JavLuv JAV Browser

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
JavLuv should now properly scan movies in a single folder, and will automatically download and save a cover image if it doesn't exist when it's downloading metadata.

Windows installer:
https://filejoker.net/ac6urer8pd6p/Setup_JavLuv.msi

Portable/zipped files:
https://filejoker.net/3uiwxopl79bd/JavLuv.zip

Let me know how these new features work.
I tried the portable version: scanning single folder with 51 files. It crashes. It does show scanning / downloading metadada 51/51 and then it crashes. I haven't tried single file in single folder.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I tried the portable version: scanning single folder with 51 files. It crashes. It does show scanning / downloading metadada 51/51 and then it crashes. I haven't tried single file in single folder.

Hmm, that's not good. Any other info you can tell me would be useful in trying to figure this out.

Does it actually download cover images and metadata for each movie (.nfo files) before it crashes? What was the exact message when it crashed? Are you running Windows 10 or some other OS?

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
Hmm, that's not good. Any other info you can tell me would be useful in trying to figure this out.

Does it actually download cover images and metadata for each movie (.nfo files) before it crashes? What was the exact message when it crashed? Are you running Windows 10 or some other OS?
It does download the nfo and jpg files. It actually does a good job with that --it looks to be able to do that mch faster than JavMovieScraper. I run Windows 10 latest update x64, AMD Zen and a lot of RAM. I usually don't have any issues with any apps.
I checked again now and it does look that the app quits gracefully after it has done the downloading. At least the OS doesn't think that the app has crashed.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
It does download the nfo and jpg files. It actually does a good job with that --it looks to be able to do that mch faster than JavMovieScraper. I run Windows 10 latest update x64, AMD Zen and a lot of RAM. I usually don't have any issues with any apps.
I checked again now and it does look that the app quits gracefully after it has done the downloading. At least the OS doesn't think that the app has crashed.

I've uploaded a new diagnostic version of JavLuv that may catch and display any error that slips through. Let me know if it shows an error dialog, and if so, I'd appreciate it if you could take a screenshot and post it. That might help lead me to what's going wrong.

https://filejoker.net/tkf3yhppdlhs/JavLuv_diag.zip

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Brilliant, this is exactly what I needed. Thanks for posting this. I'll dig into this tomorrow and should hopefully have a fix soon.

Reactions: Shinto1337

Shinto1337

oi! :D
Apr 12, 2016
Brilliant, this is exactly what I needed. Thanks for posting this. I'll dig into this tomorrow and should hopefully have a fix soon.
thanks for beeing so active. I will try it out after the weekend because my gf gets triggered if I watch jav haha

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Reactions: tumkar

nicejav

Nov 14, 2012
quite interesting. I would think better to limit the number of videos in a folder.

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
Reactions: TmpGuy

Shinto1337

oi! :D
Apr 12, 2016
I just tried it and its perfect. It scaned really fast, I can write certain tags on the search option and it works smoothly. Damn dude we need to push this thread to the top:D
Maybe an option to filter through 2 or more tags would be cool. But even as it is its perfect for me. Thanks a lot

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Maybe an option to filter through 2 or more tags would be cool. But even as it is its perfect for me. Thanks a lot

Glad to hear things are working better now.

As far as searching multiple tags... You can search multiple tags now. If you type tag1 tag2 it implicitly searches for "tag1" AND "tag2". Did you mean an option to search "tag1" OR "tag2"?

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
Glad to hear things are working better now.

As far as searching multiple tags... You can search multiple tags now. If you type tag1 tag2 it implicitly searches for "tag1" AND "tag2". Did you mean an option to search "tag1" OR "tag2"?
Good job mate!
May be also a function to rename the files according to the metadata in nfo?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Good job mate!
May be also a function to rename the files according to the metadata in nfo?
Thanks! Yeah, I've been considering adding a function to rename / organize files. I wanted to first make sure the basics were working properly before I started piling on too many features.

If anyone has some specific ideas how you'd like your own collection to be renamed, feel free to describe it, and I'll try to figure out how to incorporate those ideas into the upcoming feature. No promises on a timeline, as my winter vacation is over, so I'm once again limited to after hours work on this project.

Reactions: Shinto1337

tumkar

May 23, 2009
This is simply amazing! You deserve some kind of award for this. And yes it should be the first thing on the front page.

Reactions: weppin

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
Thanks! Yeah, I've been considering adding a function to rename / organize files. I wanted to first make sure the basics were working properly before I started piling on too many features.

If anyone has some specific ideas how you'd like your own collection to be renamed, feel free to describe it, and I'll try to figure out how to incorporate those ideas into the upcoming feature. No promises on a timeline, as my winter vacation is over, so I'm once again limited to after hours work on this project.
I think this post has some good ideas for renaming:

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I think this post has some good ideas for renaming:
Javinizer was pretty much the inspiration for JavLuv, except I wanted it to be much more user-friendly to install and use. I like their idea of using special format strings to create a customized sorting structure, so I'll probably do something similar. I've got a pretty good idea of how that could work.

One question I have though: Javinizer allows you to use Actresses during folder renaming. That makes sense for movies with a single featured actress. For example, you could create a folder with all Yui Hatano's movies. But how does it work with two or more actresses in a single movie? What happens in an omnibus film with a dozen actresses? It seems like that wouldn't work very well for certain types of movies.