Japan: No Safe Country for Foreign Women

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
JFK would not agree..

Funny, JFK hasn't said a word since 1963....I don't expect him to chime in on this.

Thx for the info on MCA. I honestly don't remember the 90s' that well (or the 80s' for that matter....don't drug and drink!....constantly......nonstop....bad for your memory). While I was always aware of the music industry having corrrupt elements, (Nashville was famous for it), the entertainment industry as a whole has often been influenced and involved with mob elements from time to time (Joe E. Lewis! played by Sinatra in "The Joker is Wild"). But I wouldn't overstate their role in the music industries' affairs. While I am not surprised there were syndicate connections to MCA at onetime saying that they ran the company seems, even with the given information, a bit of an overstatement. Sounds more like they were just some leeches attached which is more the style of the Mafia. Sal Pisello was prosecuted and sentenced in LA, which is a fact left out of your summaries.

WillEater

Mar 13, 2008
In the "Industry" for longer than I should have been, it's "Common Knowledge" and accepted by all.

What you can't change, ignore..

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
In the "Industry" for longer than I should have been, it's "Common Knowledge" and accepted by all.

What you can't change, ignore..

Well....far be it for me to get all religious but there is a concept that helps me from time to time that I would share:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

Even if you are a non-believer there is wisdom to be had there. Acceptance can be confused with apathy but there is a distinct difference between the two. Acceptance is acknowledgement and Apathy is a lack of interest. You do not sound as if this is something you ignore but you do seem to be accepting of your limitations to change what is beyond your ability to control. I hope that sentiment is helpful.