DVD Codes Do they stand for something?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

gamer1978

Jun 9, 2009
I apologize if wrong category not sure where to ask.

I have wondered for a long time if the DVD codes for the JAV torrents mean something such as category if so where can I look up the code meaning's.

Some random examples.
VEC-052
IPTD-629

Thanks for reply.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
actually yes, they have a meaning: they (usually) identify a label and/or a specific series (sometimes both), but they tend to lose meaning if the series keeps going for a long time.
also, labels which have many different makers working for them may use IDs which are not related to anything (see centervillage)

VEC-xxx = VEnus
IPTD = IdeaPocket (i don't know about the TD part though, i don't like those)

some other...

VENU = obviously VENUs
OBA = OBAsan series by madonna
MIGD = Moodyz Gati
MIAD = Moodyz Acid
KAWD = KAWaii

(i guess the "D" letter stands for Digital or DVD, but who knows)

and so on...

problems arise when the minor labels split from the majors and they keep the same ID and covers template: see Fitch (was with madonna, until recently),
or tameike goro (began with moodyz IIRC)... but that should only trouble demented perfectionists like me :)

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Sometimes one of the letters is used to differentiate the product type (DVD, Bluray). But this is more used for general public releases like Idol Videos. One example that comes in my mind is Vap releases:

VPVF for VHS media
VPLF for LD media (LaserDisc for those who remember it lol)
VPBF for DVD media
VPXF for Bluray media