Help with Cover image downloading.

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

DScott

Jan 27, 2024
Hiya. I recently purchased themacreator to hopefull solve this problem but it was just wayyy to complicated for me to understand. I'm sure the software is great but I just could not figure it out. Here is a detailed description of my problem. Currently I have about 40TB of Jav which translates to about 30K files. I've been contacted by a Mod at Filejoker to see if I could upload a bunch of them to their host ultimately for sharing on Akiba-online. That is my main objective, IE to provide a bunch of vids to the members here. The problem that I have is that with 30 Thousand files, to meet the posting requirements of Akiba I need Covers, Data Sheets with file info, and thumbnails. Thumbnails I can create in relatively little time and effort. Collecting the Covers from javlibrary or https://pics.dmm.co.jp/ (which is where javlibrary remotely hosts its image files) in any case the process of finding the relevant cover image for 30K files would take Wayyyyy too much time and physical effort. Likewise the generation of individual data sheets and thumbnails, per Akiba's requirements would be a daunting task. I had hoped that themacreator would be the solution but unfortunately due to user technical limitations, that option is a bust. The structure of javlibrary is such that the images are stored off site. I have an older copy of Teleport Pro (an older web spider but that was not successful in downloading all of the image files. And so dear travellers I'm coming to you to seek help with this problem. IS there a user-friendly software that will/can locate and download all covers from my collection? I'll work on solving the datafile requirement once I've sorted that out. What I'm looking for is essentially the name of a software application which can achieve this goal. Thanks in advance for any help..

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
You can check browser automation studio and try to make your own automation to grab what you need.

I hear even people without programming knowledge can use it, but I never tried it since I use python and selenium, which is considerably more complicated so probably not for you sounds like.

DMM can be a bit tricky since the link doesn't always match the same pattern with the dvd code for all and the cloudflare protection might be a problem on javlib(but they have terrible info anyway even though most people get their info there sadly).

I'm assuming by "Data Sheets with file info" you mean the technical video file information, for example(most of this can be included with the thumbnails though, if you use something like mtn):
Code:
[COLOR="Red"][4K version][/COLOR]
Container: MP4
Video codec: Google VP9
Audio codec: AAC 2 channels 256 kb/s
Framerate: 59.94 FPS
Resolution: 3840x2160
Bit depth: 8 bits
Duration: 02:37:13.003
Size: 13.47 GiB
Overall Bitrate: 12263 kb/s
Source: Web
Watermark: IPPA(top right)
Chapters: None
Subtitles: None

But you also need movie info, which you should grab at the same time as the cover, for example:
Code:
Orgasm between women - Outdoor exposure lesbians
女同士のオーガズム 野外露出レズビアン

Studio: Hakusuiriki
Label: Celebrity Sex Friends(セレブの友)
Series: -
Director: Unknown
Code: [B]DGCEMD-500[/B]
Runtime: 158 min
Genre: Lesbian, Mature woman
Cen/Uncen: Censored
Actresses: Mizuki Yayoi(弥生みづき), Yūko Shiraki(白木優子)
Release Date: 2024/03/26

You don't need all of this(that is based on the info I personally provide, I just omitted a couple things), but the more the better.

Btw, paragraphs help a lot if you have a big wall of text to post.

Reactions: CoolKevin

DScott

Jan 27, 2024
Ok,
You can check browser automation studio and try to make your own automation to grab what you need.

I hear even people without programming knowledge can use it, but I never tried it since I use python and selenium, which is considerably more complicated so probably not for you sounds like.

DMM can be a bit tricky since the link doesn't always match the same pattern with the dvd code for all and the cloudflare protection might be a problem on javlib(but they have terrible info anyway even though most people get their info there sadly).

I'm assuming by "Data Sheets with file info" you mean the technical video file information, for example(most of this can be included with the thumbnails though, if you use something like mtn):
Code:
[COLOR="Red"][4K version][/COLOR]
Container: MP4
Video codec: Google VP9
Audio codec: AAC 2 channels 256 kb/s
Framerate: 59.94 FPS
Resolution: 3840x2160
Bit depth: 8 bits
Duration: 02:37:13.003
Size: 13.47 GiB
Overall Bitrate: 12263 kb/s
Source: Web
Watermark: IPPA(top right)
Chapters: None
Subtitles: None

But you also need movie info, which you should grab at the same time as the cover, for example:
Code:
Orgasm between women - Outdoor exposure lesbians
女同士のオーガズム 野外露出レズビアン

Studio: Hakusuiriki
Label: Celebrity Sex Friends(セレブの友)
Series: -
Director: Unknown
Code: [B]DGCEMD-500[/B]
Runtime: 158 min
Genre: Lesbian, Mature woman
Cen/Uncen: Censored
Actresses: Mizuki Yayoi(弥生みづき), Yūko Shiraki(白木優子)
Release Date: 2024/03/26

You don't need all of this(that is based on the info I personally provide, I just omitted a couple things), but the more the better.

Btw, paragraphs help a lot if you have a big wall of text to post.
Ok SamKook (great singer btw) great info, I just dl'd browser automation so I'll play with that and see how it goes. Re file/video data/details, I had not considered that the thumbnail program to solve that problem. I have a few thumbnail programs, AMT, ezthumb, and thumbnailme and I know they can be configured to give video data info in the output graphic. That's a great idea and I would not have considered that so thank you. Re gleaning my info from javlibrary within my limited scope of knowledge that is the most comprehensive site that I know. One of the big problems that I expect to run into is that some portion of my videos were dl'd Years ago and no longer have a net presence, consequently it will be much much harder to find a cover. I'll just have to burn that bridge when I get to it. One other little thing, since I have your attention, I have maybe several Hundred Gig of Partial vids, clips, or full vids that have been renamed and I have no way to ascertain the correct name. I have tried to do some sleuthing with these last category but have not been successful. That said, there's loads,, oh do pardon that bad pun, of very good gokkun mostly files but no code and no identifying characters. My intent is to competely ignore these files with respect to my intended future mass upload. I'm just guessing that no one would want them in that state. If I'm wrong about that, please let me know.
Ok SamKook. Thank you for the response and the software suggestion. I will play around wiht the software and see where I land. I will always notify the mods before actually getting started to avoid any breaches of protocol. Cheers.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
If you know the website of the studio who made it(almost always written on the covers), you can usually retrieve the cover from the internet archive if you can't find it elsewhere.

We do require the videos to be identified for posting(in most sections at least), but we have an active id section with a few people doing good work so it would be possible to identify some of them at least, depending on how many you'd be willing to go through that process for.

It does help to have the first post verified in case there are issue so they can be fixed before they propagate and if you have any specific questions after reading these two threads:
which are the most relevant(some sections have their own special rules in the sticky posts too so it's good to look at those too), you can always contact a mod in pm or the better solution is to go on the irc channel(see bottom right of my signature). Coolkevin and I as well as many of the active posters always hang out in there.

Reactions: CoolKevin

DScott

Jan 27, 2024
If you know the website of the studio who made it(almost always written on the covers), you can usually retrieve the cover from the internet archive if you can't find it elsewhere.

We do require the videos to be identified for posting(in most sections at least), but we have an active id section with a few people doing good work so it would be possible to identify some of them at least, depending on how many you'd be willing to go through that process for.

It does help to have the first post verified in case there are issue so they can be fixed before they propagate and if you have any specific questions after reading these two threads:
which are the most relevant(some sections have their own special rules in the sticky posts too so it's good to look at those too), you can always contact a mod in pm or the better solution is to go on the irc channel(see bottom right of my signature). Coolkevin and I as well as many of the active posters always hang out in there.
Thanks for the useful information SamKook. My main objective in all of this is to share with Akiba and so when I've managed to unravel these initial growing pains and get, at least started, ul'ing to filejoker effectively, I'll then start sending files for identification. I'm not sure exactly at this moment but there's probably a few Hundred Gig of these 'unidentifiable' files. The bulk of these will be Gokkun vids and it is likely that I have the correct title somewhere else in my archive. Unfortunately I tried to use Duplicate Cleaner to identify some of these but no luck. In any case contrary to what I figured there may be some interest in some of those files so I will put that on the to-do list. The posting suggestions are very helpful and I will certainly follow your advice. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: