Japanese AV database

LordOfThePigs

Feb 11, 2011
Hello,

does any of you know if there is such a thing as an exhaustive database of japanese AV? I'm not really interested in sites that give you download links or torrents, but merely an analog to anidb.net for anime, or imdb.com for movies. Just something that has a list of actresses, production companies, movies etc... and with all those pieces cross referenced to make it easy to find all movies in which an actress has played, or all movies produced by a studio.

Does such a thing exist?

And if it doesn't, would there be significant interest for it?

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
There are 4-5 threads in the last 3 months in this area alone. Maybe wanna try using the search button in regards to that. There are databases, but none that comprise of EVERY AV star just like IMDB doesn't list EVERY movie star and how Demonoid doesn't have EVERY movie (going against popular belief)

aniking_8

Aug 1, 2008
If you got a specific av models then try look up their contracted companies like profile of this model at s1, max-a,...

LordOfThePigs

Feb 11, 2011
DMM looks nice, but unfortunately, I can't really read japanese so navigating it is a little hard. Thanks for the link anyway.

Otherwise, I've tried searching in the forums, but my google-fu (and my phpbb-fu) must not be as good as it used to be, because I didn't find anything along the lines of what I'm looking for.

JavFanatic

Sep 4, 2009
DMM looks nice, but unfortunately, I can't really read japanese so navigating it is a little hard. Thanks for the link anyway.

Otherwise, I've tried searching in the forums, but my google-fu (and my phpbb-fu) must not be as good as it used to be, because I didn't find anything along the lines of what I'm looking for.

Sorry about that.
Try this one.

http://www.actionjav.com/index.cfm

It's a download site, but its database is quite extensive, and in English. You can search by performer, and each one is reviewed.

tortex

Dec 31, 2009
I tend to use AsianScreens http://www.asianscreens.com/home.asp for "research".

I usually plug in a JAV code in the search box and most of the time it comes up or I can go to a specific actresses page and see her work.

It might not always be up-to-date or exhaustive but it may be another resource for you.