Format hard drive and backup

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
You downloaded tons of media, films, for example, but you also like to make backups of it. However, the hard disk is starting to overload as you download lots of films, what do you think I should do? Just reformat the hard drive and re-download the films? Or burn every film to a DVD disc that might take days and hours and so on.

barba

we all make mistakes
Jun 6, 2007
external hard drives.
4tb less than $100.
8tb less than $150.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
everyone does different things, if you want to save everything, do 2 back ups, and put the back ups in different locations in case of fire

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
You downloaded tons of media, films, for example, but you also like to make backups of it. However, the hard disk is starting to overload as you download lots of films, what do you think I should do? Just reformat the hard drive and re-download the films? Or burn every film to a DVD disc that might take days and hours and so on.
DO NOT re-download anything...

PJB

Apr 12, 2007
I actually don't have a backup of my 'master' collection due to lack of budget, which is unsettling to be honest.. Fortunately I have a fairly expensive piece of kit (WD black) which is constantly monitored for errors. Also it helps to use a really good power supply + quality motherboard so that any kind of shorts of power issues will not adversely affect your components. I do have old drives laying around but those are used for more important backups.

barba

we all make mistakes
Jun 6, 2007
DO NOT re-download anything...

that’s good advice.

if you decide to back up onto dvds and need to buy some, you might want to consider wearing a disguise when you go to the store. the last time i bought a spindle, the guy at the register gave me what best can be described as “the hairy eyeball” and said “what are you gonna do with THESE?”. you don’t want other people knowing about your duplication process, no matter how much you trust them. that includes your mother, the police, the neighbors, your best friend… and the guy at the register. they won’t sympathize, even if they say they do. you may want to invest in a trunk with a good lock.

oh yeah… and if you ever jack off a dog, don’t tell anyone.

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
If I am not mistaken, I have formatted my hard drive like more than 50 times.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
that’s good advice.

if you decide to back up onto dvds and need to buy some, you might want to consider wearing a disguise when you go to the store. the last time i bought a spindle, the guy at the register gave me what best can be described as “the hairy eyeball” and said “what are you gonna do with THESE?”. you don’t want other people knowing about your duplication process, no matter how much you trust them. that includes your mother, the police, the neighbors, your best friend… and the guy at the register. they won’t sympathize, even if they say they do. you may want to invest in a trunk with a good lock.

oh yeah… and if you ever jack off a dog, don’t tell anyone.
LOL You always have such sound advice!

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
There are number of JAV files that are larger than 4 gig and it cannot fit into my DVD-R, which is larger than a capacity of a DVD disc. My DVD can only fit 4 gig of files. The JAV media sometimes are large as 10 gig of an mp4.

WillEater

Mar 13, 2008
There are number of JAV files that are larger than 4 gig and it cannot fit into my DVD-R, which is larger than a capacity of a DVD disc. My DVD can only fit 4 gig of files. The JAV media sometimes are large as 10 gig of an mp4.
Troll much? :)

Reactions: desioner

chazz00

Nov 6, 2009
Get at least a 4tb external HD. Not that expensive.
I have over 2,ooo U-15 movies with plenty room for many many more.
One advantage is you can plug the HD into your BR player and watch on the big screen.

In the long run it will save you time burning to disc and expense purchasing media.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Get at least a 4tb external HD. Not that expensive.
I have over 2,ooo U-15 movies with plenty room for many many more.
One advantage is you can plug the HD into your BR player and watch on the big screen.

In the long run it will save you time burning to disc and expense purchasing media.
I used external HDD in the past. Then, I famously lost HDD #6. Lost so much and couldn't recover it. That's when I switched to blu-ray for backup, but, HDDs are immediately available, like you say. Especially if your BR play can play them via USB.

Reactions: Sakuramania.Club

chazz00

Nov 6, 2009
Sorry about your HDD. There is a utility called SpinRite that works quite well to recover hard drives. Not hard to find, give it a try. Has recovered several for me and my associates.