JAV becomes boring and I lost a desire to watch

NTR_Expert

New Member
Dec 2, 2025
13
13
3
38
Hi everyone,

I have been watching JAV since 2009, and even my wife used to enjoy some of the movies, especially the NTR ones. But 2026 has been the worst year for JAV, particularly when it comes to NTR, cheating, and “real housewife” stories. The content feels completely repetitive. The direction is almost nonexistent, and the major storylines that used to make these movies interesting are no longer there. Studios like Madonna, Attackers, and JET keep producing the same boring series with plots that would never realistically happen.

I even asked my wife, “Would you cheat on me with my boss in exchange for a nude photo session?” She said, “That’s not how a married woman would get into an affair.” And honestly, I agree. Some of these stories are just ridiculous.

Looking at it from another angle, the filming environment, lighting, camera work, and even the scenes themselves have become predictable and repetitive. JAV now feels like it is increasingly mimicking Western porn. I don't know why things have gotten so much worse, but this year I've mostly found myself going back and watching older movies from JET, SOD, and Nagae. Those older productions still feel much more interesting and memorable to me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cicoli
Same here. On top of lazy gimmick formulas, the girls all come with "modern beauty enhancement" I'm not talking about just the face, most of them come with obvious boob jobs. Like you said, it's just like Western porn. The best decade of JAV was around 2000-2010 imo. You were excited to have finish your torrent downloads and there were quality rippers like user Nike. Then everything went to shit with ads and watermarks. Every group had to get in on it for profit. Honest pirates stop being pirates.
 
i think jav now aday have many cusomer.they target what thier buyer want.
i am luckly because there is orgy gangbang sex nowaday'

i really hate ntr ,o my god,hateeeeeee.

but i love last scene,1 women wthmanymen, i skip all moves part for this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ramp_it_up
For me, the JAV from the early 2000s was more inventive. They had different plot twists, and put the idols in more ineventive situations. Today, ifthey are mature, they are the same tired situations- over-sexed mother, aunt, stepmother, etc. You can almost predict what is going to happen.
 
The constant NTR plots just made me not care about most JAV post-2020. I preferred just having straightforward sex scenes as I was never too into plot driven AV. I still get a lot of enjoyment out of the old stuff I already downloaded.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NTR_Expert
The lack of centralization and the absolute surplus of porn studios/independent film makers - not to mention the absolute surplus culture of girls in Japan had, ironically, the same effect that the exact opposite of those conditions provided in the West.

With OnlyFans really taking off in the West - any girl who was an 8 or higher was just, quite frankly, never to be seen in traditional porn. Many, if not most studios, either shut down or went a severely limiting production schedule. That forced not only some innovation in the field - but the absolute maxing out of every possible opportunity when presented. If a 9 walked into the studio - all hands were on deck to make one of the best porn shoots ever shot - simply because it was such a rarity and missing such an opportunity would be criminal.

I can't count the number of scenes I've watched in JAV where at least one of the following happens:

- Shitty camera angles that no sensible person would ever shoot - I'm getting an off-kilter shot of just the girl's hairy pussy and the guy's micro-dick going into it - and I can't see the girl's face - or even tell what direction up is in the shot. A whole series of camera angles and positions where it becomes obvious that an amateur porn is being shot - and that the camera has absolutely no fucking idea what they're doing.

- Horrible lighting - just can't make out any details from the girl - and so many times everything is just bathed in this oppressive, omni-present orange. Like, what the fuck guys. Learn how to use a fucking lighting set.

- Forty minutes of fucking dialogue. Like, I get it, story is important to the Japanese, but what the fuck is going on here? Are people sitting down to watch this thing like it's an actual Hollywood movie? If we're reaching the fifteen minute mark and the girl isn't fully undressed yet - there's a fucking problem.

- Either "studs" who are either way too aggressive or way too meek. It doesn't seem like any Japanese dude can just be "normal" and completely lay some pipe into the girl. He's either acting like this is his only chance to have sex for the next five hundred years - or a complete masochistic pig. The "role-play" as it were never seems to elevate itself above or beyond the hackneyed high-school level drama class - or film shot by friends - and to be fair, expecting non-Meyer Oscar performances may be a tad unrealistic - but if you're going to be spending an hour of the film talking - could we get a character that's a bit more evolved than a basic stereotype? And if not - and that's okay - just don't make the story have an hour on screen.

- The disappearance of lolis and bukkake. Two of the things that are the most "stereotypical Japanese" performance expectations seem to have disappeared from the scene at large. Probably because of the cost of getting that many guys together - and the seemingly innocuous backdoor entry of Western woke-ness into Japanese media as a whole.

The girls themselves still seem to be 100 times cuter, more genuine, and actually natural than their Western counterparts. If you want to see what the typical Western chick looks like that enters a porn studio - feast your eyes on this creature from the sea:

ArrrrrgggghMeMatey_restored.jpeg

Japanese girls are still in a league completely separated from what the West has to endure.

If only we could have Western production standards and "getting to the point faster than at the 90 minute mark" alongside Japanese girls - we'd be doing alright.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cicoli
I think you won't find any disagreement here about amateur porn camera angles. Most of the time all you see is the guy's ass blocking the girl.
 
A lot of movie series stopped, and a lot of studios became defunct and started selling compilations; I know studios just change names, but I haven't seen anything new recently. Companies changed distribution schedules. I loved watching debut movies along with the first movies that come out before they start doing series. Back then, a woman could debut and have at least 3 movies in a month, but now they have one movie a month. Then, when you get into them, they quit. JAV doesn't hit like the R18 days before credit card companies started fucking with it. I honestly believe American porn companies got jealous and blocked JAV because now American porn is step this and step that, freeuse, and all other JAV genres before it was just hardcore gonzo. My peak JAV years were 2017 to 2021, but I’m mostly into JAV from 2013-ish to 2021
 
  • Like
Reactions: NTR_Expert