I'm sorry but

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

cobrala

Feb 12, 2008
...the seeding on Akiba in the past 2-3 weeks has been very frustrating.

I don't know if I'm a good seeder or not, but I Up at least what I down (try to hit 1.5x) and provide 100% of my ISP's upload bandwidth. Lately it's as if people post something and seed for 20 minutes and quit seeding. Downloads are taking >24 hours quite often.

All I know is I haven't changed anything on my end and I know my ISP isn't shaping my traffic because it's not all seeds (and the bad seeds have 0 Seeders available in uTorrent).

If you're gonna do it, do it right.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
There are far too many factors that go into seeding torrents. I understand that it can be frustrating to jump on a torrent only to get 10% and nothing more. You must however take into consideration that the person that posted said torrent neither created it nor downloaded it themselves. Thus making the situation less enjoyable for you. I would recommend just hanging on to the torrent for a few more days prior to sending the poster a PM.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
If you see a 'fresh' torrent that is not seeded at all, you can always report it to the mods.

We know that some people repost torrents from other places without caring about the actual status of the torrent.

cobrala

Feb 12, 2008
OK, I realize that I know little of torrents as a technology, as well as how this site functions... I just feel like 90% of the torrents I'm leeching/seeding stop very quickly the past few weeks... and I feel like if I haven't modified my uTorrent settings, that means the seeders are flaking out.

However, as you point out to me, the posters may not be the original seeders, which I never considered.

And I know I sound whiney, and I guess with being at the bottom of the ladder, beggars can't be choosers.

:harp: