JavLuv JAV Browser

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Note: those were before I started increasing frame rate, so if 60fps is important to you, you might want to try your hand at upscaling the original. But yeah, other than that, I thought those came out pretty good.

Just for fun, try Topaz AI's slow motion feature to see just how remarkably good their interpolation algorithms are. You can often slow down a movie to a fairly small percentage of the original speed with quite good results.
I downloaded the trial version of Topaz. Definitely better but $300 for the full version is too much for me. Below is from VNDS-2588, a favorite of mine starring Fumie Tokikoshi.

Attachments

• Screenshot (14).png
    Screenshot (14).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot (15).png
    Screenshot (15).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 112
Reactions: Moxy

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
I know this may have been discussed before, but I thought I could just copy my "actresses" folder from my main machine (with my customized images) and paste them into a networked computer running Javluv. But when I did this, all I got was a bunch of empty slots in the Actress tab. Is it not that simple? I see that the file names seem to be randomly generated? So perhaps the files wont just overwrite correctly? I'd love to have my same custom actress images on my networked machine.

One more thing - when scanning network folders for the new Javluv install on a new laptop, I'm getting these pop-up windows asking me if I want to import a new version of a duplicate file, including the video resolution size of both videos. I thought this was an option that had to be enabled for this to happen, and I have it disabled. Is this something new? Or a bug? Thanks.

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
I downloaded the trial version of Topaz. Definitely better but $300 for the full version is too much for me. Below is from VNDS-2588, a favorite of mine starring Fumie Tokikoshi.
It is expensive. There's other means of obtaining it but depends how you feel on that. Ive just put 2 3GFX cards in so ill keep you posted on performance.

Edit: I used 1 1070 and 1 1070Ti so mixing cards works, no SLI bridge needed :) gonna put my 2080 in tomorrow. It double the processed frames which is expected. I got 4fps @ a upscale of 480p@29fps to 1080p with kept aspect ratio and @60fps and the fps change is flawless so far. Ive been using it for small scenes so far like 20 mins and while it takes a while, if you have lots of old content you love then it just makes it look like you've never seen before. 8/10 so far imo.

It may seem slow but you can do 2 x resolution instead of 1080p and other things to increase fps. Best to experiment but to me its allowed me to watch my old Jav in a clarity I've never seen and also it seems to improve how bad the old censorship blur was which is a huge plus :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Not2srius

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
I know this may have been discussed before, but I thought I could just copy my "actresses" folder from my main machine (with my customized images) and paste them into a networked computer running Javluv. But when I did this, all I got was a bunch of empty slots in the Actress tab. Is it not that simple? I see that the file names seem to be randomly generated? So perhaps the files wont just overwrite correctly? I'd love to have my same custom actress images on my networked machine.
You need to copy both the Actresses folder and Actresses.xml, which is what actually references those filenames.

One more thing - when scanning network folders for the new Javluv install on a new laptop, I'm getting these pop-up windows asking me if I want to import a new version of a duplicate file, including the video resolution size of both videos. I thought this was an option that had to be enabled for this to happen, and I have it disabled. Is this something new? Or a bug? Thanks.

Yes, the option is in the Scan Movies dialog, called "Auto import movies of similar or better quality" If this isn't checked, it's supposed to just give errors when it finds duplicates. If that's not working correctly, it's a bug and needs fixing.

Reactions: weppin

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
I'm having an issue with renaming a movie file name again, and ultimately having it disappear entirely from my library view. Also I'm under the impression that the actress naming engine has been improved? But I still have tons of nonsense names that need cleaning up.

Is it possible to delete the databases and rescan from scratch? It used to be doable but that functionality has een removed, I take it? Would rescanning from scratch even be advisable/would it correct some issues, i.e. misnamed movies and/or actresses?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Is it possible to scan a disc and have the nfo and jpg files saved to a different target folder?
Not at the moment. I've got a feature request to hide these items for a "clean" folder. Hopefully someday I'll get to some of these tasks and improvements.

Reactions: Casshern2

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Not at the moment. I've got a feature request to hide these items for a "clean" folder. Hopefully someday I'll get to some of these tasks and improvements.
Understood, thank you, friend!

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
I'm having an issue with renaming a movie file name again, and ultimately having it disappear entirely from my library view. Also I'm under the impression that the actress naming engine has been improved? But I still have tons of nonsense names that need cleaning up.

Is it possible to delete the databases and rescan from scratch? It used to be doable but that functionality has een removed, I take it? Would rescanning from scratch even be advisable/would it correct some issues, i.e. misnamed movies and/or actresses?
I have had various issues with the Rescan but most revolving having multiple drives. If I haven't filled out notes on a movie that I rename then I simple remove it from the library and just rescan the folder it was in and that seems to work every time.

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
I have had various issues with the Rescan but most revolving having multiple drives. If I haven't filled out notes on a movie that I rename then I simple remove it from the library and just rescan the folder it was in and that seems to work every time.
Yes I did that and the movie won't rescan. It's a T28 title which there have been problems with in the past so I wonder if that has something to.do with it?

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
Yes I did that and the movie won't rescan. It's a T28 title which there have been problems with in the past so I wonder if that has something to.do with it?
Im not expert but Id say its to do with the naming as most others are 4 letters - and number so it probably throwing it off. Have you tried moving it to another folder even one within a folder just to get Javluv to acknowledge it again.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I can't say for certain what's going on, but the T28 titles were special-coded recently to get them to work properly. They should be able to import correctly if the metadata is available on one of the supported scraping sites. Does the log file give any clue as to what's going on?

