems to be a issue with the the scraper to update the actress when you right click her but when regen whole movie data base, it works way better.

Your mileage will vary but it works best on actresses that have made several movies but have little to no data. I know you said you changed scrapers not long back?

Note: I did a full regeneration of data around V1.1.25 or so. The update all actresses or movie seem to suffer the same fate as right click update.
I obviously cannot regen all data now as it would be bad :) So I am doing a per required at the mo. Thought you may know a easy missed fix.

Thoughts @TmpGuy ?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I think I have found a issue with the Scraper in JavLuv.

So do a update on a actress in movie view (Right click Update), one with no pic or real info other than maybe a English name. If you get no results do this. Make sure and I stress that you have either backed up the Nfo for the movie or don't care about its metadata, you may have added info.

Anyway. Go back to the movie view and its best if you type its name directly into the search so only the one movie shows. Now Regenerate the Metadata for said movie and then when done, go into the movie view and on say 6 out of 10 times it will have filled in new Actress data and or All missing actress data. It seems to be a issue with the the scraper to update the actress when you right click her but when regen whole movie data base, it works way better.

Your mileage will vary but it works best on actresses that have made several movies but have little to no data. I know you said you changed scrapers not long back?

Note: I did a full regeneration of data around V1.1.25 or so. The update all actresses or movie seem to suffer the same fate as right click update.
I obviously cannot regen all data now as it would be bad :) So I am doing a per required at the mo. Thought you may know a easy missed fix.

Thoughts @TmpGuy ?

So, unless I'm misunderstanding, it sounds like JavLuv is finding and filling actress data it couldn't previously find? I recently fixed a number of broken scrapers, and have added new actress scrapers, so this isn't unexpected. Once a name has been filled out, JavLuv never again attempts to scrape the name unless you perform a manual update of the actress.

I've subsequently added unit tests so I can easily test all scrapers: currently 5 movie site scrapers and 6 actress site scrapers, and all are still working as intended. Note that JavDatabase, probably the most important actress scraper by far, was broken for some undetermined time, so any movies scraped during this period might not have complete actress data filled out.

Reactions: Moxy

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
So, unless I'm misunderstanding, it sounds like JavLuv is finding and filling actress data it couldn't previously find? I recently fixed a number of broken scrapers, and have added new actress scrapers, so this isn't unexpected. Once a name has been filled out, JavLuv never again attempts to scrape the name unless you perform a manual update of the actress.

I've subsequently added unit tests so I can easily test all scrapers: currently 5 movie site scrapers and 6 actress site scrapers, and all are still working as intended. Note that JavDatabase, probably the most important actress scraper by far, was broken for some undetermined time, so any movies scraped during this period might not have complete actress data filled out.
Yeah my issue is slightly different. Say a actresses details are missing from an actress Tab, say she just has her name and now Japanese version. So I right click her and press UPDATE actress. Nothing happens. So I go back to the movie she was in and do a Regenerate MetaData for the whole movie and it completely fills in the actress. Now this is obviously depended on factors but I use this method a lot and I mean a lot to find actresses that the Update will not Update :)

It could be my database that's missing info if like you said it was down a while. Its not a huge issue but if anyone else has it then just try regen meta on the movie said actress is in, works miracles :) If not load JavRave and use the Japanese name and manually get filling or copy pasting :)

Also another handy tip that everyone may do but then again none.

So I cant find an actress anywhere so I know she's on JavRave but there's a ton under her name or similar, I need her Jav name and google translate don't always cut it.

I Load Jav Library, go to advanced search and Scroll to Cast (You need a signed in account)
Enter English name in reverse as Jav Library likes them reversed. It will now show the name in Japanese, copy, add to JavLuv then try update actress or Just regen meta on a movie shes been in and recheck.

I bet there's a far easier way?

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
This has likely been answered, but....what if I wish to keep two versions of a movie I like? One might be reduced-mosaic and the other might be hard subtitled. And further, have you considered a utility that would identify all duplicates and then allow you to choose which to keep (as above) or delete because they're redundant or of inferior quality.

Keep up with the good work! I'm chasing 3000 jav titles and couldn't do it without your software.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
This has likely been answered, but....what if I wish to keep two versions of a movie I like? One might be reduced-mosaic and the other might be hard subtitled. And further, have you considered a utility that would identify all duplicates and then allow you to choose which to keep (as above) or delete because they're redundant or of inferior quality.

Keep up with the good work! I'm chasing 3000 jav titles and couldn't do it without your software.
If you're not using auto-move/rename, just drop the second movie in there and rescan files. If you are using auto-move/rename, you can use A/B/C suffix. This is normally meant for movies split across multiple parts, but could also be used for different versions of a movie.

