How to create a screen cap from a movie

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Media player Classic has this ability. Just open the video, click the "file" tab, and choose the "save thumbnails" option.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
What Ceewan said, get MPC HomeCinema, and use the File > Save Image function.

If your video frame is anamorphic and the screenshot comes out with the wrong aspect ratio, just try a different output renderer: View > Options > Output > DirectShow Video.

The same program can also make a contact sheet with many screenshots: File > Save Thumbnails.

sicklychild

Jan 6, 2008
If you use the free VLC Player, then you just select "video" from the toolbar across the top of the player and hit "snapshot" which will create a .png image, saved in the "pictures" folder in Windows.

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
If you use the free VLC Player, then you just select "video" from the toolbar across the top of the player and hit "snapshot" which will create a .png image, saved in the "pictures" folder in Windows.

Sweet now that I finally know how to make screen caps I can finally share something out of my stash lol :perfectplan:.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
The old "print screen" key is still the last resort, do it while you are in full screen mode.
Then copy it from the clipboard to your favourite image editor.
It's good if you use fancy video players that don't have a capture option (or that you don't know they have such option, like MPC for me until recently).