Is filejoker as un-reliable as I hear?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

tonyz63

Jun 10, 2016
I use keep2share and zevera mainly but I wanted to give either filejoker or datafile a chance to see if they give me better limits than k2s (currently 20GB/day is the limit for k2s). But I was reading through some of the threads here in filehost discussion and see some "grumpy cat" comments about FJ.

I prefer the 2 I use as I can d just about everything from those 2 sites... But I'm always open to change. :)

I did try to like a thread today but got an error, saying I didn't have any fj links. I didn't think I would need a FJ link just to give a like to someone else's post...

Thank-you,

Anthony

_2old_

Love those pretty panties
Jun 29, 2010
Filejoker's download limits are as outdated as those used by K2S.

A vast majority of the files posted here as Filejoke exclusives will end up on other sites with better hosts sooner or later.

tonyz63

Jun 10, 2016
If that's the case then why have a rule where FJ links must be provided for new links? And why couldn't I like a thread without posting a FJ link? I have no problem with daily limits if they are known before I purchase from the site. But even k2s will reset with-in 18 hours of the 20GB being totally used up. I'm just trying to learn here, not start trouble.

pikuseru

Jul 27, 2015
I stopped downloading from Filejoker after they changed the coutndown timer so that it only does down if the window is the active window. If you switch to another tab or window, the time freezers. So the user is forced to sit and watch the timer as it goes down. There is absolutely no reason for this except spite. The people of Filejoker, I hope you are reading this: go fuck yourselves.

teenytinydik

Nov 24, 2008
Told me I'd hit premium download limit today of 40GB. No mention of how much limit is or for how long. 40GB a day, a week, a month?

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
40GB every 3 days

Reactions: teenytinydik

Senior Idol

May 29, 2008
I could not find any explanation of the 40 gb limit on the Filejoker website. When the window popped up telling me I had reached my limit, why was I not told to wait three days? Sending them an e-mail is, of course, useless. To be fair, their downloads are smooth and reliable, when you have access to them.

Senior Idol

Reactions: DLoren

teenytinydik

Nov 24, 2008
I sent them an email through their "contact us" button and I received a reply a day later I think. They reset me to zero but said they would only do that once. Here's their reply.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting File Joker.
We have reset your account download limit so you can start downloading, but please be advised that this can only be done once.
Please note that we have a download limit of 40Gb per any 3 consecutive days (72 hours). That means that you can download 40Gb of data within any 3 consecutive days. The limit is recalculated every 24 hours. This is not a monthly limit.
The amount of traffic needed to download any file is deducted from the total download allowance after you click the 'Create download link' button. It is therefore advised to not click this button if you are not going to download the file.
Thank you again for using our service, we hope you will enjoy it.
Please feel free to contact me at any time if you have any questions.

Reactions: CoolKevin

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
The amount of traffic needed to download any file is deducted from the total download allowance after you click the 'Create download link' button. It is therefore advised to not click this button if you are not going to download the file.
What that means, for those that don't know, is if you click a link that points to a 20GB file, then 100MB into the download you decide not to continue...you may have only used 100MB of your bandwidth...but FileJoker counts 20GB right then and there from your 40GB per 3 day limit. So...be careful out there...

Reactions: CoolKevin

pikuseru

Jul 27, 2015
harh harh harh.. yeh that's shitty, I know. don't know whats the purpose. no ads to watch. why make a freezer in it

Yeah, exactly, it serves no purpose, other than to be mean-spirited. I think the freezing timer is a good summary of Filejoker as a company. I still download from Filejoker but I go to the washroom or something while the timer is active.

I have JAVs I could share here, 6000kbps unDRMed WMVs I have downloaded. But I don't think I want to deal further with FJ or make other people deal with FJ. They give enough headaches already, with the frozen timer, and the failing downloads, and all the limits.

Reactions: Crestolocae