JavLuv JAV Browser

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

dud

Mar 22, 2007
Interesting. Could you check your language in Settings and make sure it didn't somehow get switched to Japanese? Sorry for the "is your computer plugged in" sort of question, but I have to ask.

If not, send me the IDs of the movies this happened to and I'll see if I can reproduce the issue. It could be that they couldn't be found in the main online scraping targets (JavLibrary or JavDatabase). My scraping target of last resort sometimes has content in Japanese instead of English for some reason, so it could be that as well.
Yes, still English toggled it to Japanese and back just to check. Here is a list of the affected titles. It does look like they are missing from your 2 main scrapers.
  • FSDSS-534
  • DLDSS-154
  • STH-025
  • EROFC-127
  • MFCS-049
  • STH-024
  • MLA-112
  • DCV-216
  • REIW-146

Attachments

• JAV1.PNG
    JAV1.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
  • JAV2.PNG
    JAV2.PNG
    2.5 MB · Views: 72

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
Yes, still English toggled it to Japanese and back just to check. Here is a list of the affected titles. It does look like they are missing from your 2 main scrapers.
  • FSDSS-534
  • DLDSS-154
  • STH-025
  • EROFC-127
  • MFCS-049
  • STH-024
  • MLA-112
  • DCV-216
  • REIW-146
Well, that's a pretty straightforward issue then. Looks like it's time for me to prioritize adding some additional scrapers. Thanks for reporting this.

Reactions: dud and Moxy

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
I got this error after concatenating a movie and attempting to re-scan the updated file. (The was done thru the network-connected installation of JavLuv). Also JavLuv then begins scanning with a "importing movies" message, that never progresses, and I end up force-closing JavLuv.

I also have a comment to make about the new "random" sort feature. I LOVE it - but it performs almost too well! After opening up a movie's details and returning back to the main list, all the movies get scrambled again! It would be nice to somehow have the list remain static, in order to be able to take a good look at the new list of unfamiliar movies, instead of having it constantly reshuffle. As it stands now, you only can check out a single movie, before the list gets lost and remade.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 41

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I got this error after concatenating a movie and attempting to re-scan the updated file. (The was done thru the network-connected installation of JavLuv). Also JavLuv then begins scanning with a "importing movies" message, that never progresses, and I end up force-closing JavLuv.

Will see what I can figure out about that. Were you scanning with your laptop or other machine?

I also have a comment to make about the new "random" sort feature. I LOVE it - but it performs almost too well! After opening up a movie's details and returning back to the main list, all the movies get scrambled again! It would be nice to somehow have the list remain static, in order to be able to take a good look at the new list of unfamiliar movies, instead of having it constantly reshuffle. As it stands now, you only can check out a single movie, before the list gets lost and remade.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I could make it re-randomize only at startup or when switching sort modes. But at the moment, I've got bigger fish to try. See next post.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Just a heads-up. At the moment, you may not get optimal results when scanning new movies in JavLuv. One of the most critical sites JavLuv relies on is JavDatabase.com, because it contains a fairly complete collection of both movies AND actresses. It appears the site recently had a visual refresh. It looks quite nice, but unfortunately broke part my scraping code (which tends to be somewhat layout-dependent, and thus fragile).

I'll prioritize a fix, but it's bad timing for me, as it's sort of late tonight, and I'm going to be out most of tomorrow. So it'll probably be a few days before I can write and test the new code.

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
Will see what I can figure out about that. Were you scanning with your laptop or other machine?

Yeah, I noticed that too. I could make it re-randomize only at startup or when switching sort modes. But at the moment, I've got bigger fish to try. See next post.
Scanning with LAN-connected laptop. It happened again and now I seem to have lost the listing of one movie I was moving with JavLuv. It's still there but unscannable as of now.

As to the fix for the random sort, please don't make it on startup only! I would prefer when switching sort modes, if nothing else. My solution ATM is to use a second instance of JavLuv in read-only mode to sort as random, then to copy the title and paste it into the primary instance, which I can then open up the details for, make changes, surf around, etc, all while keeping the original randomized list intact.

The randomized list feature is otherwise fabulous for everyday browsing of the collection, though!

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Scanning with LAN-connected laptop. It happened again and now I seem to have lost the listing of one movie I was moving with JavLuv. It's still there but unscannable as of now.

Remember, the laptop is supposed to be read-only mode. i.e. no scanning or editing of any sort. To sync them after making changes from your primary machine, you need to copy from primary machines' settings folder to the laptop's settings folder. It's not just a one-time thing - those files need to stay in perfect sync whenever changes are made (adding or editing or moving), or the newest changes won't be found. Any desyncing is likely to cause crashes like you're experiencing.

You need to be very careful with this "feature" until it's officially supported. I really can't help too much until then except with general advice about this.

As to the fix for the random sort, please don't make it on startup only! I would prefer when switching sort modes, if nothing else. My solution ATM is to use a second instance of JavLuv in read-only mode to sort as random, then to copy the title and paste it into the primary instance, which I can then open up the details for, make changes, surf around, etc, all while keeping the original randomized list intact.

The randomized list feature is otherwise fabulous for everyday browsing of the collection, though!

Yeah, I think I can do when switching modes.

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
Remember, the laptop is supposed to be read-only mode. i.e. no scanning or editing of any sort. To sync them after making changes from your primary machine, you need to copy from primary machines' settings folder to the laptop's settings folder. It's not just a one-time thing - those files need to stay in perfect sync whenever changes are made (adding or editing or moving), or the newest changes won't be found. Any desyncing is likely to cause crashes like you're experiencing.

You need to be very careful with this "feature" until it's officially supported. I really can't help too much until then except with general advice about this.

Yeah, I think I can do when switching modes.
Oh so you mean even moving files is not permitted in read-only mode? I had assumed that only changes to the actress info database was what wouldn't get updated across machines.

I figured moving a file would be recognized by the NFO, no? Perhaps a better question to ask would be, Where is the "which folder is a movie stored in" info located, anyway?

While I'm on that topic, a related question about file searches. I seem to recall a while back that searching the machine's file structure was supported in the search box.

What I would like to be able to do is to show a search result for, say, every folder that I have labeled as "schoolgirl". Since I categorize and store my movies partially by character, then situation, I have multiple folders named "schoolgirl" then each different folder is further refined with additional text, like "schoolgirl - classroom" or "schoolgirl - apartment", you get the idea.

I'd like to be able to type D:/Jav/schoolgirl* or something like that, and have JavLuv display my entire collection of films in the all of the "schoogirl" folders at once.

Is something like this already possible? Or maybe some less-robust version of such a search ability?

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
New issue for me. I tried to scan a folder with 90 movies but it got "stuck" on the 19th movie and froze. Any suggestions?

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
New issue: Trying to scan new movies and freezing. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot (169).png
    Screenshot (169).png
    2.2 MB · Views: 48

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
New issue for me. I tried to scan a folder with 90 movies but it got "stuck" on the 19th movie and froze. Any suggestions?
Ive had an issue where I have many folders on the root of a external drive and If one of the folders has anything other than video or .nfo or JPGs in it then it will simply fail all scans unless I tell it to scan each folder one by one. Ill eventually move them all out of folders now thanks to the Life Saving JavLuv :)

Id check the file and if its just the one movie then load it into AviDemux (Free) and repack it to MKV and that should cure it, its lossless.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Oh so you mean even moving files is not permitted in read-only mode? I had assumed that only changes to the actress info database was what wouldn't get updated across machines.

I figured moving a file would be recognized by the NFO, no? Perhaps a better question to ask would be, Where is the "which folder is a movie stored in" info located, anyway?

