Extracting the photos from an ebook from cdjapan

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Zanotic

Jul 1, 2016
Is there a way to extract the individual photos from an ebook (Photobook) bought/downloaded from cdjapan?

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Is there a way to extract the individual photos from an ebook (Photobook) bought/downloaded from cdjapan?
Having never purchased a digital photobook from cdjapan I can’t say for sure. However I’m under the impression that if it’s a pdf file then it’s possible, given the right application is used on it. If you have to use their shitty DRM controlled viewing application it’s probably impossible. 2 simple potential workarounds are screen shots from either a PC or tablet. The tablet might give better results if it has a high density display. Also some viewer apps don’t even allow screenshots to be taken. There might be a better place to get the same content but having to buy it again might be a big loss of money... curious of the photobook in question?

thoraxe6668

May 1, 2008
Having never purchased a digital photobook from cdjapan I can’t say for sure. However I’m under the impression that if it’s a pdf file then it’s possible, given the right application is used on it. If you have to use their shitty DRM controlled viewing application it’s probably impossible. 2 simple potential workarounds are screen shots from either a PC or tablet. The tablet might give better results if it has a high density display. Also some viewer apps don’t even allow screenshots to be taken. There might be a better place to get the same content but having to buy it again might be a big loss of money... curious of the photobook in question?
It's possible. Using the Neowing reader app on windows and the windows snipping tool to take screenshots of each page.
Here are a few random captures from free e-books in my library.
Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

-Open the e-book
-Expand the window to fullscreen
-Press F11 to get rid of window borders
-Use snipping tool to take full screen snip
-Save file
-Repeat for each page

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    3.4 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Reactions: Zanotic

Zanotic

Jul 1, 2016
Unfortunately they don't come in a pdf format. It's through their "shitty DRM controlled viewing application." :) Also the photobooks are: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/ebooks/d/BTW10000000153389 - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/ebooks/d/BTW10000000485691 - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/ebooks/d/BTW10000000502478
They were on sale when I purchased them so no big deal there.

Zanotic

Jul 1, 2016
It's possible. Using the Neowing reader app on windows and the windows snipping tool to take screenshots of each page.
Here are a few random captures from free e-books in my library.
View attachment 1784655

View attachment 1784672

View attachment 1784673

-Open the e-book
-Expand the window to fullscreen
-Press F11 to get rid of window borders
-Use snipping tool to take full screen snip
-Save file
-Repeat for each page
I'll give it a try thanks for the suggestion :)