Enough

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Fuzzypeach

Dec 12, 2009
Well I'm back in Japan after 70 days of working out at sea. I have lived in Japan since December of 2009 and have enjoyed every moment except for 3/11/11 Rest easy people.
To my dismay I have become angered, pissed off, and hostile toward my own for the incidents effecting Okinawa (here now waiting to fly to mainland JP). How the hell do people expect to continue a relationship when the most dumbest shit happens? Yo American fuck heads I love Japanese women more than any group of women on this planet hands downs but I would never consider touching one in the wrong way.
Get a fucking grip!!! Learn the culture.

My 2 cents because I am angry for I have to be home by 11pm.

With respect
Jason

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Actually rants belong in the Random section but nobody is likely to enforce that small detail.

I am sure that 99.9% of all US serviceman serving in the Japan arena regret, resent and are angered by the actions of the two servicemen in question here. So at least you have company in your angst.

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
I am sure that 99.9% of all US serviceman serving in the Japan arena regret, resent and are angered by the actions of the two servicemen in question here

This is true. Please don't let the boorish actions of a few sour you on the rest of the US. We're really pretty decent folk...honest. :goodboy:

If I ever get to visit Japan, I hope to be a good representative for others from my country. :eek:k:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Please don't let the boorish actions of a few sour you on the rest of the US. We're really pretty decent folk...honest.

I could be wrong, (it happens more often than I wish to admit), but I think Fuzzypeach is an American who has just come home to find out there is a curfew of all US service personnel in the Japan theatre because of the r*** that occurred in Okinawa of a woman by two US servicemen stationed there. After a 70 day tour, (submarine duty?), being told he is on curfew and that he cannot go out and blow off some steam and have a little fun must be torture. Of course the 7th Fleet is in the Philipines at the moment so I could be jumping to conclusions here but I think I am close to being on target.

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
I think Fuzzypeach is an American who has just come home to find out there is a curfew of all US service personnel in the Japan theatre because of the r*** that occurred in Okinawa

Mandatory curfew? :puzzled: I'd be pretty upset, too.

I hope the schmucks who did it get appropriate justice. :notice: I had read that Japanese opinions of the US had been on an upward trend recently, but things like this make us all look terrible. :rainyday:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I had read that Japanese opinions of the US had been on an upward trend recently, but things like this make us all look terrible.

From what I had heard it was pretty bad but despite our governments best efforts, being in the military does not make one a Paladin of truth and justice. They are just men after all. Men, no matter the their nationality, can do dark and sinister things callously disregarding the humanity of others. Be assurred the US is taking the incident very seriously.

Fuzzypeach

Dec 12, 2009
Not a sub but ship stuff. Unfortunately younger folks of today have no idea what history has done and will do. From a diplomatic side I hope we the US can make things work with Okinawa as for main land I'm pleased to no end we are here along side the Japanese. Some things are difficult to comprehend through words in a forum.
Japan please understand we appreciate your culture and people.
As for the rant oops sorry to have placed it here.
And yes I'd rather be in Harajuku and /or Shibuya after 11pm.
Yes American but with added culture.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Not a sub but ship stuff.

Closer than I usually am, thanks for being frank and honest. I do not know exactly what the attitude is over there but I am sure they are more understanding than the average Joe might think. Change over on a sub is around 60-80 days so it was just a wild guess. Thank you for all you do, your country supports you even from afar and best of luck to you.

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
I agree that service men should be careful to respectfully represent their country, (more so than anyone). However, I don't believe in the bubble of purity. I think when things like this happen, it's just as important for the other side to acknowledge that the act of one or a few individuals wrong behaviors should not be a reflection on the entire country. We could go back and talk about what the Japanese did in 1931 - 1937 to the Chinese women if we want to point fingers. (sorry, but) There are two sides to every story. No one is without fault. This stuff happens all over the world, every day.

Your statement "American Fuck heads" sounds like a label to every American. I know you probably didn't mean it in that way. I just think it's the wrong way to phrase it. The world needs to grow up and stop this game of labeling nations by the acts of a few people. I find it difficult to believe that the Japanese would be ignorant enough to view American values as corrupt by this event. I don't believe they do. And if they did, that would be a different kind of problem in itself. In this day in age, I don't think they need their feeling represented. With computers and communication technology's today, the world is becoming more aware of the individual-self (Id) and that's the first step in improving our lives and our relationships.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Your statement "American Fuck heads" sounds like a label to every American. I know you probably didn't mean it in that way. I just think it's the wrong way to phrase it.

I agree with your sentiments Summer-Time...

I had to think about that some and edited my post, (the bbcode "strikethough" seems to be disabled here or that would have sufficed). It would have been better if the label "American" had not been used. "Fuck Heads" would have been sufficient.