Nfo files are there only as permanent storage. Unless you remove them from the library and re-scan, they're almost never read, only written to. This is because it takes a very long time to read thousands of small files, where reading and writing to the cache is very quick.

You can't move movies on the disk without letting JavLuv know about it, at least re-scanning so it knows where they moved to. Technically speaking, it MAY work to rescan from your laptop, as long as no new actresses are found, but it's hard for me to guarantee stuff like that when I haven't tested this scenario out. The safest way is to just periodically sync the settings folders.

While I'm on that topic, a related question about file searches. I seem to recall a while back that searching the machine's file structure was supported in the search box.

What I would like to be able to do is to show a search result for, say, every folder that I have labeled as "schoolgirl". Since I categorize and store my movies partially by character, then situation, I have multiple folders named "schoolgirl" then each different folder is further refined with additional text, like "schoolgirl - classroom" or "schoolgirl - apartment", you get the idea.

I'd like to be able to type D:/Jav/schoolgirl* or something like that, and have JavLuv display my entire collection of films in the all of the "schoogirl" folders at once.

Is something like this already possible? Or maybe some less-robust version of such a search ability?

Yes, searching by path is already available. If you want exclusively "\schoolgirl - apartment", be sure to search with quotes included. Adding a backslash at the front will also help to distinguish it from other search terms

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
New issue: Trying to scan new movies and freezing. Any ideas?

Might be due to the changes made to JavLibrary. I'd avoid scanning new movies for a few days until I can look into things and get them fixed. Hopefully won't be too long to get the scanner fixed.

Reactions: Not2srius

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Ive had an issue where I have many folders on the root of a external drive and If one of the folders has anything other than video or .nfo or JPGs in it then it will simply fail all scans unless I tell it to scan each folder one by one. Ill eventually move them all out of folders now thanks to the Life Saving JavLuv :)

Id check the file and if its just the one movie then load it into AviDemux (Free) and repack it to MKV and that should cure it, its lossless.
That's a bit hard to explain. Maybe there's some issue dealing with libraries directly off a drive root. Will have to investigate, but I'll have to deal with the more pressing issues of the broken scanner first.

maload

Jul 1, 2008
Error scanning file MIBD-126.jpg. MIBD-126 already exists in collection.
Folder: F:\3smalljav\Madoka Ozawa 小沢まどか Collection (1996-2003)\Madoka Ozawa - Hyper Digital Mosaic (MIBD-126)
Files: MIBD-126.jpg MIBD-126.mp4 MIBD-126.mp4.jpg

lot of this in the scan report
how can i prevent this kind of logs ?
so i can read the " other error "
is it possible for ignore this kind of error ?
because it not a big deal ( for me... ) ( files already exists in collection is good thing .. its not bad thing )
sorry if i have been asked this before ,,,.

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
Nfo files are there only as permanent storage. Unless you remove them from the library and re-scan, they're almost never read, only written to. This is because it takes a very long time to read thousands of small files, where reading and writing to the cache is very quick.

You can't move movies on the disk without letting JavLuv know about it, at least re-scanning so it knows where they moved to. Technically speaking, it MAY work to rescan from your laptop, as long as no new actresses are found, but it's hard for me to guarantee stuff like that when I haven't tested this scenario out. The safest way is to just periodically sync the settings folders.

Yes, searching by path is already available. If you want exclusively "\schoolgirl - apartment", be sure to search with quotes included. Adding a backslash at the front will also help to distinguish it from other search terms
OK great. So two questions:

1) Which settings folder? I'm only familiar with the actress folder that you told me about earlier.

2) Could I search a group of folders with the same prefix name by putting in the asterisk at the end? Would JavLuv recognize that? This would be ideal.

ED. I've had good success with using the backslash and quotes method of searching my system's file structure. It's excellent, in fact!
Since I sub-categorize most categories, it's very useful for finding specific genres - "Schoolgirl - apartment harem runaway" for example ;-) But it becomes a problem when wanting to view a larger list of similar characher movies all at once. Searching by file structure solves this brilliantly! i.e. searching "\schoolgirl" shows me ALL my schoolgirl titles at once, yet still allows me to keep them sorted in more narrowly labeled folders.

