Help! recently I got this "database error"

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

delord

Jul 28, 2008
Anyone help me please,recently I find difficulties to visit This lovely forum.. And here the message that I had when it happened "Database error" Please help me,Thanks alot.

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
I've had the same problem every so often for a couple of weeks.

I just assumed it was because of many members visiting at the same time...

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
You got it.

Usually happens during peak time. That's evening and early night-time in Japan.

Need to look at making the server more efficient.

xeruel

黒英雄伝説
Mar 22, 2008
this is bad chompy, 5 hours straight of database error :eek:mg: do we have that much member ? :destroy: 5 hours of peak time seems absurd or is it not ?
I'm just worried we might experiencing data loss when there's too much strain on the server cuz I've seen empty forums after such failure which deleted all existing post :notice:

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Don't worry, the posts aren't going to disappear, it's not that kind of crashing. The SQL basically gives up, and needs manually resetting, which means someone (i.e. me) has to be around to do it.

I'm gonna (seriously) look into it tomorrow.

delord

Jul 28, 2008
Don't worry, the posts aren't going to disappear, it's not that kind of crashing. The SQL basically gives up, and needs manually resetting, which means someone (i.e. me) has to be around to do it.

Thanks alot chompy sir..

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
It's a load issue

not much I can do except experiment with tweaking the server. So far nothing I've tried has worked.

jupiter999

loves Tada Mizuho only...
Apr 2, 2008
Hi, chompy Emperor, r you the only 1 who maintaining the servers? Just curious...
By the way, do we actually have that much members? And how much exactly it is?
You did mentioned "evening and early night-time in Japan", do you mean that most members are acoming from Japan??
Well, just getting seriously curious about this great forum...

uberlordz

~~Rezu To Oppai Lover~~
Oct 7, 2007
Sorry Chompy the Emperor ^_^, its not im complaining or whining bout the site, just keeping u informed of the performance

Hoped u can find the fix coz i can open the site at 2AM in my timezone without the db error..haha

roger n out

waikeng

Apr 6, 2008

Thanks ! Thanks Chompy Emperor ! I've experienced this several times this few days. Even worse is that after I've login and managed to read a few of the postings, then all of a sudden my User Name just disappeared from the next page which I've clicked onto.

This puzzles me as to whether I'm still login OR should I login again to view the next page of posting. Everyone here must be very grateful to you finding a solution to solve this problem. Thank you for your immediate attention !

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
By the way, do we actually have that much members?

th_80480_1_122_534lo.jpg

Would about sum up the ratio of members to visitors to use an example at the moment.

BartSimpson

Mar 2, 2007
That would be:

Threads: 28,795, Posts: 110,863, Members: 123,985, Active Members: 33,070
Welcome to our newest member, 7sector

(at the bottom of the page)

jupiter999

loves Tada Mizuho only...
Apr 2, 2008
i c i c...
I wonder what should be done for the goodness of the servers if these numbers continually increase...?

ryuuga

みうみうの恋人
Super Moderator
Apr 2, 2007
Looks like Chompy is busy. I will answer some of the questions on his behalf if you guys don't mind. If my answers are wrong, chompy will/may correct it once he's free to reply.:relax-bath:

Hi, chompy Emperor, r you the only 1 who maintaining the servers? Just curious...

Yup.

You did mentioned "evening and early night-time in Japan", do you mean that most members are acoming from Japan??

I am not sure for the members (have to check the member list and see where they came from, and that would take a lot of time to figure out). But I am sure more than half of the visitors/guests are coming from Japan. Recently the name of A-O has been spreaded up into the biggest japanese bbs - 2ch. Some people link the IV torrent thread links to there, lurred a lot of people rushing into the forum everyday & nite.

I wonder what should be done for the goodness of the servers if these numbers continually increase...?

I believe the numbers of the members will not be the problem. The most important thing we should concerning is the number of the online users. If there's a LOT of members (which exceeding the suggested limit) online and browsing in the forum all in one time, their acitivities may be exceeding the limit of the bandwidth in the forum. Then the admin would have no choice but to buy/add more bandwidth into the server in order to avoid the issues such as server slowing down/crashing.

Nov 18, 2007
Hi there

Yes I get this database error a lot, sometimes when Im trying to upload photos or just generally moving about the forums. Its very frustraiting.

RahXephon

S.O.U.L. Project Owner
Sep 27, 2008
...... Its very frustraiting.

LOL, say it to me ..... :) ..... i get it or sometimes service unavailable, almost 3/4 of the clicks ..... and sometimes for hours ..... but, hey, please considerate just a thing ..... chompy cannot live in front of the pc ( i guess, at least :) ), and also with those connection problems, we have here a good forum, with sharing peoples and interesting things ( this for me, at least :) ) ..... so, sorry, but imho, also if sometimes it need a bit of patience, it worth it, right ? :)

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
The server itself should be able to handle the load and the pipe on the server should be able to handle the bandwidth (just about)

I have tweaked the php slightly, so that MySQLi automatically reconnects itself when it goes down. HOPEFULLY that will stop the connection errors. If not then...well I'll keep trying.