Fuzzypeach

Dec 12, 2009
While I respect the fact we are all entitled to self opinion I have only one question toward you Summer Time Fun, have you ever surrounded yourself with obnoxious military service members? I have served for +18 years and my labeling refers to military because of the incident in Okinawa (since the base has been established there has been 5787 incidents) plus most young people nowadays have no cultural understanding and think bc I am an American, women want to sleep with me. Also please do not think I am being abrasive toward you but if I seem to have insulted you in my response I apologize.
I will end here bc I returned yesterday to Japan and I look at this situation from a different stand point than you. With the dispute of the islands with China and the partnership between Japan and the U.S.

Your statement "American Fuck heads" sounds like a label to every American. I know you probably didn't mean it in that way. I just think it's the wrong way to phrase it. The world needs to grow up and stop this game of labeling nations by the acts of a few people. I find it difficult to believe that the Japanese would be ignorant enough to view American values as corrupt by this event. I don't believe they do. And if they did, that would be a different kind of problem in itself. In this day in age, I don't think they need their feeling represented. With computers and communication technology's today, the world is becoming more aware of the individual-self (Id) and that's the first step in improving our lives and our relationships.[/QUOTE]

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
..most young people nowadays have no cultural understanding

I totally agree fuzzypeach, and with all of what you said above.
I lived in the US for some time. I was originally responding because It's one of these situations where you get tired of being labeled (around the world) because of where you're from.
I totally agree that many Americans (not all) but many are irresponsible with regard to understanding other cultures. At lease if you're going to be visiting a foreign place you should. But we have to look at other things to understand the lack of cultural diversity in the mainstream. For one, Hollywood has corrupted American family values. There are too many reasons to name, none of them make it right. It's really a very complex subject.

But I'm very careful about how I use certain worlds to describe a country out in public places and on fourms because those words spread like fire. It creates a situation where you are guilty by association when you venture out in the world. i..e.. I want to visit a place like Japan some day. In this case I would be labeled simply because I was an American. Or my food might be dropped on the floor because of where I come from. I really can't disagree with you fuzzy, as you pretty much hit the nail on the head.. But it sucks to hear the truth sometimes. haha.

Your service is very appreciated Fuzzypeach, and Americans need people like you to represent the country in a good way, as it sounds like you have an open mind and respect different cultures. Keep up the great work.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
I hope you and 'the boys' have taken care of, privately, the ass-fuck that punched out that boy and also had a 'conversation' with the other (ahem) gentlemen that r***ing the girl. According to the news, one had admitted to it while the other has not.

What do they put in the water down there? ;)

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Anyone have an updated link to this situation? I'm not sure I have the full story.

It is really not a popular topic, just one of those "grunts gone wild" stories that embarrasses everyone remotely connected to it and makes them ashamed of their fellow man. Aquamarine could probably give you the local beat if he was interested but....

From stripes.com, Published: November 6, 2012:

CAMP FOSTER, Okinawa — Japanese authorities charged two U.S. Navy sailors Tuesday with gang raping and robbing an Okinawan woman outside Kadena Air Base last month, an incident that sparked a curfew for all U.S. servicemembers in the country.

Seaman Christopher Browning and Petty Officer 3rd Class Skyler Dozierwalker, both 23, are accused of choking and raping the woman in a parking lot for nearly an hour Oct. 16, according to the Naha public prosecutor’s office and police statements. Browning is also charged with stealing 7,000 yen (about $87) from the woman’s bag during the assault.

The incident has triggered outrage on an island with deep sensitivities toward r*** by servicemembers, public protests against the deployment of MV-22 Ospreys and the investigation of a Kadena airman suspected in a violent home invasion last week.

Deputy Chief Prosecutor Nobutaka Hiramitsu unveiled the indictment against Browning and Dozierwalker, saying they attacked the woman as she walked along a street in central Okinawa just before 4 a.m., choking her and covering her mouth, causing a neck sprain, as they forced her to have sex.

Both sailors will remain in Japanese custody and will be tried in Japanese court. No court date was set.

Following the sailors’ arrest last month, the U.S. military quickly reacted with a blanket 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew for servicemembers across Japan and made numerous official apologies.

r*** remains a top reason why many Okinawans demand reductions in the large U.S. military presence on the island. In 1995, three U.S. servicemembers abducted and r***ing a 12-year-old Okinawan girl. That case remains a high-water mark for anti-military sentiment and prompted the U.S. and Japan to strike an agreement to draw down forces on the island by moving 9,000 Marines elsewhere, though the plans have yet to be realized.

Now, the gang r*** charges and a violent break-in and attack in a Japanese home in the Yomitan area north of Kadena last Friday are further complicating relations.
Advertisement

Okinawa police began questioning a 24-year-old airman assigned to Kadena on Monday about the home invasion after he was released from Naval Hospital Okinawa. The Air Force and Japanese authorities declined to identify him.

The airman was injured after falling from the third floor of a building that housed a bar where he had been drinking, according to a spokesman for the Okinawa prefectural police.

Following the questioning, police said they believe the airman entered an apartment on the third floor of the building, punched a 13-year-old boy and kicked a television set before falling from a window.

The airman told police he was heavily intoxicated and does not remember what happened.