Discussion about Filefactory and filehosting bans

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Hi akiba people,

many things have changed since the January events, and we need to get some feedback about what filehosters are still making trouble to a large part of the community.

Filefactory is one of them. Apparently they have severe country slots issues (maybe blocking entire countries). Can you tell your experience with this site, and if it is a good idea to have it on the banned list?

Otherwise we plan to ban any hoster that will block 'big' countries like USA or any european country. We know about Hitfile and Letitbit already, and they will most likely get banned. If you know other hosts that have this problem, you can always give a comment.

abdul.fig

Oct 22, 2010
Turbobit and Shareflare are also blocking users from the US.
But I don't think they should be banned completely as these hosts are amoung the most relible and the most free user friendly. Shareflare for example has no captcha and Letitbit allows to download more then 1 file simutanously and has not filesizelimit for free users.

rsuploader

May 30, 2010
Oron wasn't been been good since in time memorial for free users?

We badly needed this rule : ALLOWED, BANNED and PREFERRED HOSTS

Thank You

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
what is not mentioned in the list of banned links just is allowed, easy as it is, no need to recreate a list of allowed links, and preferred links are individual, I perhaps like other hosters more than you do...

And country bans can be walked around by using something like Jdownlaoder or a proxy...

rsuploader

May 30, 2010
What had become an accustomed in here is to create that trending "filehost" over the time while not taking considerations about our users who had brought a premium account. We can't just a allow a fly by night hosting to spam the forum. Preventing those crappy new filehosting to be used is one of the best way to cut spam and double topics. We need standardization about the filehosting being used in here.

Creating the list of preferred and allowed filehosting won't take you a day.

You might want to search this phrase and see how massive the content and quality of that forum have.
"ALLOWED, BANNED and PREFERRED HOSTS"

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I like filefactory, as a free user served me well over the years, and just recently I bought a premium because more members are using them, and I did not want to wait between uploads

as for banning filehosters, it is different in every country, so we need the mirrors, but preferred hosters is better, that way we can get premiums

satomimi

May 29, 2008
PLEASE JUST SEED EVERYTHING ON BIT TORRENT AND MAKE INCENTIVES FOR MEMBERS TO CONTINUE SEEDING OLD AND NEW CONTENT WAY INTO THE FUTURE, THESE SILLY HOSTING SITES WILL BE DICKS AND KILL LINKS, SEEDING ON BIT TORRENT IS THE BEST SOLUTION. MAKE AN INCENTIVE LIKE OTHER SITES IE ASIATORRENT ETC THAT MAKES MEMBERS SEED TILL THE NEXT MILLENIA.. BY NOT MAKING PEOPLE HIT AND RUN FROM DOWNLOADING THINGS..
THIS IS THE ONLY WAY FOR AKIBA CONTENT TO SURVIVE !!
:thief:

satomimi

May 29, 2008
INCENTIVES BEING TO CONTINUE SEEDING OTHERWISE THEIR RATIO DROPS, PLEASE CONSIDER TORRENT FOR ALL THINGS ONLY!:evil:

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
You should no oppose torrents and direct downloads, they are complementary ways to get your favourite stuff.
And the topic here is about how to deal with the crowd of filehosters available since the Megaupload events, nothing else.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
My only gripe about filefactory is their you can't download from us if there is no free slot available.Depending on the time of day it sometimes seems nearly like it is nearly impossible to download from them unless you have a paid membership. When you can download form them they seem pretty good.

edit. I have been spending the past 6 days trying to download 5 parts to a file.So far due to their "you can't download from us if there is no free slot available" I have only gotten 4 parts downloaded. A five part split file of equal size would have already been download from rapidshare even with their 33kb a second for free users.

waspie

Nov 28, 2009
My only gripe about filefactory is their you can't download from us if there is no free slot available.Depending on the time of day it sometimes seems nearly like it is nearly impossible to download from them unless you have a paid membership. When you can download form them they seem pretty good.

Same for us in Europe/UK.
Also, lumfile is terrible, cannot download from them yet, and some kind people have posted stuff using lumfile and i have not been able to download for 3 days+

rsuploader

May 30, 2010
We do need a poll to see what filehosting does our users really prefer.

Torrent tracker is really good but I don't think it's a priority of the Admin.​

pchan44

Sep 14, 2007
Alternative to banning

Rather than banning, what about allowing/encouraging others to add mirrors to the thread if the post does not include live links from a list of preferred hosts. That way, everyone can still get the files eventually, posters will be discouraged but not banned from using their own choice of host, and others may have some incentive to help spread the files to approved hosts.

Just my idea. It seems we already have too many restrictions right now. We need to make things as easy as possible on posters in these times.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
Rather than banning, what about allowing/encouraging others to add mirrors to the thread if the post does not include live links from a list of preferred hosts.

i was replying with the same idea, more or less, but i'd say to enforce it by rules.
this way the mods don't need to check the hosts' reliability and eventually ban them, since everyone of them is allowed IF it comes along with one of the "preferred" ones.
you could also discard the new rule about premium downloads, because who cares about a 2 GB file on oron, if the same file is on rapidshare in 100 MB parts?

satomimi

May 29, 2008
The thing is though, a lot of great content on this site, especially old files is now vanished... there needs to be more emphasis to all members in seeding on torrent and leaving the flow of data continuing, most and ALL webhosts will die when an influx of illegal data is uploaded.. think about it.. torrent is the ONLY solution to akibaonlines problems..

theydonotwantto

Aug 10, 2011
I'm a free downloader, and these hosts are acceptable:
- Depositfile
- Rapidgator
- Bitshare (slow, but downloadable)
- Oron
- Freakshare
- Shareflare
- Rapidshare (of course :grassdance:)
- FileReator
- Hotfile

Hosts that are very limited:
- Turbobit (very slow)
- Ryushare (usually require Premium to download)
- Ul.to (1 file for a very long time)
- Uploading.com (I can't download anything in this site, ever)

But, many people upload for money, and their hosts of choice (good payment) is not good for us. If we ban these hosts, maybe they stop posting, too.

Norbert8

May 25, 2007
Rather than ban hosters you don't like, consider making the use of one of a short list of preferred hosters mandatory.
I can understand why moderators want to give some consideration to free downloaders. But you all need to understand that Premium downloaders pay for everything - bandwidth for free downloaders, rewards for posters and profits for the hosts and even the hoster ads here on akiba which support the site. None of the hosters are charities - the money needs to come from somewhere. We premium downloaders also deserve consideration.
Premium downloaders want to pay for a few premium memberships and be able to access most postings.
In the "good old days" I could subscribe to maybe 6 premium memberships and download perhaps 80% of postings here.
Now I see a new hoster appearing every few days and posters getting exclusive rights by posting to the new hoster. My 6 premium accounts now cover under 20% of postings here even with multihoster memberships like Zevera.
The model which works for me (and is used by many sites) is requiring all posts to use one or more of a short list of mandatory hosters. I can get premium memberships with these few hosters and download everything. Posters can add as many other hosters as they want as long as they use one of the mandatory hosters. Rather than ban hosters you don't like, make hosters you like mandatory.
The mandatory list will need to change over time because hosters do disappear or become undesireable.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
If we ban these hosts, maybe they stop posting, too.

and who would care? they have their shitty blogs -and hundreds other places- to post their shitty links on to

moreover, having your links on a forum this big is a privilege: if the only way they can contribute is spamming junk they could just fk off.

i think this is the right time for Akiba to make a choice: get back to having a bunch of friendly uploaders, who reply to comments, reupload, discuss, and contribute on a whole to the site,
or continue to this same path of banning, unbanning, deleting, debating about premiums.... and mind you, things will only get worse!

i'd say 3 hosts: rapidshare and two other good ones, one of them mandatory.
(or as i said earlier, RS mandatory and whatever else)

just my 2 cents -and i'm an uploader- but maybe it's worth a thought.

edit: slightly offtopic, [RS] prefix is for rapidshare; whoever use it for ryushare or anything else will get a nice kick to their rep from me
not like they'll care though...

shibataken

Jan 14, 2012
I think Depositfiles is blocking UK users...I can never get it to connect and then it causes a network timeout...

I am not quite 100% sure though can someone else confirm?