Technically, you can rescan just by removing all the movies and scanning them again in a two-step operation. It's hard to know what you mean by "nonsense names", etc. Sometimes JavLuv gets names wrong because a website's metadata is wrong, but I'm not sure if that's what you mean.

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
I can't say for certain what's going on, but the T28 titles were special-coded recently to get them to work properly. They should be able to import correctly if the metadata is available on one of the supported scraping sites. Does the log file give any clue as to what's going on?

Technically, you can rescan just by removing all the movies and scanning them again in a two-step operation. It's hard to know what you mean by "nonsense names", etc. Sometimes JavLuv gets names wrong because a website's metadata is wrong, but I'm not sure if that's what you mean.
Yes I recall the T28 movies being fixed but I had no other guess. Where can I find the log file again?

Also what do you mean by "removing all the movies" and "scanning again jn a two-step operation", could you elaborate?

"Nonsense names" are for actresses, too many to list, but for instance I've had "@you" at the top of my alphabetical list forever.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Yes I recall the T28 movies being fixed but I had no other guess. Where can I find the log file again?

Also what do you mean by "removing all the movies" and "scanning again jn a two-step operation", could you elaborate?

"Nonsense names" are for actresses, too many to list, but for instance I've had "@you" at the top of my alphabetical list forever.

Pretty sure that's the alias she goes by. So, that's actually legit, believe it or not. I happened to see that one as well.

Also, there's no "delete cache" anymore, but if you select all movies then right-click and "Remove from library", and rescan, it does the exact same thing.

The log file can by copied in zip form via the Settings menu, down near the bottom. You should be able to open it from there. Maybe I should add a button that just opens it directly, huh?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013

I should point out that sometimes the actress data is just plain wrong. There's really not much JavLuv can do about this. Check out this recent bibian movie's actress name:

So, in cases like this, you'll just need to merge the bad name (Is It Yukari?) with the actual actress name (Nonoka Yukari). That way, if future titles have that bad name, it will instead use the good name.

It would be handy if you could merge them right from the movie detail page (I'll add that as a wishlist item), but you need to go the Actress page. Filter by "Yukari" to narrow down the field. If you need to find two different names, use the OR options to show both of them, like "Yui Hatano" or "Hibiki Otsuki". From there, you can select both and merge them into a single actress.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
@TmpGuy Have you tried the new Iris algorithm in Topaz AI?

Yep, I have. I tried it out with this upscale: https://www.akiba-online.com/threads/slimedogs-lesbian-jav-no-id-request-allowed.97705/post-4684243

Overall results: looks good. I compared it with Proteus, and I think it looked slightly better. This model will probably be my go to algorithm for JAV upscales, which obviously is always going to contain faces. If it starts looking a bit too smoothed, you can apparently blend back some of the original noise into the results using "Recover Original Detail". I ended up leaving this off, but could see some cases where that might be worth using.

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
@TmpGuy Do you separate your movies and Chop into smaller batches like I do? I had issues with a crash on some vids and after 30 min or a hour, its annoying. So I split into 25 min segments and then re-join. Ive resisted going the 1080p route from 640x480 so what I do and I have had some ok Results on terrible footage. I run it through Arthemis first on the Low setting. This is pretty good off the bat for cleaning up the video, I upscale it also x2 and I use x265 with the Auto bit rate, so either it uses what it requires or Variable, not quite sure but almost loss less to the original.

Then I run the clip again through Proteus and then I either upscale again depending on results or just running it through a 60fps interpolation with maybe a little Theia to bring out the last few details.

I have had some impressive results from vids from 2003 that usually wouldnt be unwatchable. Im sure a lot of these sources were from Video or VCDs.

Im waiting for a sale to buy Topaz, will have to be next month as I wanna use Iris :)

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
@Moxy No, I don't really have the patience to do that. I'll do the upscaling, cleanup, and resampling in a single pass, and just let it run overnight. I'd be afraid of introducing too many artifacts running multiple passes, but it seems like you're getting decent results. I do the final cropping / cutting / encoding in a separate program (TMpgEnc) that gives me a bit more fine control, but that's about it.

Version 3 of Topaz Video AI is significantly improved from Version 2, but it seems like overall stability took a pretty big hit. There are some blocking issues with some movies I tried where I just can't proceed. In these cases I'll just wait for an upgrade and hope for the best. Fortunately these issues are becoming more rare with each new patch.

Overall, been pretty impressed with the quality. Not quite the same as true HD quality, but older SD movies are so much more watchable after being processed. I'm slowly going through some of my favorite oldies from the 2000's and sharing the results.

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
@Moxy No, I don't really have the patience to do that. I'll do the upscaling, cleanup, and resampling in a single pass, and just let it run overnight. I'd be afraid of introducing too many artifacts running multiple passes, but it seems like you're getting decent results. I do the final cropping / cutting / encoding in a separate program (TMpgEnc) that gives me a bit more fine control, but that's about it.

Version 3 of Topaz Video AI is significantly improved from Version 2, but it seems like overall stability took a pretty big hit. There are some blocking issues with some movies I tried where I just can't proceed. In these cases I'll just wait for an upgrade and hope for the best. Fortunately these issues are becoming more rare with each new patch.

Overall, been pretty impressed with the quality. Not quite the same as true HD quality, but older SD movies are so much more watchable after being processed. I'm slowly going through some of my favorite oldies from the 2000's and sharing the results.
Ive done quite a lot so far and will upload them but obviously haven't got a filejoker sub. do they still do the reward system for downloads? Id love to share as I've done quite a lot and had 2 GPUs Crunching 24/7 on a second PC. some have turned out amazing.