Does R18 have highest resolution for video?

cactustop

Feb 19, 2021
So I’m a noob, I purchased DVAJ-280 from r18 but the quality doesn’t seem to be that good?

I searched for the video on these forums and found that there is FHD version of DVAJ-280 available, but the links are dead.

does r18 not have the highest resolution version of the videos?

sugarpuffz

Feb 9, 2019
Even when they're labelled as HD/FHD they're usually not it seems. They don't give a resolution only bitrate of the videos classified as HD which can range from 2000kbps - 6000kbps.
The resolution of the 'HD' videos are as low as 1366x720.
And it seems from the other thread they don't make the higher bitrate videos available for download even though you can stream it at higher bitrates https://www.akiba-online.com/thread...d-you-like-to-have-on-r18-com.1769250/page-12

cactustop

Feb 19, 2021
Even when they're labelled as HD/FHD they're usually not it seems. They don't give a resolution only bitrate of the videos classified as HD which can range from 2000kbps - 6000kbps.
The resolution of the 'HD' videos are as low as 1366x720.
And it seems from the other thread they don't make the higher bitrate videos available for download even though you can stream it at higher bitrates https://www.akiba-online.com/thread...d-you-like-to-have-on-r18-com.1769250/page-12

thank you for linking that thread, I didn't realize that r18 was taking our suggestions on this forum

I skimmed the thread, and I see some people over the years have already been making comparisons on stream quality from r18 to other stream services, but I guess no improvements have happened :S

Some people have mentioned purchasing downloads from DMM/Fanza, but I guess its a toss up whether its any better?

broadbandz

Jan 11, 2019
duga.jp and xcream have the best dl quality in my experience. Or A straight BD rip. R18 uses terrible re-encode settings.

Reactions: cactustop