Google Warning

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

buttobi

Mar 29, 2007
When I tried to log in here today, instead of the top page a warning appeared saying akiba online has been reported to Google as an attack site. The diagnosis by Google can be read in the following page:

http://safebrowsing.clients.google....e=http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/index.php

It says www.akiba-online.com/forum itself looks like innocent so far but a malware has been downloaded in one of the 1485 pages of akiba which Google Test has accessed in the last 90 days. The malware is hosted by hupmarketing.net/ and three domains --openx.org/, httpads.com/, adbrite.com/--are suspected of being the media distributing this malware to akiba visitors.

Any idea?:puzzled:

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Yepp, got also a warning from my Firefox 13.0.1. A few hours ago I didn't had any problems. :puzzled:

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
chompy has changed the topic to: www.akiba-online.com Status: Online | News: Reported as attack site by google bot. Reason is malicious network ads from the ad network we were using. All such ad codes were removed

Should be fixed

buttobi

Mar 29, 2007
I was mistaken. Not that Akiba has been reported to Google but that it has been reported to Firefox by Google. So the browser is blocking the access.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
There is a way to stop the warning message on Firefox, by disabling the option "block reported attack sites" on the Security tab of the settings. Of course you may be a risk with other unknown sites, but I'm willing to take that risk and not getting that red screen anymore. :exhausted:

I'm still using Firefox version 3.6 (ha!) so it may be slightly different in other versions.

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
So what, if any, is/was the danger to site users? Is there a specific malware people should scan for? :puzzled: Any further cause for concern?

Minora

Jul 4, 2010
I checked my computer and there was no malware whatsoever. The message isn't showing up anymore btw.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Just to clarify, the issue was the ad network adbrite/blacklabelads allowing malicious code to run across its network. This only affected a fraction of the pages, and only ads that were served to guests (i.e. not logged on). What specific malware, I have no idea, but basic preventative measures are likely to be effective (not using a very old browser, keeping your flash and java up to date, not saving or running any .exe files you get served by ads etc. etc. etc.).

Googlebot crawled a-o, found the offending pages and emailed me (as the site admin) to inform me that it had found offending code served by adbrite and that it had blocked a-o in the manner you all describe. I then removed the adbrite code immediately and submitted a recrawl request to googlebot. googlebot crawled again, found no malware and removed the block.

All within about 12 hours.

:tea:

now we just need to find an ad network that doesn't serve malware...

MrGame

Apr 6, 2007

Googlebot crawled a-o, found the offending pages and emailed me (as the site admin) to inform me that it had found offending code served by adbrite and that it had blocked a-o in the manner you all describe. I then removed the adbrite code immediately and submitted a recrawl request to googlebot. googlebot crawled again, found no malware and removed the block.

All within about 12 hours.

:tea:

now we just need to find an ad network that doesn't serve malware...

That's pretty darned impressive. Good on Google (this time)!

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
is happening again

it said that affiliate.dtiserv.com is know as malicius software.
i'm using Google Chrome ver.27.0

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
You know you can turn that off, (at least you can in Firefox). Last thing I want is some browser telling me where it is okay to go and where it is not. Drives me crazy if my browser doesn't want to go to a site I tell it to go to.

Good looking out though ezepietro, I am sure they like a heads up on these things.

endless_blue_water

Jan 19, 2011
@Ceewan
For the first time, today my Tor browser was freezing. I think the browser bundle already has that FF site block turned off. Not sure. Where can I check to see if it's really off?
I had to end task. The bottom taskbar of firefox was showing a url with something about Google ad SSL. The second time I started Tor, I froze again, but it just let it sit there and after about two mins it unfroze.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
@Ceewan
For the first time, today my Tor browser was freezing. I think the browser bundle already has that FF site block turned off. Not sure. Where can I check to see if it's really off?
I had to end task. The bottom taskbar of firefox was showing a url with something about Google ad SSL. The second time I started Tor, I froze again, but it just let it sit there and after about two mins it unfroze.

I can surf to mozilla org with no problem. Chances are you have turned off automatic updates or accidently corrupted your Tor browser when you updated or something.

1. Go to Torproject.org, dowload the latest version
2. delete the Torbrowser folder in your documents
3. Install the new version

Always delete the old folder before you install the new version, ( I found out the hard way myself). Hopefully this will solve your problem. If not just email the people at Torproject and I am sure they will try to help, they are a pretty decent lot, although a little busy.