Glad JavLuv is still mostly working for people. I haven't had a lot of extra time to work on it recently, as life tends to gets in the way, etc.

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
Does anybody know what the term "Grimosa" is referring to in genre? I see that JavLuv attaches this term to some of my content, but even after some Googling I'm still unsure of what it is referring to. It is not a field that is scraped from JAVLibrary (my go-to site for info on JAV titles).

Java_Master

Jul 17, 2023
Hello, I've just downloaded javluv to manage my collection for jellyfin server. But when I scan movies it gives error: unable to find online metadata. I've named my files based on Codes only. I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. Btw, my files are in .ts format. Is that the problem? Please help me

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
Hello, I've just downloaded javluv to manage my collection for jellyfin server. But when I scan movies it gives error: unable to find online metadata. I've named my files based on Codes only. I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. Btw, my files are in .ts format. Is that the problem? Please help me
What are the .ts files you talk of? Movies have to be in one of the more known formats like Mp4, mv. avi or Mkv. The naming of the files need to follow what ever is on say JavLibrary and usually follow a 3 or 4 letter code and the a - and a 3 digit code as in VICD-051. You can add wording in brackets after but Javluv will ignore it but display all the same. The scraper Javluv uses just Parses the website for the DVD code much like when you search in Jav library and as the name implies, it scrapes up all the info and downloads it along with cover art to the folder where the movie is located. The info files or scraped info is in .nfo format which is used by a lot of other programs like Kodi if im not mistaken. If im wrong on any then im sure TmpGuy can clarify.

Enter some of your codes on Javlibrary and see if they are found, it they are then Javluv should find them just fine. If it does'nt then I would presume that your install and or APPDATA, data, is corrupt and may need to remove that and reinstall Javluv.

Just looked up .ts files. Never seen them before tbh and I bet Javluv cant detect them but for that you will need the man himself to answer you :)

Note also: Javluv will only work on JAV. forget it on everything else unless you do it all manual.

You could download AviDemux and see if it will do a Package flip or just load them in, select MKV and see if they will save. If not and you get an error then set the audio to AAC and 224 or something (Higher better in most cases) and then try resaving. If that fails then you may have to re-encode it with say x264 or 265.

Last edited:

Java_Master

Jul 17, 2023
What are the .ts files you talk of? Movies have to be in one of the more known formats like Mp4, mv. avi or Mkv. The naming of the files need to follow what ever is on say JavLibrary and usually follow a 3 or 4 letter code and the a - and a 3 digit code as in VICD-051. You can add wording in brackets after but Javluv will ignore it but display all the same. The scraper Javluv uses just Parses the website for the DVD code much like when you search in Jav library and as the name implies, it scrapes up all the info and downloads it along with cover art to the folder where the movie is located. The info files or scraped info is in .nfo format which is used by a lot of other programs like Kodi if im not mistaken. If im wrong on any then im sure TmpGuy can clarify.

Enter some of your codes on Javlibrary and see if they are found, it they are then Javluv should find them just fine. If it does'nt then I would presume that your install and or APPDATA, data, is corrupt and may need to remove that and reinstall Javluv.

Just looked up .ts files. Never seen them before tbh and I bet Javluv cant detect them but for that you will need the man himself to answer you :)

Note also: Javluv will only work on JAV. forget it on everything else unless you do it all manual.

You could download AviDemux and see if it will do a Package flip or just load them in, select MKV and see if they will save. If not and you get an error then set the audio to AAC and 224 or something (Higher better in most cases) and then try resaving. If that fails then you may have to re-encode it with say x264 or 265.
Thanks for your reply. I've just downloaded a few .mp4 javs but no luck. It's still giving same error. I don't know why it's happening to me. Also, I know this app is gor javs only and I'm using it for that. The names have proper codes. Is there any other common mistakes that I might be doing?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Thanks for your reply. I've just downloaded a few .mp4 javs but no luck. It's still giving same error. I don't know why it's happening to me. Also, I know this app is gor javs only and I'm using it for that. The names have proper codes. Is there any other common mistakes that I might be doing?

JavLuv should recognize .ts files, so that's not the problem. The movie codes should be in the form ABC-123. So, if your filenames look like "[ABC-123] Movie description.ts", they should be recognized. You can see if metadata exists online for your movie by looking at some of the more popular sites, like: https://www.javlibrary.com/en/

Try searching for your movie using that site. If it doesn't exist, either your movies are too obscure to be recognized by most scraped sites, or you maybe have the IDs incorrect.

If all else fails, feel free to message me and send the zipped logs (look for the button at the bottom of the settings page), and I can help you try figure out what's going wrong.