I Need Help Backing Up PS2 Save Files

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I am playing a game which creates one save file. This one save file contains within it five in-game save files. The limit of save files per memory card is therefore five. I wish to bypass this because the game is quite long and I'd like to have 10+ save files to make for a more fluid experience when playing the game for friends' or family's entertainment.

I don't care about modding my PS2. What I do care about is making it so that I can do these simple tasks:
  1. transfer save files from Sony PS2 memory sticks to a USB flash drive
  2. transfer these save files back from the flash drive to the Sony PS2 memory stick at a later date

That's it. I have zero interest in cheat codes. Zero interest in pirating PS2 games. Zero interest in any of that. All I want to be able to do is export and import my own save files.

What is the easiest, least expensive, and/or least technical way of accomplishing this goal?

I have a fat PS2. It performs rather well despite its age. No reason to suspect that any of the console component(s) have died.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Tactics I Have Already Tried:
(this list will be updated as I try out your suggestions)

August 08, 2009:
  • burned Codebreaker v.10.x to a DVD+R @ 16x speed as an .iso in Nero
    burn process successfully completed, but no effect on the PS2 whatsoever
  • burned Codebreaker v.10.x to a DVD+R @ 2x speed as an .iso in Nero
    burn process failed very badly. I later learned that my media could only be burned at its slowest at 4x speed
  • burned a so-called "CBHDLCD.iso" to a DVD+R @ 8x speed as an .iso in ImgBurn
    burn process successfully completed, but no effect on the PS2 whatsoever

Short-Term Goals:
  1. Trying to get a disc burned which my PS2 will read and not tell me "Disc Read Error" for.