I Need Help Backing Up PS2 Save Files

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I am playing a game which creates one save file. This one save file contains within it five in-game save files. The limit of save files per memory card is therefore five. I wish to bypass this because the game is quite long and I'd like to have 10+ save files to make for a more fluid experience when playing the game for friends' or family's entertainment.

I don't care about modding my PS2. What I do care about is making it so that I can do these simple tasks:
  1. transfer save files from Sony PS2 memory sticks to a USB flash drive
  2. transfer these save files back from the flash drive to the Sony PS2 memory stick at a later date

That's it. I have zero interest in cheat codes. Zero interest in pirating PS2 games. Zero interest in any of that. All I want to be able to do is export and import my own save files.

What is the easiest, least expensive, and/or least technical way of accomplishing this goal?

I have a fat PS2. It performs rather well despite its age. No reason to suspect that any of the console component(s) have died.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Tactics I Have Already Tried:
(this list will be updated as I try out your suggestions)

August 08, 2009:
  • burned Codebreaker v.10.x to a DVD+R @ 16x speed as an .iso in Nero
    burn process successfully completed, but no effect on the PS2 whatsoever
  • burned Codebreaker v.10.x to a DVD+R @ 2x speed as an .iso in Nero
    burn process failed very badly. I later learned that my media could only be burned at its slowest at 4x speed
  • burned a so-called "CBHDLCD.iso" to a DVD+R @ 8x speed as an .iso in ImgBurn
    burn process successfully completed, but no effect on the PS2 whatsoever

Short-Term Goals:
  1. Trying to get a disc burned which my PS2 will read and not tell me "Disc Read Error" for.