Do you still download JAV ISOs?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

antirad

Can you see me?
May 27, 2010
I was wondering, do any of you still download ISOs? JAV ISOs?

I only download certain videos I really like in ISOs if I can find them and burn them right away into a DVD-R. ISOs are usually around 4gb and I always use each ISO image file to burn and take up the whole DVD-R so I can't burn/write anymore.

The rest of the videos I'll download in other formats like avi, wmv, etc.

I know people can use boxes like PS3 like my friend does to watch videos using the computer wired to the PS3, and PS3 to hook up to a TV to watch anything downloaded into his TV that way.

I like to see the original quality of some released DVDs and ISOs are usually extact copies of released DVDs. I like the little extras you get from ISOs like menus, extra short scenes, images, etc. Also some of my friends have slow internet and they don't like to download videos or rarely go online so I'll give away JAV videos and other videos I've burned ISOs into a DVD-R so they can play it in any of their DVD players.

So do anyone here still download ISOs and burn them into a disc?
I also welcome feedback about boxes like PS3 to watch downloaded videos to watch TV.

Even though it's more time and effort, I might consider releasing certain newly purchased DVDs both in ISOs and AVI(XVID) in the near future.

loginer

Follow the rules!
Mar 17, 2011
I do, and for exactly the same reasons as you mentioned: convenient in some way and for some other movies I download them in smaller formats. Same goes for my friends who can't download a lot as our ISPs in Canada have implemented that crappy internet bandwidth data cap limit (lucky me, I have unlimited). Apparently some people were even asking for ISOs not long ago so I find whatever ISOs there are and upload them here.

antirad

Can you see me?
May 27, 2010
Thanks for the feedback. I feel more encouraged to make ISOs as I appreciate if there's enough demand for ISOs for me to take the time and effort to create and share ISOs.

I know some people who don't even have internet at home as they use it either at work, and/or free wireless networks in libraries, coffee shops and other free Wi-Fi spots. One of my friends who doesn't have internet at home, I do give that friend burned DVD-Rs from time to time.
:tea:

Mar 27, 2008
Generally I only download ISOs, hoping for the best possible quality, but note that many available have been compressed from the original size (e.g. 7 GB) to 4 GB (presumably so they fit on recordable DVDs), actually giving worse quality than an AVI.

Jul 1, 2009
Generally I only download ISOs, hoping for the best possible quality, but note that many available have been compressed from the original size (e.g. 7 GB) to 4 GB (presumably so they fit on recordable DVDs), actually giving worse quality than an AVI.

I have a friend who does a lot of JAV importing and he commented on this.

Many importers actually get stock from South Korea rather than Japan and these are often DVD5s where the original would have been DVD9. Of course, buying the original is much more expensive.

ISO implies "original" but that is often not the case. :scared: