E-mail confirmation issues

gf25

Apr 1, 2016
Hello

I tried making an account here but couldn't receive confirmation e-mails. I googled the issue and read that this site has been having confirmation e-mail issues for years.

I read that a yahoo e-mail tends to work and it does, but I had to make a 2nd new account before I could confirm (changing my e-mail to a yahoo on my 1st account didn't work either).

I think it would be good for the site to try to fix this issue because I'm sure it stops some new members from joining. On my first account I couldn't confirm my e-mail and I couldn't make any posts to report my issue.

If someone is having an issue registering and they don't learn that you need to make a new account with a different e-mail, they might just stop trying :(

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
hi,
we got some problems with the mail-server.
i'm on it.

->
frontend 1 (which happend to be the mail-server) has some serious HDD problems.
We are not able to send out any mails atm - so it's now disabled for new registrations.
Users still waiting for activation email: Please contact me via mail: c00lzero@akiba-online.com - i will activate your account asap.

You can experience a slow loading of the site, when you are loading cached data from this frontend.
i've contacted chompy to contact the DC and request a HDD-Replacement.

update
frontend one is working normal now.
Mails are still offline - we first need to find a suitable hosting for this one.

Reactions: CoolKevin

MissPantsuHunter

Pink Member
Mar 3, 2016
I had the same problem and got help on chat
but had to prove I wasn't a spam bot by sending a pic of my gender :)

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I had the same problem and got help on chat
but had to prove I wasn't a spam bot by sending a pic of my gender :)

lol about the gender, yes I am available in chat, just hit the chat button next to the members button, and it should send you through to us in IRC

gf25

Apr 1, 2016
lol about the gender, yes I am available in chat, just hit the chat button next to the members button, and it should send you through to us in IRC

I tried the chat option at the top of the page but got no reply. I assume I just came at a bad time and nobody was there.

I also tried the "Contact Us" option at the bottom of the page but got no reply from that either.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
yes it does depend on the time of the day,

but I never noticed it in there, perhaps stay a little longer, sometimes members will give you a response, and give you info when I am on,

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
we got a new e-mail server.
configuration is done to 99% - just waiting for chompy to setup the R-DNS entry and we are back with the mails.

some of you might start getting mails a few minutes ago.
(thoug some e-mail provider will atm probably filter out the mails, since the R-DNS isn't valid atm)