JavLuv keeps getting better and better!

Last edited:

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Error scanning file MIBD-126.jpg. MIBD-126 already exists in collection.
Folder: F:\3smalljav\Madoka Ozawa 小沢まどか Collection (1996-2003)\Madoka Ozawa - Hyper Digital Mosaic (MIBD-126)
Files: MIBD-126.jpg MIBD-126.mp4 MIBD-126.mp4.jpg

lot of this in the scan report
how can i prevent this kind of logs ?
so i can read the " other error "
is it possible for ignore this kind of error ?
because it not a big deal ( for me... ) ( files already exists in collection is good thing .. its not bad thing )
sorry if i have been asked this before ,,,.
It's telling you that you have duplicate movies in your collection. I just want to clarify... this is on purpose / you're okay with that?

It wouldn't be hard to optionally ignore the error, but just want to make sure you understand the implications of that. When I've scanned duplicates, I've always certainly wanted to know about it. Or, I've wanted to upgrade the movie if it looks to be a better version (like without a watermark, or higher resolution).

There are a few ways I could deal with this... will think about what makes the most sense.

Last edited:

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
OK great. So two questions:

1) Which settings folder? I'm only familiar with the actress folder that you told me about earlier.

By "settings folder", I mean all those files under username/AppData/Local/JavLuv Those folders and files should all by synced up,, except I guess the log file and /thumbnails subfolder. It's probably safer to just copy the entire thing, IMO.

2) Could I search a group of folders with the same prefix name by putting in the asterisk at the end? Would JavLuv recognize that? This would be ideal.

JavLuv doesn't recognize wildcards. But I'm not sure it's needed, because if you just type part of a name, it finds any partial match as well. Like, if you type "school", it finds "schoolgirls" as well.

ED. I've had good success with using the backslash and quotes method of searching my system's file structure. It's excellent, in fact!
Since I sub-categorize most categories, it's very useful for finding specific genres - "Schoolgirl - apartment harem runaway" for example ;-) But it becomes a problem when wanting to view a larger list of similar characher movies all at once. Searching by file structure solves this brilliantly! i.e. searching "\schoolgirl" shows me ALL my schoolgirl titles at once, yet still allows me to keep them sorted in more narrowly labeled folders.

Glad that's working out for you. It's kind of a handy-but-hidden feature.

JavLuv keeps getting better and better!

Well, I hope so. Have sunk quite a bit of time into it over the last few months. Just need to figure out what's breaking in the scanner for the next patch.

Last edited:
Reactions: weppin

maload

Jul 1, 2008
It's telling you that you have duplicate movies in your collection. I just want to clarify... this is on purpose / you're okay with that?

It wouldn't be hard to optionally ignore the error, but just want to make sure you understand the implications of that. When I've scanned duplicates, I've always certainly wanted to know about it. Or, I've wanted to upgrade the movie if it looks to be a better version (like without a watermark, or higher resolution).

There are a few ways I could deal with this... will think about what makes the most sense.
thank you

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022

Well, I've been doing some maintenance on my collection to try to week out dupes. Sometimes the issue is that I will download a movie, then see an uncensored version, and then see a sub-titled version! I tried to figure out which one was my preference. I notice that JavLuv will pick up all versions so one option is to simply keep them all. I did pick up about 320 GB of space!

That being said, the bigger deal is to replace a lower-resolution movie with a higher-resolution version. I notice that is one of the new features and that JavLuv will query you as to whether you wish to replace. Personally, I would like the option that once that query is made, there is a check box to "replace all lower resolution with higher resolution version." I'm lazy and like the global replacement. I suppose there could also be an option to "replace all lower resolution with higher resolution and delete lower resolution."