JavLuv JAV Browser

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
Published a new version of JavLuv just now, v1.1.16

I do have a couple more issues, though. Most of all, the actress list on the movie detail screen needs some sort of scrollable window or something. Even on my big 4k monitor, I have to maximize Javluv to see all the actresses in a very big movie, like an "omnibus", with a dozen or so actresses.

Doing that on my old laptop with its 1080 screen is impossible. There's just no way to see every actress listed. I love that feature and use it a lot, even when just viewing, and not editing data.

I've tweaked the algorithm to calculate how many actress images are shown for a given number of actresses. Additionally, the movie info now scrolls if necessary.

One other small thing is, I'd like Javluv to support "double-click to select all" in a text field. I do a LOT of copy/pasting of text - movie ID's, actress names, etc - and having to click and swipe to select text all the time for text strings as short as a movie ID is pretty cumbersome and clumsy.

It's more traditional for that to be assigned to a triple-click action, so that's what I've implemented. The UI framework I'm using doesn't do that by default, but I was able to add this as a default behavior.

A few notable changes:

Calculating resolution has been reworked. I wanted to add resolution-specific features, so it needed to be incorporated a bit tighter into everything. Previously, movie resolution was only calculated when you first looked at movie details. Now it's calculated when scanning a new movie. For existing collections, there's a process that runs in the background to periodically update resolutions over time to ensure it's calculated for the entire collection.

Now that resolution is available for all movies in the collection, this allowed me to implement two new functions. The obvious one is that you can now sort by resolution (largest to smallest), something @Not2srius recently requested.

But another big one is that during scanning, JavLuv can now optionally replace existing movies with ones of equal or larger resolutions. I was getting tired of manually upgrading my movies with improved resolutions or versions without watermarks (which I've been posting recently). It's now very easy to do this. I've made it optional (although ON by default), because technically, this is a destructive operation. If you don't feel comfortable allowing JavLuv to automatically replace your movies, you can turn this feature off. There's a new checkbox in the Scan dialog for you to do this.

One last minor feature: you can right click and copy all selected movies to a list on the clipboard. This will let you share a list of your movies with others. I've occasionally wanted to do this, and this makes it simple to do so. The list is sorted by ID, and then shows resolution, and finally the title (up to 160 characters).

In case you weren't aware, JavLuv also has another feature for sharing movies. If you look at the recent movies I've posted, the text for posting movies here is copied to the clipboard using a right-click command in the movie detail view. Just right-click anywhere outside of the cover image. The only text I add manually is the type or absence of a watermark, which people like to know about.

Example: https://www.akiba-online.com/threads/lezule-collection-lzxx-xxx.1207989/post-4618175

Last edited:

Gaara9449

Lost in JAVslation
Mar 25, 2010
Ok @TmpGuy You are a Jav prophet given to us by the pervert God, to spread is love by your amazing creation !

But.... "Houston we have a problem !"
I'm just learning how to use JavLuv the proper way so, I hope a similar case as not been solved allready.

I personaly organize my folders by actress and in this folder, each movies are in is own folder along with the right cover.
In order to discover and try all the tools JavLuv has to offer I have used it only on my smallest actress folder with 5 movies (so 5 folders).

"Hiyori Yoshioka"

Everything goes perfectly fine when i scanned my "Hiyori Yoshioka" folder for 4 of my movie folders, but the fifth one refuse to get right.
The movie code is [FSDSS-270] but JavLuv get... [AT-090] out of nowhere, when scanning it.
Is there something i do wrong ? and how can i got the right metadata ?

Many Thanks again for your awsome work !

Attachments

• Right [FSDSS-270].jpg
    Right [FSDSS-270].jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Wrong [FSDSS-270].jpg
    Wrong [FSDSS-270].jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 56

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Ok @TmpGuy You are a Jav prophet given to us by the pervert God, to spread is love by your amazing creation !

But.... "Houston we have a problem !"
I'm just learning how to use JavLuv the proper way so, I hope a similar case as not been solved allready.

I personaly organize my folders by actress and in this folder, each movies are in is own folder along with the right cover.
In order to discover and try all the tools JavLuv has to offer I have used it only on my smallest actress folder with 5 movies (so 5 folders).

"Hiyori Yoshioka"

Everything goes perfectly fine when i scanned my "Hiyori Yoshioka" folder for 4 of my movie folders, but the fifth one refuse to get right.
The movie code is [FSDSS-270] but JavLuv get... [AT-090] out of nowhere, when scanning it.
Is there something i do wrong ? and how can i got the right metadata ?

Many Thanks again for your awsome work !

JavLuv is sort of picky about folder and filenames. If you have a filename with "at105" anywhere in it, it's going to interpret that as the ID to use. I can't think of any other reasons it would ask for the completely incorrect metadata like that, but it's hard to say definitively.

Could you send me your log file? In Settings, down near the bottom of the page, there's a button to zip up and copy the JavLuv log,. You can attach the zip file here in this thread or send it to me personally and I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what happened.

Gaara9449

Lost in JAVslation
Mar 25, 2010
JavLuv is sort of picky about folder and filenames. If you have a filename with "at105" anywhere in it, it's going to interpret that as the ID to use. I can't think of any other reasons it would ask for the completely incorrect metadata like that, but it's hard to say definitively.

Could you send me your log file? In Settings, down near the bottom of the page, there's a button to zip up and copy the JavLuv log,. You can attach the zip file here in this thread or send it to me personally and I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what happened.
No need for further investigations, you was right, The movie title is "Gang bang At 90% Male Technical School Where Schoolgirl Turned Down The Teachers And The Students" i have renamed it to make disapear the "90%" part thinking the special caracter was the trouble-maker.

And that was it ! Funny thing is, JavLuv uses "90%" back in the title it get from the net. lol

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
@TmpGuy, thats's a great feature "JavLuv can now optionally replace existing movies with ones of equal or larger resolutions" !!!

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
No need for further investigations, you was right, The movie title is "Gang bang At 90% Male Technical School Where Schoolgirl Turned Down The Teachers And The Students" i have renamed it to make disapear the "90%" part thinking the special caracter was the trouble-maker.

And that was it ! Funny thing is, JavLuv uses "90%" back in the title it get from the net. lol

Technically, you can see it picks up "At 90" as the first valid ID ("at-105" is one of my own movies... whoops. Must have made a mental substitution there). Just for completeness, where was the actual movie ID embedded? This seems like JavLuv was being a bit overly-aggressive in trying to suss out an ID when there was probably one labeled more clearly elsewhere.

Come to think of it, it seems like that % character should actually have worked to exclude that as a valid ID. I'll double-check that, as it seems like a bug. It's kind of a tricky problem, trying to find that movie ID in a wide variety of situations, but not being so permissive as to give false positives like this.

Anyhow, glad you figured it out.

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
Thanks @TmpGuy for so quickly and proactively making updates and improvements to JavLuv! It's great to use and I'm finding that managing my JAV collection is becoming a relaxing hobby, oddly enough!

Another idea for JavLuv, this one regarding the "play random movie" feature:

Would it be possible to simply add a "sort movies randomly" option to the "sort by" dropdown menu?

I think that would be cool as hell. I would leave it on as the default sort method, and I would love to be able to anticipate an entirely different set of movies showing up at the top of the image list every time I opened JavLuv!

Also being able to re-trigger it simply by reselecting it with the program open would allow for very quick random browsing - needed when you've got thousands of movies in your collection!

Gaara9449

Lost in JAVslation
Mar 25, 2010
Technically, you can see it picks up "At 90" as the first valid ID ("at-105" is one of my own movies... whoops. Must have made a mental substitution there). Just for completeness, where was the actual movie ID embedded? This seems like JavLuv was being a bit overly-aggressive in trying to suss out an ID when there was probably one labeled more clearly elsewhere.

Come to think of it, it seems like that % character should actually have worked to exclude that as a valid ID. I'll double-check that, as it seems like a bug. It's kind of a tricky problem, trying to find that movie ID in a wide variety of situations, but not being so permissive as to give false positives like this.

Anyhow, glad you figured it out.
For your completness on this case, here is how i Label and organize my folders.

You already know I do Folders for the actress i follow/likes and a folder for each movie
but the way i Label my movie folders, movie files and cover is the thing that can create some troubles here and there.

Here an exemple from one of my Julia's Movies

I use the movie title for the folder and put the code in the end "Married Woman Forced to Expose Herself. [MIDE-008]"
I copy-paste it on the video and image files i put inside the folder.
When titles are too long i shorten them myself a bit if needed.

I Know it would be better to put the [ID-CODE] before the title, but i don't like it... don't know why thats bugs me lol

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
@TmpGuy, thats's a great feature "JavLuv can now optionally replace existing movies with ones of equal or larger resolutions" !!!

Yep, I'm fond of it too. I'm replacing a bunch of my lower-res or watermarked movies with clean, HD versions, and this is making things a ton easier for me. Although the bug @Gaara9449 just found with the mis-identified movie ID made me realize how terrible an idea this was without a confirmation dialog box for safety - it would completely suck to accidentally overwrite the wrong movie! So I've published a new version that asks confirmation for each movie to overwrite.

Thanks @TmpGuy for so quickly and proactively making updates and improvements to JavLuv! It's great to use and I'm finding that managing my JAV collection is becoming a relaxing hobby, oddly enough!

Another idea for JavLuv, this one regarding the "play random movie" feature:

Would it be possible to simply add a "sort movies randomly" option to the "sort by" dropdown menu?

I think that would be cool as hell. I would leave it on as the default sort method, and I would love to be able to anticipate an entirely different set of movies showing up at the top of the image list every time I opened JavLuv!

Also being able to re-trigger it simply by reselecting it with the program open would allow for very quick random browsing - needed when you've got thousands of movies in your collection!

Easy enough, and sounds like fun. I'll add it to the list.

For your completness on this case, here is how i Label and organize my folders.

You already know I do Folders for the actress i follow/likes and a folder for each movie
but the way i Label my movie folders, movie files and cover is the thing that can create some troubles here and there.

Here an exemple from one of my Julia's Movies

I use the movie title for the folder and put the code in the end "Married Woman Forced to Expose Herself. [MIDE-008]"
I copy-paste it on the video and image files i put inside the folder.
When titles are too long i shorten them myself a bit if needed.

I Know it would be better to put the [ID-CODE] before the title, but i don't like it... don't know why thats bugs me lol

Fair enough, we each have our quirks and preferences. IMO, there's no reason JavLuv shouldn't have identified your movie's ID with such a clear and unambiguous identifier, so I'm treating this as a bug. Thanks for bring it to my attention.

Once you're comfortable with JavLuv's handling of your library, it should be able to replicate that organizational structure easily enough using it's automatic move / rename feature.

Reactions: mei2 and weppin

ao-ch987

Dec 27, 2022
This is an amazing project and well done!

Two things:

1) There seems to be an issue with movies from Studio TMA. Many TMA titles have ID codes that begin with "T28" rather than a standard three or four letter code (i.e. their videos have codes like "T28-602") and all of these videos have been merged into a single entry for a non-existent video with id code "T-28." I'm sure I could manually fix all of these titles, but would be great if these codes would be recognized by the parser.

2) Can you explain a bit what the "Auto Import" feature actually does? Does this just mean that if you have multiple files in your library with the same ID you will get a prompt to overwrite/delete the lower quality version from your library?

Reactions: weppin

weppin

Sep 11, 2008

Two things:

1) There seems to be an issue with movies from Studio TMA. Many TMA titles have ID codes that begin with "T28" rather than a standard three or four letter code (i.e. their videos have codes like "T28-602") and all of these videos have been merged into a single entry for a non-existent video with id code "T-28." I'm sure I could manually fix all of these titles, but would be great if these codes would be recognized by the parser.
I have had the same problem. Honestly I don't see a way to separate the titles out since they are all bundled up into a single title.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013

Two things:

Great timing. I'm just now reworking the ID parser to make it more robust, to fix errors like @Gaara9449 was seeing. I think I must have broken support for those with an earlier change, because I have a couple of movies from that studio in my collection. I'll get that fixed in the next version and add those to the test suite to avoid future regressions.

If anyone knows of any other oddball ID codes that don't parse correctly, let me know and I'll add them to the testing/fixing list. I've already spotted some 360 movies with an ID starting with "3DSVR", so I'll need to add an exception for those as well.

Also, I'm already aware that Caribbean movies have a completely different code type. I've got a separate task to eventually add support for these.

2) Can you explain a bit what the "Auto Import" feature actually does? Does this just mean that if you have multiple files in your library with the same ID you will get a prompt to overwrite/delete the lower quality version from your library?

Sure thing. Previously, if you scan a new movie file and it already existed in your library, you'd get an error "ID xxx-yyy was already found in collection". Now, if that option is enabled, you'll get a prompt to overwrite your existing movie file(s) with the new movie you're importing if the new movie's resolution is the same or better. This makes it much easier to upgrade a movie to a better resolution, or replace a watermarked movie with a clean version - both of which I've been doing a lot of recently. Obviously, some care is required so you don't accidentally clobber your movies with something you didn't mean to.

Prior to this feature, to upgrade a movie, you'd need to find the correct folder, drop the new movie in, make sure the old movie was deleted, go to the browser view, right-click and select Rescan files. Not terrible, but sort of a pain.

If you uncheck this box (in case you're concerned about JavLuv accidentally deleting the wrong files or something), it will behave like previously and always report an error if you try scanning a file with an ID already in the collection.

Reactions: ao-ch987

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I have had the same problem. Honestly I don't see a way to separate the titles out since they are all bundled up into a single title.

Yeah, you'll need to rescan those movies once the ID parser is fixed. As long as you have the movies, you can regenerate the metadata easily enough.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Okay, v1.1.18 has a significantly improved parser backed by new regression tests. It shouldn't commit parsing mistakes like @Gaara9449 saw previously @ao-ch987 , @weppin , T28-### movies are now supported properly as well. Also, sorting movies randomly is now a thing, for those that enjoy a little unpredictability in their lives.

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
The update dialogue box for the version 1.1.18 didn't open automatically for me when I opened JavLuv this time. Also I couldn't easily find it on the link provided in the bottom corner! I had to go back to your first post in this thread to get to the downloads page. Did the update-version prompt break or was this just a glitch?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
The update dialogue box for the version 1.1.18 didn't open automatically for me when I opened JavLuv this time. Also I couldn't easily find it on the link provided in the bottom corner! I had to go back to your first post in this thread to get to the downloads page. Did the update-version prompt break or was this just a glitch?
JavLuv only checks for updates once every 24 hours. It would have let you know in due time.

Reactions: weppin

dud

Mar 22, 2007
Just rescanned with version 1.1.18 and it downloaded some titles in Japanese. All other details are in English tough.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Just rescanned with version 1.1.18 and it downloaded some titles in Japanese. All other details are in English tough.
Interesting. Could you check your language in Settings and make sure it didn't somehow get switched to Japanese? Sorry for the "is your computer plugged in" sort of question, but I have to ask.

If not, send me the IDs of the movies this happened to and I'll see if I can reproduce the issue. It could be that they couldn't be found in the main online scraping targets (JavLibrary or JavDatabase). My scraping target of last resort sometimes has content in Japanese instead of English for some reason, so it could be that as well.