How to generate "direct download" link from download link of file sharing sites?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

heart_killer

Jul 13, 2009
The file sharing links posted on forums are not truly direct download links. We have enter captcha, wait for some time, etc.

I am wondering how can we generate/obtain download links which allows us to directly download the files.

What I want to do is...

If I have direct download links, then I can directly upload such files to my firedrive account (firedrive allows remote url uploading, but the upload link should be directly of that file and NOT the normal download link).

And after uploading to firedrive account, I can directly stream the movie without having to download it to my laptop.

Is something like this possible?

Would be grateful if anyone can provide some inputs on this..

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
The point is that there are not many possibilities how people can share the files:
  • File hosters
  • BitTorrent
  • P2P programs
Normal links would only be possible if you have a web server running on your own. And no one would do that. Same goes for rented space (like a server, some web space, DropBox or whatever).

javhoarder

Consumer of Hard Disks
Sep 20, 2011
You could do that if you paid for a rapidleech or something similar, but those services only support a small portion of hosts that don't have strict bandwidth limits (rapidgator, uploaded, etc.). A rapidleech downloads the file to their server and then gives you a direct link to it, which you could remote upload to your firedrive or just stream directly (VLC supports streaming over HTTP if you go to "Open Network Stream"). You pay for a share of hard disk space and a certain amount of bandwidth.

If you have a premium account you could technically download the file to your own server and do the same, but it's almost always forbidden in the ToS to use those services from anything but a home connection. Rapidleech services, premium link generators, etc. always have occasional problems due to their accounts being terminated.

Reactions: CoolKevin