Interesting to buy/do in Kyoto

sora7777

Aug 4, 2008
I will be going to Kyoto in Japan for the school trip for 1 week and in between a japanese student from Hokuryo High School will host me either .. I will be going in middle of July

My dad will be giving me will be giving me around 58000Yen(RM2000).. so i was wondering what nice or magnificent things can i get in Kyoto .. i dont really know what to buy as i am not actually fond of shopping unless i have something to buy

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
I hear the hentai anime wall scrolls are particularly queefy!

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
I hear the hentai anime wall scrolls are particularly queefy!

I've heard that, too. I'd be careful not to talk about them too loud, though. Unless you enjoy the occasional airsoft barrage. :joker:

Man, if I was in Japan with money to burn, I'd buy a Killer guitar. That's literally the brand name - "Killer". They're only sold in Japan so no matter what country you bring it back to, its bound to get some attention. :harp:

In all seriousness, I find the souvenirs a person buys are not as cool as souvenirs a person finds. While you're there, I'd keep my eye out for strange tokens or other nick-knacks and freebies just lying around.

When I went to Chicago, the coolest thing I picked up was a car wash token that had the name and address of the business stamped on it. Fucking loved that thing! Then I lost it during a move! FUCK! :notagain:

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
I like queefy! Maybe I should go to Kyoto too :cheer:

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
*twitch twitch*

sora7777

Aug 4, 2008
Lol .. i will feel weird if i enter a U18 store in Japan .. but i would want to though .. hehe

I just dont want buy something that atrract me but not worth it ...

I still cant think of something nice to buy in Japan that might be memorable and nice to me .. except taking photos

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
You should hire this photographer I know. He'll take your money off you and sell you something not worth it. I'll get you my... Err, HIS paypal address right away.

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
lol! lock and load, aquaman!!

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
The gear is already packed up and ready for another show tomorrow night. I have new lighting coming in next week and get to move everything over from my loc. in Sakuragicho to Ueno which is about 1/4th the size. I have -NO- clue where I'm going to put everything (cries)