JAV at 480p quality

chengdecoi

May 22, 2012
Sorry to ask but why recently i can't find JAV videos at 480p, they only upload at 360p and HD quality.
Why they upload at 360p instead of 480p. The quality is so bad :( and HD quality is just so big to store :(
Please share me some sources to download JAV nowaday.
Many thanks

Last edited:

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
360p vs 480p has nothing to do with quality*. It is how the encoding is done. Bitrate and other settings (mainly bitrate) can produce bad picture quality if it is too low in relation to the amount of movement on screen. A low bitrate can be used if the video is just a static view of a wall or flower or even a person that isn’t moving. Higher bitrates are required for motion, even higher bitrates for faster motion. This is the key principal to Variable bitrates.

What is most likely happening is that people out there are trying to be the first to get titles in the wild (WITH all of theirs ads and garbage!) before the other guy, so they probably encode as fast as they can with lower bitrates to produce smaller files (because usually fast encoding settings use high bitrates producing larger files).

* but that depends on how you view them. You can have perfect looking pictures of both 360p and 480p when viewed at their respective resolutions but when blown up to your 1080p (or higher!) resolution monitor, yes, the 480p will have a slightly better looking picture than the 360p.

Reactions: Supmop

cavarra

Jul 7, 2011
Easier solution, just download the HD version and re-encode it using a video converter. I do it occasionally (in 540p) for titles I don't care enough to have them in FHD. I use Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate, it is very fast and the outcome is pretty decent.

Last edited:
Reactions: EroMura777

pikuseru

Jul 27, 2015
When converting from HD to SD, it's better to use slower speed to increase quality and reduce file size. Higher speed will mean less quality and larger files.

I watch SD (480p), but I always download HD and make my own SD version using Handbrake because I don't trust other people to do it properly, for the reasons Casshern2 mentioned.

GekkoE7

javdesu.com
Aug 31, 2009
@chengdecoi

Send me the list of codes, I will re-encode to SD. I am already posting re-encodes when HD comes out. Removing start and end ad parts depends on source.

So if you cant find 480p, let me know. If HD/DVD/BluRay is available, I will post 480p for sure. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Supmop

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
@chengdecoi

Send me the list of codes, I will re-encode to SD. I am already posting re-encodes when HD comes out. Removing start and end ad parts depends on source.

So if you cant find 480p, let me know. If HD/DVD/BluRay is available, I will post 480p for sure. :)

wow, very nice offer :)

can I ask for your helps too ?

chengdecoi

May 22, 2012
360p vs 480p has nothing to do with quality*. It is how the encoding is done. Bitrate and other settings (mainly bitrate) can produce bad picture quality if it is too low in relation to the amount of movement on screen. A low bitrate can be used if the video is just a static view of a wall or flower or even a person that isn’t moving. Higher bitrates are required for motion, even higher bitrates for faster motion. This is the key principal to Variable bitrates.

What is most likely happening is that people out there are trying to be the first to get titles in the wild (WITH all of theirs ads and garbage!) before the other guy, so they probably encode as fast as they can with lower bitrates to produce smaller files (because usually fast encoding settings use high bitrates producing larger files).

* but that depends on how you view them. You can have perfect looking pictures of both 360p and 480p when viewed at their respective resolutions but when blown up to your 1080p (or higher!) resolution monitor, yes, the 480p will have a slightly better looking picture than the 360p.
Thanks for the information. What I mean is it not the 360p or 480p, SD version seems to decline quality nowaday :( you make some clear point for me.
But I still confuse why some popular uploader choose to decline their quality when they upload very fast in the past and why others can upload slower but with better quality, they still can attract downloaders. Even if I wait for months I still can not find better SD quality.
And one more problem we seem to not have many uploaders nowadays
@chengdecoi

Very appriciate your offer but I don't have the exactly list, my demand just came by when i see cover or check release list. Can you tell me where i can download your post.
Many Thanks

Last edited:

chengdecoi

May 22, 2012
Easier solution, just download the HD version and re-encode it using a video converter. I do it occasionally (in 540p) for titles I don't care enough to have them in FHD. I use Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate, it is very fast and the outcome is pretty decent.
When converting from HD to SD, it's better to use slower speed to increase quality and reduce file size. Higher speed will mean less quality and larger files.

I watch SD (480p), but I always download HD and make my own SD version using Handbrake because I don't trust other people to do it properly, for the reasons Casshern2 mentioned.
Thanks for the suggestion :)

nicander

Sep 9, 2009
I have tried to re-encode some videos using handbrake. While most of them were successfully done, some videos stuck while i tried to encode them like the percentage isn't progressing at all but handbrake still running.

Anyone can tell me how to fix it?