Finding missing mosaic in older AV titles (uncovered private parts!)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
I’ve been working on some older titles (10 years old and older) and noticed that some of them have messed up with mosaic application leaving the private parts totally visible or 99% visible for a single frame. Finding a single frame over an entire title of course is an insane endeavour, but fortunately I noticed a trend: the missing mosaic almost always happens for the very first frame of a new camera angle (keyframes are your friend).

For those with free time and a collection of older AV titles, you may want to peruse your collection using a video editor like VirtualDub or Avidemux.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
Quick clarification: I’ve only see this happen when the first frame after an angle change is one that requires mosaic (ie, going from a full-body penetration angle to a ‘hameshiro’ (penis going into vagina close-up) one).

grisa

Akiba Citizen
Mar 5, 2007
Really interesting find. :) By some of them how many have you found and which ones - if there's any pattern like the works of one studio, maybe? However the example picture is so mosaiced by compression, that it almost doesn't need a censorship. ;)

grisa

Akiba Citizen
Mar 5, 2007
I haven't found too many more honestly, but I don't work on titles from this era (early 2000's) that often.
I have many vids from 00's, so that's why I'd like to help to discover more, but I'm not gonna spend the youth on it, so it would be great, if you could share two, three video codes, where you've found this "imperfection". Thanks