Highschool Settings - A Dying Genre ?

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
Censoring a kana or kanji is about as useful as censoring a vowel in swear words or racial slur. For years we had マンコ and チンポ censored to マ○コ and チ○ポ, I don't think AV fans have given a rat sh*t about it.

The annoucement of top 100 searches on DMM reaffirm the theory that the market is changing :-
Schoolgirl sits at 58. Reason behind the shift is unknown.

Wow that's surprising. I only minimally noticed the average age of debutantes are rising relatively quickly. But MILF and mature ladies take 2 of top 5 searches is consistent with that.

Part of me wants to link that to Japan social disintegration. But I will keep my mouth shut for once.

That's admirable. But my beliefs is that, unless you have no taste for that genre in the first place, why deny yourself the pleasure when the production meets the legal prerequsitions and you are rational enough to differentiate reality and fantasy ? Just because the idea behind the video does not sit right with you ? Ultimately it's your call.

Well I grew up immersed in sex and violence tv and etc and video games. And I daresay I'm now an upstanding contributor to society and above average family man. So I never buy the BS about censorship protecting minors. But when there's a bit too much of certain genres, let's take an example of my pet peeves, zombies. Something's freaking out of whack with the world we get so many zombie shows and games and fans.

So yes I do watching highschool AV, and r*** and incest and other kinky/fringe vids. But something is wrong if certain sins or crimes become dominant, in that case I can support some kind of control.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
Shimiken was being a bit sarcastic with that tweet, but I've heard the same from people in production companies.
Big makers are avoiding using 'high school', 'schoolgirls', and 'JK', but you still see uniform titles (just look at recent TMA releases).

Not happy to see restrictions--even self-regulated ones like this--but it still beats the west and it could be temporary. Heck, mosaic seems to be getting thinner again.

Reactions: shawn720s