Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Reactions: seitoseitan

Lowieke

Aug 4, 2008
Apologies for the noob question, but most of the major adult streaming sites also seem to have a download button/link. I've always been hesitant to use these and download stuff directly from streaming sites, worried about malware and stuff. Also read somewhere that the downloads would be low quality. But wondering why you'd need an seperate program like jdownloader to download movies from these sites if they have a download button/link already. What's the difference between using jdownloader or the streaming site's download link/button? Thanks!

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
if the download button is low quality(or even works at all, never seen one that did), other software can get the actual stream that's in higher quality is the difference.

Lowieke

Aug 4, 2008
if the download button is low quality(or even works at all, never seen one that did), other software can get the actual stream that's in higher quality is the difference.
Thanks, so with Jdownloader you would get exactly the same quality as the stream, no degradation? Years ago I played around with screencapture software, like Tunebite, but the quality of the output file was always lower than the actual source video.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Yeah, it just downloads and saves the stream in a container so you get the exact same quality, no messy screen capturing necessary.

Reactions: Lowieke

gagaga666

Jun 15, 2022
Yeah, it just downloads and saves the stream in a container so you get the exact same quality, no messy screen capturing necessary.
im returning error as in this picture. I'm already using tokyomotion plugin for this. Did I do it wrong or is it JDownloader's backend issue? 1655313945187.png

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
The icon for the plugin is wrong(it's a red almost circle thing), are you sure you updated jdownloader2?

The link in the original post still downloads fine for me so you can try that one to eliminate a potential issue with your specific video.

Reactions: CoolKevin