HOW TO GET STARTED SUBBING JAV

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

shazza123

Jun 10, 2020
Hi,

I’m new to the forum and am interested in subbing jav. I did have a browse on forum but couldn't really see anything in terms of what the process, what programs to use (if any), how to convert etc.

not sure if subbing would even be possible with basic software?

I’d appreciate some guidance on the process.

many thanks

wowsers

Mar 12, 2019
You can use open source software such as Subtitle Edit if you're capable of doing it manually.
The other software people use is mostly to help with translation or save a bit of time.

elfineer

Sep 29, 2008
Subbing is tough. Earlier this year my wife asked if there was something I wanted that did not cost any money. I asked her to sub a film for me. After finishing she said next year she will just buy me something lol.

shazza123

Jun 10, 2020
Thanks for the replies. I’ve come across “gosubtitles” which may be the best thing for subbing. I did test with a jav, it misses a lot out but it still translates bits so you get a basic understanding of what’s going on.