Dying to be thin

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

ardo

Mar 2, 2010
Rates of anoxeria and bulimia in Japan are increasing more rapidly than anywhere else in the world, with one in 100 Japanese women dealing with an eating disorder.

In fact, women in Japan are consuming fewer calories than they did in the Second World War. A third of the population of Japan has a Body Mass Index of less than 18.5, considered in Japan to be the lowest healthy weight.

Dr Hiroyuki Suematsu, a professor of clinical psychology explains a culture of privacy and stoicism has led to an inability to confront the rise of eating disorders.

‘From a young age, we are discouraged from discussing personal problems or sharing our true feelings. Here, society is brought up to always give people the impression everything is fine,’ he told Hanias.

http://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2012/05/08/dying-to-be-thin-anorexia-in-japan/

The article explores the Japanese phenomenon of ‘kawaii’, meaning cute, a bizarre mix of highly sexualised, pre-pubescent imagery. Dolls, cartoons and pop stars all radiate the message that thin is beautiful.

The article is a fascinating insight into an issue that appears, paradoxically, all pervasive and yet unseen in Japanese culture.

japanesediet2.jpg

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
Any small woman weighing less than 50kg is too skinny for me. If really small then 45kg is okay but still very skinny.

I guess being skinny in Japan is like what big asses are to Brazil.

I prefer the Brazil trend :nosebleed:

Hmmm.... people are often telling me that I'm a big ass. Bet I'd be popular in Brazil!

Here's a proanorexia ad...

I had a girlfriend who was anorexic and at twenty-four she had her first heart attack. Serious stuff...

roceil123

May 20, 2008
I don't even have anything to comment on this except something random like this>,<

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
would be nice if somebody can translate what it says on that page

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
These two women on the photo are too skinny for my taste. I don't like fat women, but I love female curves.

I don't know people who suffer from anorexic, but one of my friends does. And she told me that her friend won't be able to have kids and her body is damaged seriously. She will survive (at least of her treatment is successful), but her live won't be the same.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
Thats too skinny. If you can see an outline of your bones anywhere on your body then that should be a clue that you are too skinny.

hypemx7

Intriguing JAV Hunter
Mar 6, 2009
Chick mentality =
Less curves to show, at least be skinny.
Curves to show, still be skinny.

That mentality is pervasive in both the East and West.
Asian chicks tend to have less "development" when it comes to their breasteses or their bum,
so the have even less of an option.
At least in the states we now have better representation of the variety in which female body types tend to come in; in media.

Last time I checked South Korean or Japanese media content, all the females looked alike and they
disappeared from my vision everytime they stood sideways.
(not to mention the dudes who look like chicks that are everywhere in boy bands and other wtf-ness)

Regardless, as long as they are "medically" healthy, they should do what they want to increase their self-esteem.
It's not like everyone can afford a shrink to manage their insecurities.

Xcaliber9999

May 10, 2009
I prefer slim rather than too skinny. There should be a limit for everything so same goes for this one as well. I absolutely don't find those 2 cover girl attractive at all. They seems like they are suffering from malnutrition if you ask me :joker:

Glassjaw

Miu > all
Apr 30, 2007
I see on this forum a lot of men criticizing idols for being 'too big' which in reality is perfectly healthy sizes; but not for their kawaii J-fetishes. Not only do I find this attitude absolutely disgusting but it's also further creating the attitudes created by the media that has caused eating disorders in young females and quite sexist to boot.

ardo

Mar 2, 2010
...criticizing idols for being 'too big' which in reality is perfectly healthy sizes...

No doubt!

I thought Ai Shinozaki would have broken that mold.

Hooray for all the plus-size Japanese starlets.:bingo:

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
[...]
I thought Ai Shinozaki would have broken that mold.

Hooray for all the plus-size Japanese starlets.:bingo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ai_Shinozaki_%28gravure_idol%29
https://www.google.com/search?q=Ai+Shinozaki&hl=en&prmd=imvnsloafd&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=7ea1T8G7Mcqg4gTf7eypCQ&ved=0CGcQsAQ&biw=1680&bih=866

Yup, really nice one. :nosebleed: That is what I was talking about. I want more women like her on TV and in the magazines. :gayprance:
But maybe it would also end in problems as women / girls have, e.g., breasts like her. Maybe we need a mix so every girl can have her own ideal... :puzzled:

LLKK

Sep 16, 2010
girl on the right is photoshopped. face is AV star Kontone Amamiya 雨宮琴音 (one of my faves). she's thin, but not like that!